PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Apple

kev.wong140
02-14-2014, 01:46 AM
Anyone thought about how to deal with Adam's Apple?
It's usually quite visible on most men and it may be an easy giveaway.

Adriana Moretti
02-14-2014, 01:59 AM
chokers, jewelery,scarf's,turtlenecks, long haired wigs are all ways gals try to make the adams apple look less noticable

Hell on Heels
02-14-2014, 02:23 AM
Surgery is an option. How frickin scary is that?
Try exactly what Adriana suggested. And accessory
shopping can be as much fun as looking for that new
LBD! Honestly, unless it's waaaay oversized, don't worry
so much about it, If the rest of you looks femme, John Q public
will see a female and not give you a second thought.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Alexis.j
02-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Chainsaw baby!!!!!

Lol, after loosing some weight I noticed that mine is more pronounced. .. Accessories WILL help you there, but I do think if you focus on doing up ther parts of your body to draw attention away from it, it would also help.

Barbie Anne
02-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Mine is also quite large and I have a long slender neck wich makes it poke out more. I gave up trying to hide it, but you can also work magic with neck makeup.
My main problem is the reason mine is so big is I have a very low voice and haven't been able to develope a femme voice that doesn't just sound rediculously falsetto lol.

PretzelGirl
02-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Don't stare at the ceiling! Some women have pronounced Adam's Apples too.

Beverley Sims
02-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Fortunately for me I don't have one, I was told not to act like a NY tourist.
Stop looking at the skyscrapers and wear a high necked sweater.

Same advice as Sue gave. :)

Zylia
02-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Man, I wish my presentation was so good that I had to worry about a semi-visible adam's apple.

Ivy Lee
02-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Like Adriana said use anything that will draw attention away from it. Luckily the only way you can see mine is if I look straight up but even then its not too bad. I wear really long wigs to make my features appear even softer.

Sarah Marie
02-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Bruce Jenner just had Adam's Apple surgery.

arbon
02-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Well here is what I finally did

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5488/12522576323_dc67055ed3.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/theresoris/12522576323/)

Cheryl T
02-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Arbon, isn't that a little high to be the adam's apple?

arbon
02-14-2014, 01:14 PM
No, they go in above the adams apple, slide an instrument down and scrape the cartilage

Ezekiel
02-14-2014, 05:55 PM
I'd say go a lot with scarves and specially chokers, these are ideal. Necklaces help too, but depending on them they might draw attention to the neck and thus make the apple more noticeable.

I don't care about that though, I'm more concerned with the rest of the body.

sometimes_miss
02-14-2014, 07:05 PM
You can also just get real fat, and the rolls and turkey neck will easily cover any evidence of said 'apple'. Of course, it won't change your voice (your 'adams apple' is part of the area which affects what your voice sounds like), so unless you become mute, or train your voice very well, people will notice anyway and any visual work you have done will be wasted. Might as well just wear a burka; covers a multitude of sins.

Genifer Teal
02-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Bruce Jenner just had Adam's Apple surgery.

Thought "that" might have been the reason for the divorce. Not just "this" surgery. From the beginning I considered that his more feminine look might not have been an accident. Good for him. One more on our side.

No, they go in above the adams apple, slide an instrument down and scrape the cartilage

How much did you have to begin with? I have heard that there is only so much they can scrape without making it too thin.

Short of surgery there is not much I can do to change my prominent apple. I just carry on. If I look good enough for people to accept me for who I am, I am happy.

arbon
02-15-2014, 02:06 AM
It was large, very noticeable. Like you said they can only take so much off so there is still some there but better then it was.

ashley-2501
02-15-2014, 05:31 AM
I where a shemagh scarf and or a turtleneck. but having a focal point that is a way from your neck helps distract the eye. like a flashy hair peace and matching bracelet rather than a necklace.

Marcelle
02-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Well . . . I have way too many tells to worry about my Adam's apple being noticed. :eek:

I will wear scarves from time to time and in the winter turtle necks are an option. However with summer coming up with the exception of light scarves for certain outfits, I will just have to suck it up.

Hugs

Isha

MissTee
02-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Scarfs and wraps work. Have to say it's not a big factor of my dude-in-a-dress profile. Genetics equipped me with a powerlifter arms and shoulders, and in my younger days I did a lot of lifting. The bulk is still there and it's a dead give away.

Cheryl T
02-15-2014, 09:42 AM

I see, I suppose that helps to hide the scar being farther up under the chin...thanks for that information.

Eryn
02-15-2014, 04:01 PM
It is true that Adams apples aren't exclusive to males.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/women-adams-apple-myth-fact.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=Adams+apple+women&client=ubuntu&hs=MQ8&channel=fs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=udH_Ut7MBpDmoASX44GYAw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg&biw=1152&bih=752#channel=fs&q=Adams+apple+women+-jenner+-trans+-sexual+-coulter&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

I think that some CDers do more harm than good by wearing inappropriate items to cover the Adams' apple. Things that are in fashion, like the currently-hot infinity scarves, work well as long as they are worn casually, not drawn tightly around the neck. Some things, like blingy or velvet chokers draw unwanted attention to the neck area and should be avoided.

Stephanie47
02-15-2014, 04:15 PM
I understand from my wife, daughter, granddaughter and daughter-in-law that scarfs are in right now. Maybe there are some cross dressers in the fashion industry. I have covered up with a scarf or worn a dress with a turtle neck. Wearing a wig with long hair works well for me. It may be a vanity thing since my masculine size will give me away before anyone gets close enough to check out my neck. What do I do with large hands? Or big feet?

heellover
02-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Don't stare at the ceiling! Some women have pronounced Adam's Apples too.

Thats a good point Sue. I recall there was a host of a local PBS station and she hardly ever wore tops that showed her neck.
Always in a turtle neck or a blouse with a very pronounced collar or rocking a scarf! One time I seen her on there and she had on a very dressy gown and you could see her adam's apple vary clearly! Thus the tops she always wore.

Lori Kurtz
02-15-2014, 08:21 PM
This is why I always liked turtlenecks. I could get a nice tight look to show off my chest, while covering up that maleness-indicator in my neck. In warm weather, I even used sleeveless turtlenecks.

Jilmac
02-15-2014, 08:37 PM
I have always wondered why, if Eve supposedly took the first bite, why then did Adam end up with the apple lump in his throat? That said, I guess the only way to make it less obvious is to conceal that part of the neck.

Launa
02-15-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't worry about the apple because there are so many other things that give me away....... That's why I'm called a BFT

BFT stands for big f__cking tranny. LOL

iGenny
02-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Barbie Anne had mentioned makeup. Use a contouring technique - apply powder darker than your natural color over the parts that stick out, and powder lighter than your natural color along the sides.

This doesn't hide it, contouring isn't as effective around moving parts, but it tricks the observer's eye. Anything to downplay the hand we're dealt, right?