PDA

View Full Version : Book Cover Critique...

MandyTS
01-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Hello all,

I am working on my book cover ideas to give to the graphic designer who is working on the cover jacket, insides, etc. Here is an idea of what I am going for...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/my58vw/coversmall.jpg

Half male half female walking away from a bathroom. It is just an idea, I was trying to blur out the detail to make it a bit more ambigious...

Ideas?

BTW if this is in the wrong section can you please move it... this is a M/F crossdressing, trans, intersex book BTW!

Mandy

CharleneCD
01-08-2006, 03:42 AM
I like te half and half idea with the bathrooms in the background. I would maybe suggest finding a way to show both bathrooms behind you rather than just the one. Its a bit tongue in cheek but Cute and it make your point.

MandyTS
01-08-2006, 03:50 AM
I was thinking about doing a shot somewhere where the two bathrooms are close to each other and standing between the doors... we will see, ideas!

CharleneCD
01-08-2006, 03:59 AM
Yep we are on the same page. lol Maqke sure to let us all know when it comes out to the stores. Like you are not going to do that anyway.

MandyTS
01-08-2006, 04:09 AM
I guess we are on the same page... :lol:

I like what the photographer in transamerica did for this shot

http://www.transamerica-movie.com/

But with the person looking forward...

Mandy

BTW when the book comes out (about 8 - 9 months I am thinking) I will surly let people know!

Angela Burke
01-08-2006, 05:01 AM
Hi Mandy,
I don't think it's possible to come up with a truly origional book cover.
What I think you should do is a search for book jackets on your subject and then plagarise, ie steal (don't worry it's done in all areas of media and art!) some ideas that appeal to you, that you could present to a graphic designer.
Do you have desktop publishing software?
I have great fun creating imaginary magazines, book jackets, etc.
Good luck with your cover design, and of course much more importantly your transition to becoming physically female.

Love Angela XX

Katrina
01-08-2006, 11:29 AM
I like the two bathrooms idea, but you could also show yourself shopping in a store and heading toward the "mens" section or the "ladies" section...

sherri
01-09-2006, 01:06 PM
As a professional designer, I'd say forget the bathrooms idea. It's been done many times, and the current TransAmerica thing will just make you look like a copycat.