PDA

View Full Version : Valentine Day Follow-up?

anaissa
02-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Hello ladies,

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Valentines Day. I was wondering if anyone would like to share what they did to celebrate?

I'll start. I had an amazing day of shopping and dress-up. I had a date in the evening and he was taking me to an intimate little restaurant down along the shoreline of Connecticut. I wanted to look my best.

I was going to wear one of my favorite LBDs, but I opted at the last minute to wear this adorable red mini in honor of St. Valentine. O.K. Truth time. I was dying to wear a pair of red, patent leather stilettos that I recently purchased and as usual, I built my look around my shoes.

Anyway, my hair and make-up was done just so and I nervously waited for my date to arrive. He is a dear friend of mine and he couldn't have been a more gracious gentleman last night. Everything he did reinforced my femininity--everything from red roses, to opening my car door, to pulling out my seat at the restaurant, to sweetly asking for a kiss at the end of the evening. It was all heavenly.

From the moment he picked me up to that final kiss goodnight, the night couldn't have been more fun. At the restaurant, the waiter referred to me as a pretty lady and I received several smiles from people who I think were trying to figure me out.

Later, at a small jazz bar, I mingled with all the other people and not once did I detect any gender confusion. I was just me--and everyone was so kind and warm.

When I got home, I undressed but kept my make-up and wig on. I slipped into a satin dressing robe and poured myself a nightcap. The perfect ending to a perfect day.

Thanks for letting me tell you about my Valentine experience. So what's yours?

:battingeyelashes:

Marcelle
02-15-2014, 07:36 AM
Hi Annaissa,

What a great time you must have had and so much validation on your presentation. CONGRATS.

My wife and I went out last year and this year it was a stay at home celebration . . . good food (I cooked), good wine and of course cuddles and movies. However neither my wife and I are "romantic" movie lovers but do love our horror. So in honour of V-Day we watched a litany of movies in which young couples fall in love only to be set upon by horrible demons or demented serial killers. :) :devil:

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
02-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Also a stay at home V-Day for me...

Cooked a nice meal (sea bass with pancetta...), drunk some nice wine (Tuscan and Aussie..), chocolates (yaaay!!), snuggles and a movie (The Rainmaker - a good movie that gets better for watching it again...) off to sleep....zzzzz

... only to have the cat celebrate V-Day by jumping on both me and my wife at 3:30 am !!! I think he was niggled he had no valentine of his own... :)

So nowhere near as exciting as yours, Anaissa - and so nice for you to have a completely successful and romantic evening... :cheer:

I hope you have many more...

Katey x

Barbie Anne
02-15-2014, 08:43 AM
So glad you had what sounds like an enchanting evening.
We had plans for the night but sadly they didn't work out.
A night of Barbie making a nice dinner for my wife then movies, turned in to soup and sandwiches and my nursing my wife through a bout of sinusitis :(
Was going to do a Barbie photo shoot last night for pics to post but the poor dear wasn't up to it.
Again, you had a great night and I'm happy for you :)
Oh well at least I get to throw on my white capris and a matching halter and do the laundry today :)

Jackie7
02-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Valentine's day, one of our favorite holidays. Continuing to snow here in pennsylvania. So we continued with our usual VAlentine custom, we got up for brunch and then went back to bed to roll around together until 3 or so, we are such foolish young lovers, together 12 years and still can't get enough skin-to-skin. Then we dressed to shovel snow for a while, then re-dressed as two fine ladies for dinner at home (short ribs, my darling is a superb cook) and planned an evening of dancing at our local bar. But did I mention we are 68 and 62 years young, we both fell asleep on the sofa watching the Olympics LOL.

bridget thronton
02-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Sadly wife traveling for 4 days. I gave her a heart necklace before she left - she had boxes of dark chocolate and a card waiting for me to find after work at home. Spent the evening in a virtual world class learning to use an animation system.

Beverley Sims
02-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Anaissa,
May your friendship endure and you never forget the magic of the day.

For me the magic is there but it is wearing thin.

Jaylyn
02-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Took my sweetie out for steaks but since we both are on a sucky diet she convinced me we should order the lovers chicken platter ugh. She gave me a steel guitar pick that says I Pick You engraved on it and a pouch that hold it, in the shape of a heart that is supposed to be put on a necklace. I guess I'm going to wear it or she will think I don't care for the gift. I really think the thought is the gift but don't want to take any chances..... By the way I have a guitar pick collection so it will fit right in. Have guitar picks from many of the stars in a jar I need to build a display case for them. We did have a fun time so that also is part of the Valentines gift.

Kristy 56
02-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Lunch with the wife. Alas, no flowers or lingerie for Kristy :). Oh well,my wife had a good day,and I had a good day with her.
Sorry Kristy, maybe next year.

Jorja
02-15-2014, 03:57 PM
I am so glad you had a good experience Anissa. I got left at the restaurant in the middle of dinner. It was not his fault, he really tried. He is a volunteer firefighter and got called just as we were eating. I totally understood the situation. But.... why couldn't people wait 10 minutes at least until we finished eating? That's ok, I expect payment in full tonight. ;)

Stephanie47
02-15-2014, 04:07 PM
An in home Valentine's Day. Frankly, we never go out on holidays to eat. There are always crowds waiting to grab the table. The waitresses want you to eat up fast so another couple can take your place and leave a 18% tip. So, it was in door BBQ of steak, nice salad, baked potato, etc. Of course chocolate from Fannie May out of Chicago- five pounds. We prefer dining when we can leisurely eat and enjoy each other. For you newly married younger married guys life works out better if you treat your wife as if were Valentine's Day every day.

Eryn
02-15-2014, 05:09 PM
We went out to our usual Friday dinner place, which isn't terribly romantic. Anyone in the upscale restaurant business will tell you that the worst days to eat there are Mother's Day and Valentine's Day. Restaurants are hammered with customers and the food and service suffers.

Mimi did buy me a wonderful card which I will share with you:

The sentiment inside reads "We're just way too hot for our own good. Happy Valentine's Day"

Devi is here
02-15-2014, 06:03 PM
We had an awesome evening of shopping and dinner at Red Lobster

Jocelyn Quivers
02-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Both Valentine's Day and the day after were great. Both me and the Mrs. were too tired after work on actual Valentine's Day to do much. Of course I gave her flowers, candy, card on V Day. Also a change from years past I singed the card with my name, in addition to my male one, and of course I later changed to full girl mode being that I had to endure 2 days in complete male mode much to my displeasure. Saturday we did our actual celebration of the day which consisted of me cooking dinner and watching a movie. Of special note and why I feel myself to be the luckiest person in the world our movie was a total "guy" movie action flick and not a romance film which my wife was more than happy to watch as opposed to romance one which would have put me to sleep.

To make the day even more exciting her mother stopped by, which meant us going to a different room to continue watching the movie (still not the time to come out the closet to extended family/in-laws). When all of a sudden we heard her mother coming up the stairs, and we forgot to close the door which meant she would have seen me. So I did an excellent superman dive from the chair to a nice flop/thud on the floor where I was out of view. Which caused my wife to start laughing followed by her mother who asked what was that loud thud she just heard. I also started laughing as well because it was quite funny and my wife also mentioned my hair looked like a mess and my dive completely in 100% girl mode was one of the funniest things she's ever seen. Of special note, I did not get a run in my tights either!!!