PDA

View Full Version : I got my legs waxed today

watts
01-08-2006, 02:42 AM
I had an appointment at a local salon to get my feet, legs, and underarms waxed today. The girl that waxed me was pretty nice and didn't seem akward. It hurt a bit but they're so nice and smooth now.

Only problem was my upper thighs were still crazy hairy and gross, so I called another salon that I know does brazillians on men (I figured that they would be able to handle anything) and asked if I could get my bikini area and butt waxed. No problem they said, and set me an appointment for the afternoon.

I was kindof nervous, but the lady that waxed me there used to work for a drag queen and seemed to have a LOT of experience, so it wasn't akward at all.

There had really been no expectation of getting ALL that waxed in one day, I guess I was just lucky to get appointments easily.

I must say that I'm very pleased with the results, and would like to continue. My hair is a good bit too coarse for shaving to really be that effective, and this looks great! I love it. As soon as I got cleaned up at home I slipped on some heels and strutted around with my smooth legs.

Any of you ladies wax? A bit spendy, but probably worth it to me.

MandyTS
01-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Eyebrows, upper lip (only place I grow facial hair) and hands occasionally,

Thin female like hair on the rest of my body so no problems, just shave about once ever 2 days.

racquel
01-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Always,completely(except pubes).I do myself and the cost is reasonable.(12.00 per 4-6 weeeks)
I also do the wife,her sister and a g.g.friend.

DanaJ
01-08-2006, 09:03 AM
I get my legs/feet waxed 2 or 3 times per year, my chest/underarms about once per year.

pattied
01-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Always,completely(except pubes).I do myself and the cost is reasonable.(12.00 per 4-6 weeeks)
I also do the wife,her sister and a g.g.friend.

Must be nice... my SO won't allow herself to be waxed. She shaves twice a week. I on the other hand can get away with shaving legs, arms and chest 2 a week, but my bikin area is very thick, and shaving isn't really feasable with the ingrown hair issue sI get (rash, itch, etc)... I am contemplating waxing there instead. Perhaps I am wrong, but have I other options? I think this is really my only one.

when my SO and I are intimate within 2 days of my shaving the above trouble area, my SO complains about it. But I am loathe ti shave it every other day, then have to deal with the rash... help?:(

watts
01-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Honestly, it sounds like waxing might be the best option for you. Just the bikini area shouldn't be too expensive.

You gals with finer hair are really lucky, my leg hair is coarse enough that even right after shaving it still sortof looks like I have stubble.

jjjjohanne
01-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Are there any health concerns one should have about waxing? Is it generally safe and as uneventful (healthwise) as shaving at home?

Kiva
01-09-2006, 08:55 AM
I waxed mine yesterday, until the bottle ran out. I used Nair sugaring wax. I was able to do 1/2 a leg with the kit. I'm thinking it would take 4 more to get my legs, stomach and chest done. I was really impressed with the results of the do-it-yourself kit.

Kiva

Sedona
01-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi,

Yes, I'm an infrequent waxer. In addition to experience with shaving and nairing (and an awful bout with an epilator), I've been waxing off and on for a few years now. I tried doing it myself, but it was such a hassle, I do the salon thing.

I've had a few brazilians, several back and chest waxings, and one underarm waxing. Haven't had the legs/arms done yet. For the back, chest, and underarms, I went to a local beauty school. This is pretty non-technical waxing, and I save about half over full salon prices. It takes a little longer, but each time, two nice ladies did the work at the same time, so it went by fairly quickly. For the Brazilians, I wouldn't mickey-mouse around, and would only go to someone very experienced at doing this for men.

About an hour ahead of time, I'd recomend taking two or three tylenol or advil (or something stronger like vicodin if you have a prescription) to dull the discomfort.

And, make sure you follow your waxer's recomendations as far as exfoliating afterwards.

Phyliss
01-12-2006, 04:53 AM
As I mentioned on another post about hair, I used to shave, but this past July I finally got up the courage to have a full body wax. Yeah a bit pricey but oh so worth it considering the results. I take a couple of OTC Motrin about an hour before and no problem. My waxing guru is real professional about the whole thing.

One thing I did learn is that when you're getting the bikini area done, you can know how the frog felt when you laid him out on the high school biology lab table. Here I was with my arms over my head having just had the underarms done and she asked me to spread my legs.

\ /
( )

Is sorta what I looked like. After the warm wax was put on ,it felt good but knowing what was about to happen kinda took away from the fun. After waxing she has a oil based lotion she puts on to help remove excess wax. As she was using the lotion to clean up the bikin area, I found myself suddenly able to solve quadratic equations mentally. The last thing I wanted to do was embarass her by appearing to get a "cheap thrill"
Notice I said "appearing"

I get my wax job done about every five weeks.

danielle_bc
01-13-2006, 12:07 AM
I wax. Tried shaving a few times but I had that damn stubble back in three days whereas waxing is good for up to 2 weeks b4 it gets noticeable again(feel). If the person doing the waxing is good at it and I mean GOOD, then it isn't as uncomfortable as some make it out to be. The hair coming back lighter each time is a bit misleading. It seems to come back lighter only because you are getting a brand new hair which is actually finer at the tip unlike a cut hair(shaving) which is as heavy as it was when it was shaved off. Waxing does, when done properly, pull the entire hair out hopefully with the root ball. If you get a slight bleeding from the pour then that means you have dammaged the root pour and likely will never have a hair growing there again. I have lots of areas now where ther is no hair at all and going for more.
So you want to try waxing now?
I suggest you ask the persons experience that will be doing the procedure and inform them that you are a first timer. It might help.
Good Luck.

Wendy me
01-13-2006, 07:16 AM
i am a shaver i did that home wax thingy and was not too pleased with it .. i do want to go get waxed it be cool not to have to shave every outher day.....

Tracy Lynn
01-13-2006, 11:39 AM
I really want to try this soon. I'm tired of the shaving too.

Kimberly
01-13-2006, 12:18 PM
... something I'm yet to do. but want to.

Patty
01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I shave once a week would luv to try waxing(ah but the small pocket book) :angel:

Stormgirl
01-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Im jealous

Charlene Marie
01-14-2006, 12:05 AM
I do it myself. If you can't or won't go to a salon, buy a wax warmer, a package of waxing clothes, and the wax spreaders ( looks like wooden tounge depressors) at any beauty supply. I use; "Salley's Beauty Supply", entire cost around $35.00. The wax lasts for many months. Just follow the instructions."Salley's are located all over the US. Besides,if you do it yourself, you can take a sip of your Vodka Rocks between rips-OOOOUUU that felt good.