PDA

View Full Version : nails

Annaliese
02-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Just a few minutes ago, helping a student, she ask do you paint your nails, me yes I do, her why, me I want to, her you like them shinny, me yes.
End of conversation, finish helping her with her math

Beverley Sims
02-14-2014, 03:10 PM
End of conversation. :)

Heather-Hill
02-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi Annaliese, I have clear nail varnish on every day, my wife doesn't seem to mind providing I don't let them grow too long!
No one has commented so far but I have caught people staring at my hand gestures, Lol

So I wouldn't take much notice at the students comments.

Hugs Heather

makin' it real
02-15-2014, 12:55 AM
I'm already out to all my students as dual-gendered, so I don't have to worry about that. I do have to be aware of how much Rachel leaks out at another school where I only do research. People do tend to notice shiny nails. Women in particular. Even though the simple back and forth Annaliese described may have ended without going any further, I'll bet the other person's thoughts about it continued and there's no telling what assumptions they made.

Chrissy52
02-15-2014, 03:59 PM
I work every day with nail polish color or clear gel I don't care now what the rest of the world thinks. I like it!

NV Susan
02-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Just a few minutes ago, helping a student, she ask do you paint your nails, me yes I do, her why, me I want to, her you like them shinny, me yes.
End of conversation, finish helping her with her math

Do you keep your nails long? I try, best I can and put on clean polish sometimes.

Eryn
02-15-2014, 04:44 PM
That's the thing, if _we're_ comfortable with ourselves it turns into a non-event. If we hide or deny, it becomes a juicy tidbit of gossip.

I've only been asked a few times about my nails. My response is the truth: I have bitten my nails severely all my life and taking good care of them, including polishing, reminds me not to fall back into that bad habit. Nobody questions a "confessed sinner!"

njcddresser
02-15-2014, 05:11 PM
I've begun to get wear clear polish on my nails. No comments from anyone yet. Of course my toes always have a very pretty color on them

Devi is here
02-15-2014, 05:58 PM
I like clear on mine. But when I dress up I put color on.

MissTee
02-16-2014, 01:15 AM
I use OPI nail envy matte. I posted in another thread where I slipped up and used the shiny instead of the matte (couldn't find my glasses and the bottles looked the same with my limited vision.) A little while later my GG friend spotted it like a hawk and I was interrogated. Shiny nails on a man are like a beacon . . .

juliana
02-23-2014, 10:45 AM
I like nude colors on my finger nails and dark on my toenails.