PDA

View Full Version : Going to Janets Closet

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 09:58 AM
I am working close enough to Janets Closet that I am headed over there tomorrow evening. I have always wanted to order breast forms, corsets, padding but didn't want to get it wrong over the net.

I may be able to complete my look tomorrow evening. I need a lot of help in cinching up my baggage and padding the flat areas but hey we have to start somewhere. I am most excited about driving back with my new breast in place. May get two pair.

I will have to take a couple of pairs of heels I brought with me this trip so I can try on outfits and the like.

Here is to a super exciting weekend.

Laura912
02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Sounds like a kid in a candy store!

MsVal
02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Living in the Detroit area, it should be simple for me to get there, and one day I may. For now, however, I must rely on good people like you, Kristyn, to help me live vicariously.

Please let us know how it went.

Best wishes
MsVal

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 10:10 AM
MsVal, I do not know how you can stay away??? I am lucky enough to be working a couple hours west so I cannot stay away...And Laura, I will be a kid in a candy store. I will be in a pink fog all day tomorrow.

Beverley Sims
02-14-2014, 10:17 AM
I felt walking into Janet's closet was like discovering the holy grail. :)

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Thank you for sharing this, Beverly. I hope they are patient with me. I was just perusing the website and I will be buying a bunch of stuff as long as I can fit my fat butt into it. I gained some of my weight back last year so now I am only 80 lbs down but back on the horse and letting Kristyn come out and play again. Amazing how my weight goes up when Kristyn is suppressed. s

Jean*
02-14-2014, 10:39 AM
It is a great place. They are very helpful.

KaceyR
02-14-2014, 11:00 AM
I enjoy the place as well... Good service but it's easy to get crazy with the $ :)
A good portion of my tax refund stayed behind there when I left...Was there last Sat while out and about dressed.

Say hi to Bunni if you see her. :)

Adriana Moretti
02-14-2014, 11:25 AM
yes they are great..i have only done mail order...I can imagine feeling like a kid in a candy store though if I went in person. I def will if I am ever in the area

samantha rogers
02-14-2014, 11:31 AM
I was in there not too long ago to get some photos taken. And they are all so nice. Bunny is the best! Just awesome. Tell her Samantha said Hi!, and thanks!:)

Krististeph
02-14-2014, 11:48 AM
"OUTSTANDING young lady!" As my drill sergeant would say... sort of.

Excellent teaser (first chapter) we want more!

-Kristi

anaissa
02-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Am I the only CD in the world who had never heard of Janet ' s Closet? Sometimes my lack of information is embarrassing.

samantha rogers
02-14-2014, 12:36 PM
Honey, there are other stores, too, and I seem to remember there used to be a big one in New England somehere ( can't remember exactly where now ...my ditsy old memory...tee hee) that I visited years ago.. But Janets place is certainly fun. However, though they have a good selection of some things, especially shoes, they do not carry a broad selection of clothes. What they do have is a little... well ...a little on the "trashy" side...then again... LOL... trashy can be fun sometimes...tee hee.:battingeyelashes:
But the shoes, for those of us with giant feet, are to die for. And the staff are great, and Bunni is a wizard with makeup. She made even me look good, and that says a LOT. LOL.
Hugs

insearchofme
02-14-2014, 01:00 PM
i've had two make overs at janet's, loved them both! Janet is a trip!!!!

njcddresser
02-14-2014, 02:36 PM
I ordered my Brest forms through them. They were great help on the phone in helping me determine the size. In fact, I'm wearing them right now as I write this

Lillyasia
02-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Kristyn,
Please thank her for all that she does for crossdressers. I have three sets of her forms and love them.

RADER
02-14-2014, 03:13 PM
That place is on my bucket list; It would be an 8 hour drive, so I must make time
this year. Have fun.
Rader

Jorja
02-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Does Janet know you are coming or is this a sneak attack? Be careful, girls get upset when you go snooping around in their closet. :)

Have a good time and I am sure the girls will help you find whatever you desire.

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 03:58 PM
I will most certainly let everyone know what I bring home. I am capping my budget at $ 400 but ya never know. I will tell everyone that you all said hello. I will 21 hours from my house when I get there but I travel some with one of my jobs so I am a very luck girl. I have a list a page long.

PaulaQ
02-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Honey, forget about your budget. This may well be a once in a lifetime event for you, so let yourself have just a hell of a good time!

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Bad News...they close at 6 and I do not believe I can get there prior to then tomorrow. wow, what a let down. I will to carve time out next week unless something changes tomorrow.

