PDA

View Full Version : Difference between CDers and Adult Babies / Furries ??

Mink
02-13-2014, 06:38 PM
someone brought this up in another thread saying it'd make a good topic and i had thought of it too... might be a bit controversial...

but in many ways things aren't that much different... the struggles for understanding / finding a partner / out in public or private what one can do ... in some ways ours is much more accepted (esp. compared to the AB!) but in some ways less (i see Furries kinda going with cosplay or something people would just find amusing / cute!)

then that deeper thing of one's "inner animal" / i should have been a wolf! ... inner child / baby ?? or whatnot... MANY things!

who are we to argue!

but let's!

how is crossdressing all that different!

do you view people in these other categories as brothers in arms or something utterly separate from you!

Kate Simmons
02-13-2014, 06:45 PM
The basic difference is that most of us are the "other" Otherkin on the human side. :)

Barbie Anne
02-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Well not to be too awful graphic but I don't wet or mess my panties.
Now don't get me wrong that wasn't meant to bash that particular crowd, just using it as an example to answer one of your questions about how we are different.
I've actually done a bit of research on the subject and the best I've come up with was from an episode of C.S.I.
SA at an ab store stated "Some men weren't loved by their mothers and some men never had one."
Whilst I can understand that, it's just not my cup of tea.

MissAmy
02-13-2014, 07:00 PM
I suppose on paper we aren't much different

Erica Anne
02-13-2014, 07:03 PM
I have bought a few items that I though were adorable. Ruffle panties (had them made with a narrow crotch instead of the 10 inch wide.....). They almost look like a mini skirt full of ruffles, so if I see something cute I may get it despite the intended target if it can be tailored. Diapers and such, not my cup of coffee (I do not drink tea).

EricaCD
02-13-2014, 07:23 PM
What the heck. I am due for my semi-annual post here. (To everyone I used to interact with here waybackwhen, hi!) What's better, I can largely recycle a post from a different forum a couple years ago...

There's a resemblance but I don't know that I'd call it profound. There's a huge difference between being able to truly self-identify as the opposite sex as opposed to another species. Do furries despise having a developed forebrain and opposable thumbs (for those who don't identify as primates)? Does it cause them anguish to be forced to used spoken words as opposed to nonverbal communication? Do they resent the technology that enables them to dress as they do? Would they prefer a society bounded only by the laws of nature?

Similarly, do adult babies really resent the development of their critical faculties and the learning of body functions? Would they honestly be happier if their limited intellectual development allowed them only to bond with parents and siblings, and their disease resistance was at infant levels? Might it not be the case that there is an aspect to surrender and helplessness that is attractive in its own right, and more conveniently realized by indulging in adult baby fantasies?

I suspect the claimed identity is FAR more superficial than it is for transgender people (including many CDs, but perhaps excluding purely fetishistic crossdressers). Look, I am honestly willing to be persuaded. I should stress that people dressing up as babies or furries does not bother me. And if someone really does identify to that extent and is nevertheless able to function in society, I would be troubled by anyone calling that a pathology. I'm just having a difficult time understanding that someone actually fundamentally identifies as non-homo-sapiens, or non-age-developed, in the way that I think many of us (and indeed a fair amount of cisgendered society) can understand that someone fundamentally identifies as a different gender.

darla_g
02-13-2014, 07:55 PM
this thread confused me quite a bit. thanks Erica i agree with what you posted

Rachael Leigh
02-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Ok must respond here since I am one who was very much involved in the AB world and yes it is very different in many ways but for me it was an expression of my little girl side. I was and adult baby sissy or little girl. So it's very much alike where the girls clothes are important. Now wearing the diapers and using them well it's hard to explain regression unless you have experienced it. I'm pretty sure why I was involved in it was my childhood had lots of upheaval, not really bad but enough that I felt abandoned. It is an interesting but loving group of folks much like here

Beverley Sims
02-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Just remember, some here might not think A/B is their cup of tea, this is how some wives feel about your crossdressing.

Jenniferathome
02-13-2014, 11:39 PM
There is a weirdness continuum. Cross dressing is on it but probably pretty much on the more innocuous end. As compared to say, wanting to dress like a mouse, cross dressing is more comprehendible. It's weird but men and women are at least humans.