PDA

View Full Version : I made it out the door!

Bria
02-13-2014, 07:23 PM
Last night I got dressed and went to Hamburger Mary's where I had been told that some of the girls gather on Wed evenings. I had never been there so I was unsure where to look for the girls, fortunately the hostess read me right away and directed me to the table of about eight girls.

I sat down and introduced myself to those next to me and ordered a drink. Later I moved to the other end of the table to introduce myself to that end. I had a great time, everyone was very nice

I was like many who have reported here, I wasn't sure I could get out of the car and then no sure that I would get past the front door, but you know what? The world didn't end, lightening didn't strike, and nobody else in the place seemed to notice me!

I feel like I passed the big final exam in school!! Now I know that I can do it again next week if I have the opportunity.

When I got home I told my wife and she said that I could have chosen a better outfit. so we spent some time with her helping me with color coordination, etc. Sooo I hoping to raise my game next time. I'll keep you all posted!!

Hugs Bria

Candy Cox
02-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Bria, that sounds wonderful, congratulations! You have a supportive wife, what a great deal that is.
I do not know if there is a group like that where I live, I wish there was. Candy.

Katiekay
02-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Congrats
Hope one day I can do the same as you ;)

Raychel
02-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Sounds like an awesome night Bria.
Amazing how it make you feel when you do get to step out that door.

Thanks for sharing your night with us.

Barbie Anne
02-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Gratz Bria. I remember the first time. You have passed your rubicon and it's downhill from here girl :)

Rachelakld
02-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun

Kristy 56
02-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Congratulations Bria ! May you have many more fun outings. :)

natcrys
02-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Congratulations! :D

You took the step.. and you survived! And while it always sounds easy in theory.. it's is a big deal when you actually do it!

So enjoy the great feeling! :)

Linda Leigh
02-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Congrats on your 1st big step:) Here's to many more !!

Hell on Heels
02-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Way to go Bria! I'm still trying to coordinate the first meeting with some of the other girls. It will happen!
Your very fortunate to have that supportive wife of yours, give her and the girls at Hamburger Mary's
a hug for me. Thanks for sharing your adventure with the rest of us, it was very inspiring.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Marcelle
02-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Hi Bria,

CONGRATS! I am glad you took at step you felt you were ready for and all went well. It sounds like you met some new friends and now have a group to share Bria with.

Hugs

Isha

GretchenJ
02-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Bria,
Congrats.. It takes a lot of courage to take that first step, then slightly less courage to take each subsequent step until you get to the door.

I am so glad you had a great first night out. Hopefully it's the first of many more
Gretchen

Jamie Lynn
02-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Sounds like you got that monkey off your back, Bria! Are you going to show us what you wore? Huh? ;)

Eryn
02-13-2014, 09:39 PM
That is an experience you won't have again! Next time will be as much fun, but less anxious! Glad it went well for you.

I haven't been to the new HM location yet. How was it?

Beverley Sims
02-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Bria,
The big advantage for you is you have your wife's support.

I will do Hamburger Mary's sometime, it is on the calendar.

Adriana Moretti
02-13-2014, 10:27 PM
great news congrats on your accomplishment...I love hearing stories of positive outings...and hope other gals take note. I have to say though a place called Hamburger Mary's really has me craving a juicy burger right now !!

KaceyR
02-13-2014, 10:37 PM
Congrats on your first...sounds like a great get-together!

I'd be conflicted tho..stay thin.. Or chow down on burgers :)
been trying to stay away from those...
Otherwise it sounds like a great evening. And with the SO's support it's all perfect!

MonctonGirl
02-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Congratulations on crossing that stream. Maybe that's why they call it CROSSdressing. It was such an amazing, scary thrill the first time and gets better and better the more confident I am with my outfit and makeup. 4 times for me now.

Audrey Sis
02-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Well done, gurl! My first time out was with my ex (about 25 years ago) and yes, she helped me with outfits :) Otherwise I probably would have looked like a teenage hooker who had slept in the bushes...

Tiffanyselkoe
02-14-2014, 02:25 AM
How exciting Bria!
One of my first outings was at Hamburger Marys last summer during first Friday in Kansas City. I had a blast and get to Kansas City as often as I can. I live in Columbia so it is a bit of a drive. I think you will find it gets easier and you will develop your own sense of style as you go along. Have fun with it and accept yourself for who you are. You will no doubt have an awesome journey! Hugs, Tiffany :)

Lynn Marie
02-14-2014, 03:01 AM
Congratulations Bria. Next time you go make friends simply by being more interested in who they are than in impressing them with who you are. Once you get them talking about themselves, you're the most popular girl in the place!

LenGray
02-14-2014, 04:22 AM
Congratulations Bria! :D I'm so happy for you! I hope you have many more wonderful experiences in the future :)

ashley-2501
02-14-2014, 04:35 AM
congratulations! That sounds like a huge a mount of stress than fun but It sure is nice to have a support structure there and be able to practice your craft.
Having friends with the same desires makes is way more Fun.\(^▽^✿)ノ

sonialexis
02-14-2014, 06:00 AM
You go girl, proud of you and very happy too. I've talked about wanting to go out enfemme and i agree with some when they the getting out and in is the hardest and you did it. yes definitely up your game next time, great wife you got there, girl.

Claire Cook
02-14-2014, 06:26 AM
Congratulations Bria! It's like I think Bilbo said at one point -- the hardest thng on his journey was going out the front door...

Heather-Hill
02-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Congrats Bria, I really envy you to be out and about and meet up with other girls. I have the courage to do it myself but I don't think the wife will be too happy, she gives me my girly time but doesn't want to see it, lol
Mind you I would have to adopt a strategy to go out of my front door and get into my car so as my neighbours don't twig !

Take care and enjoy.

Hugs Heather

Katey888
02-14-2014, 07:33 AM
Great news Bria, Congratulations! :cheer:

More like a driving test than final exam - now you can go whenever and wherever you please...

And give your supportive wife a hug from me too - super.. :)

Katey x

Bria
02-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks to all of you for your kind remarks!! I owe special thanks to Isha who has posted so many outings in detail that I was sure if Isha can do it so can Bria!

Bria got a nice Valentine's day scarf from my wife along with some chocolates, that's bound to help me loose that 20 pounds. The wife asked me if Bria will be going to Hamburger Mary's next week aaand I said if there was no conflicts, then yes. I think she will help me upgrade my outfit.

I really didn't get much of a look at Hamburger Mary's because the table that the girls were at was just inside the door and I didn't have to really go very far into the place.

As far as pictures go I still need to get the wife's approval to put out pics over the net, but last night as we looked at the new scarf with some of the outfits she took some pics on her phone and commented that she didn't think that any friends would recognize me, I did have the wig and lipstick on.

So small steps before big steps before running!!

Hugs to all, Bria

Tiffanyselkoe
02-16-2014, 10:19 AM
My wife helps me with my outfits too. She is so awesome!

Angie G
02-16-2014, 10:27 AM
You go girl.:hugs:
Angie