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Paula, I guess I could show you my purchases in person when I get back to Texas. I do not live far from Dallas

Shy_Confusion
02-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Kristyn, it seems to me that you can make an after hours appointment with Janet's Closet. You might look on the site or give them a call.

PaulaQ
02-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Sure, it'd be fun to see what you get hon. I live near the center of town.

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Thank you for the information, Shy!

Shy_Confusion
02-14-2014, 04:26 PM
You're welcome.
I anticipate the after action report.

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 04:31 PM
it will probably be Thursday before I can go now. I am very let down. I have been excited for two days. I guess I will practice make up tomorrow night.

Jackie F
02-14-2014, 06:30 PM
I have also had two transformations at Janet's, Bunny is great. Tell bunny Jackie F said hi.
I am planning a third transformation and I hear she has some new dresses so I will be shopping as well!

S. Lisa Smith
02-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Have a wonderful time, once you get there!!

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Thank you, Lisa. I will tell Bunny hello, Jackie.

SarahBJackson
02-14-2014, 11:07 PM
I've been to Janet's Closet before when I drove through the Detroit area on the way to my parents. I bought a fabulous pair of red pumps there!

~Joanne~
02-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Going to Janet's can be a hit or miss sometimes so I just thought I would throw that out there for you. Not to discourage you but to warn you if you catch her in a foul mood that day as I did My first trip there she can be a hand full and insulting.

Hands down I think Tina is the best CSR/SA she ever had but I heard through the vine that she is no longer working there and that's a real shame. She made me feel very comfortable when I went there fully dressed my second trip which was nothing but a very positive experience.

I am also looking to buy my first set of forms, I have a general idea of what I am looking for but for something like this, it's surely best to go in and have them help you figure it out for sure. I am sorry your plans fell through but hopefully thursday will be worth the wait ;)

Kristyn Hill
02-15-2014, 07:22 AM
Thank you, Joanne. I hope I have a great experience. I will have a great experience. I will not let anyone over there ruin it for me. I may just be helping myself but help would be great in this circumstance. I def need help with the forms. My most important goal for this trip is forms!

Rabecca
02-15-2014, 08:39 AM
I would like to go there as well, it would be about 500 mile drive. I hope this summer.
Let us know how it went. Have fun, sounds exciting.

NikkiBeth
02-15-2014, 10:49 AM
With the family away next week, I am trying to fit a visit into my schedule as it has changed, I originally planned for a makeover, photo shoot and have Nikki around full time, not going to happen :(. I might go down and buy a new wig and shoes to cheer myself up :).

bridget thronton
02-15-2014, 11:30 AM
If you can get in before they close they will not rush you out if you are actively purchasing. I would suggest letting them help you with a forms or wig purchase. Schedule a make over and photo session if you want to play with your look perhaps.

Kristyn Hill
02-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Wig & shoes always make us feel better, Nikki. Have fun. Bridget, I plan on going so I can be there between 11-12. I do not want to be rushed to say the least.

RenneB
02-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Ditto to the other comments. Went there twice before I managed to get truly out and about. Felt like a breath of fresh air. Second time, met up with a friend from this site and we both bought a bunch of stuff.... Great place to try on and see which forms feel the best....

Renne......

Annaliese2010
02-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Have fun Kristyn! I've been there a few times. The GG girls there do a great makeover too. They're good. Bought clothes and breastforms there. The clothes they sell are specifically designed for the M2F trans girl. But OMG be prepared. You're gonna drop alotta coin. Expensive! But Janet's really nice. Her's are silicone implants. She's hot.

Flowergirl
02-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Kristen,

Good luck on the $400 budget! My first trip there I was just looking for a wig and breast forms...$500 later I left with about 4-5 wigs, breast forms, pocket bra, makeup, and a strong desire to go back for more. Second time was just after Halloween(they have extended hours in October), I made the 4 hour drive, checked into a hotel, got changed, and decided to wait till after dark to go, only to discover at 5:45 (when I checked the website just before I walked out the hotel door) that they had resumed regular hours. Third time, restricted myself to several more wigs and a pair of thigh high boots...for a mere $300+. Last time I was there it was time to replace my forms and add to my wig collection...I think I made it out of there for around $450.

I am heading up to that area next weekend, and hoping to stop by, but cash is tight, and there is nothing that I really need(other than to go shopping as Miranda), so time will tell if I make it.

Hope that you can get there before they close, but plan on at least an hour or more! It really is a great place to go! And did I mention that they have wigs?

