PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I have to dress for 4 events on one weekend! Yikes!

AKADonna
02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
I just made contact with the TRI-ESS group in Atlanta and have been invited to their monthly support group meeting. That all sounded swell until I figured out that, unlike dressing in drab, I will need to have 4 different outfits for a reception Fri evening, group meeting Sat morning, PM activities on Saturday and a dressier dinner on Saturday evening! Dressed en femme, I will need to present a whole different "package" on each occasions - from shoes, hosiery, dress or slacks, jewelry and accessories!

So, Off to Lane Bryant I went (en drab) and after browsing for a while, selected 3 items to purchase. The cashier said," Someone's going to have a great Valantines Day!" So, I replied, "Little do you know". She said "Aw, come on, we both know that these are for you and that you will look great in them!" I asked how she knew and she reminded me that I had a bra fitting there about 6 months ago. "48b, isn't it?" Can you believe that she remembered me?

Anyway, she dug in her drawer and found some "REAL WOMAN" discount certificates and that gave me 30% off. After completing the transaction, she handed me another REAL WOMAN coupon good for $25 on my next purchase. She said," You're just as REAL as any woman who comes in here, honey!

Talk about making my day!!! I wonder if she knows what an effect she had on me.

I already know what I will use the $25 certificate for! I need more accessories for my outing!

trish lee
02-13-2014, 06:00 PM
That is awesome. Hope you have fun.

ArleneRaquel
02-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Sounds awesome-You Go Girl !

Adriana Moretti
02-13-2014, 06:35 PM
so exciting!! I would love to make that event...but scheduling didnt work out...i would like to make it down there for that event in the future be sure to tell us how it is and take pictures

Linda Leigh
02-13-2014, 08:11 PM
That sounds like you will a great time and I know you will go back to the same SA :)

Enjoy yourself

hugs

Linda Leigh

S. Lisa Smith
02-13-2014, 09:07 PM
What a great shopping trip!! Have fun on your weekend!!!

Marcelle
02-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Nothing is better than a reason to shop but getting the great service and reception you did makes it that much nicer. I hope you have a great time.

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
02-13-2014, 09:42 PM
The bottom line is that women are always busy, no matter what kind of "woman" they are.:battingeyelashes::)

Jamie Lynn
02-13-2014, 09:44 PM
That is too cool, Donna! Hope you have a great time and lots of stories for us! ;)

Annaliese2010
02-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Sounds like a whole lot more work than I'd be willing. Any chance you might get paid? Kaching!

Beverley Sims
02-13-2014, 10:11 PM
I know where I would shop in future.

Jenniferathome
02-13-2014, 11:48 PM
Let's see. That's one big suitcase for Donna and a backpack for boy you.

Audrey Sis
02-14-2014, 01:48 AM
Um, that's a "Cadillac" problem. :D
Have fun!

Jenny Elwood
02-14-2014, 01:56 AM
You guys in the States are so lucky!

sonialexis
02-14-2014, 05:05 AM
sounds so fun...so jealous. have fun dear.

AKADonna
02-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the kind words! You know, I've been thinking about the SA from Lane Bryant and how well she treated me without so much as a strange look or hesitation. I'm thinking of buying a little heart shaped box of candy and taking it in to her today, wishing her Happy Valentines Day and thanking her for caring about me (and other crossdressers!). She REALLY made my day!

Isn't it strange how one person's kindness can overcome all fears and trepidation and really make you feel accepted for what you are? I didn't even catch her name, but I love her!

Jamie Lynn
02-14-2014, 08:59 AM
You should absolutely do that, Donna! I'm sure she'd appreciate it! And don't forget to get her name this time!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Valentines day!!:)

MonikaTirola
02-14-2014, 09:48 AM
I love to shop at LB!

I love even more the idea to reward a hard working retail assistant!

Once you know her name also let her boss and/or corporate know too.

MsVal
02-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Now THAT is validation.

Almost lost in this thread is your trip to Tri-Ess. I hope you have a marvelous time there, meet lots of great girls, learn a few things, and come back refreshed and renewed.

We're expecting a trip report.

Best wishes
MsVal

carhill2mn
02-14-2014, 12:15 PM
What a terrible thing to have to wear four different outfits in such a short time - NOT! Even when I am home alone I find that I am reluctant to wear the same outfit two days in a row. This, of course, does not happen when I am presenting as a man!

Stephanie47
02-14-2014, 12:29 PM
That's one SA who knows the color of money is the same whether it's from a cross dresser or a GG. I've always found if one acts respectful and with the proper decorum most SA are helpful. I wouldn't mind packing for an outing like that.

AKADonna
02-14-2014, 05:37 PM
When I delivered a little Valentines candy today, we had a really nice discussion. She seemed a little offended when I made the suggestion that "it really doesn't matter who buys it, the commissions are the same. She let me know that the SA'a at LB are not paid on commission, that she just really enjoys working with her regular customers and she makes a point of trying to memorize their names and faces. In my case, the "special" thing about me was my bra size from the fitting. However she does it, Karen is an absolute professional! (I think that she enjoys giving bra and female dressing advice to crossdressers like me! It seems that she has areal knack for suggesting the proper items to highlight the better areas and to minimize the negative areas of a person's dress. What a pro!

She was totally shocked that I thought enough of her to bring her the box of candy!

samantha rogers
02-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a great day, and a wonderful trip! And that was so sweet of you to go back and bring her a gift!

Eryn
02-14-2014, 05:47 PM
What a fun "problem" to have!

I've never done so many en femme things in one weekend. My usual problem is being en femme, having to do something in boy mode, and then be en femme again. Everything is switchable except for nail polish, so I tend to opt for clear polish for such times.

dawn459
02-14-2014, 05:52 PM
OMG I have to dressfor4 events: This sounds like an adventure that you will enjoy even if
it is for work. Please be sure to fill us girls in on how the 4 times went.

hazelm
02-14-2014, 09:47 PM
So happy for you :D

Jamie Lynn
02-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Great that you did that, Donna! I'm sure you "made her day" just as she did yours! :)