Miranda

GingerLeigh
02-15-2014, 09:27 PM
After reading everyone's replies... huh... Am I the only one who had a less than satisfying experience there? I felt like a wannabe. Staff was helpful, but Janet was not very friendly. Guess I got her on a bad day.

Kristyn Hill
02-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Awesome replies, ladies. I appreciate it very much. Now, I am scared of my $ 400 budget but I really need too stick close. Cannot wait til Thursday. Leaving at 8 a.m. and have a little over a 2 hour drive.

BLUE ORCHID
02-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi Kristyn, That is a trip that I would really love to take someday.
Keep us advised.

~Joanne~
02-16-2014, 02:39 PM
After reading everyone's replies... huh... Am I the only one who had a less than satisfying experience there? I felt like a wannabe. Staff was helpful, but Janet was not very friendly. Guess I got her on a bad day.

No, my very first time there was a complete nightmare. The GG SA was great but Janet her self was a total ______ . She was arguing with someone on the phone about something they had bought online and I guess she didn't shake it off before coming out to see what I was talking to the SA about. Regardless, I left the store without the heels I wanted and my first solo shopping trip for myself was in total ruins.

Ressie
02-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Kristyn, it sounds like you're working close to my area. I'm in Kalamazoo and still haven't made the trip to Janet's. Thursday morning won't work for me, but hope you have a good experience and don't spend too much.

Glenda58
02-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Haven't been to Janet's in years when it was behind the engine repair shop that she owned. And Janet was to nice then. She came out and wanted to know if I was buying something for my husband and what size was he. I just figured she was that because of the repair shop. I go by there all time I might stop in again and see what they have now that it's a bigger store.

Seana Summer
02-16-2014, 09:49 PM
No, my very first time there was a complete nightmare. The GG SA was great but Janet her self was a total ______ . She was arguing with someone on the phone about something they had bought online and I guess she didn't shake it off before coming out to see what I was talking to the SA about. Regardless, I left the store without the heels I wanted and my first solo shopping trip for myself was in total ruins.

I have to agree. The first time I stopped in was not the best experience.:thumbsdn: It was back in the day when her store was small and in the back of the engine shop. Back then I was hoping to buy forms and several pairs of shoes, wound up buying one pair of shoes and leaving without even looking at forms or anything else.

Did not go back for several years. When I finally did go back a young lady named Tina helped me and I had a very different experience.:thumbsup: I felt at total ease and purchased 2 pairs of shoes, a pair of boots and forms! Then ordered 3 more pairs of shoes that were not in stock in my size. I really wish Tina still worked there!! She was just sooooo sweet. I have not met this new girl who works there

Lets us know how your trip goes. I have been thinking about going back and looking for a new pair of boots.

KaceyR
02-16-2014, 10:19 PM
I can't say I've talked to Janet when I've been there...
The first time she looked to be busy with something on the engine-side of the business..
She wasn't the happiest looking then but dunno.
This last time she looked busy but happier... Aside from some cat-chasing that went on :)
I think she just seems to leave the interaction and store running to the SA's more...working in office/engine side.
Unless it's too busy maybe. (Max of 2 customers when I was there.)

Kristyn Hill
02-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I will let everyone know through story and pictures, I promise. I will not be able to keep it in. I love hearing about the experiences each one of you have had. I now know to not seek Janet out but to just deal with whomever is there working. No problem. I just want to SHOP!

samantha rogers
02-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Hmmm, I may need to run in there soon. I used a little black leatherette top and skirt number of theirs at a recent session, along with some black alligator heels I just loved. I guess I better stop after work and grab them before someone else does. :daydreaming:
If you want company I might be able to meet you. My office is only half an hour away.
Regardless, have a great time and tell Bunni I said hi!

Kristyn Hill
02-17-2014, 10:27 AM
I would love some company Ms. Rogers. I have pushed the time back a little but I should be there around 1 - 130 ish. I would absolutely love a veteran to show me around.

samantha rogers
02-17-2014, 10:32 AM
:battingeyelashes:Tee hee, well, except in age I wouldn't call myself a veteran, honey. So many others are soooo much more experiencef than me. But I have been there, and I would love to meet you and help if I can. I should be able to be there around then if I push my lunch back. It'll be fun. Always better to shop with a friend. It will have to be drab for me, but if you like I can show pics from my shoot there.
Ooooh, something to look forward to!
Oh, and call me Sammie, honey!

Kristyn Hill
02-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Ok, Sammie. Please push your lunch back. I will be in drab as well. I would love to see pictures of your shoot. Do you text? If so, I will PM you my number so I can let you know where I am.

samantha rogers
02-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Pm sent, honey!