PDA

View Full Version : getting older

alicia kaye
02-15-2014, 10:49 AM
I am a 64 yr old ho enjoys crossdressing, latelyi feel more comfortable being with other girls and men my age. A friend of mine who is also a CD and very feminine say that i am gay and just accept it. I don't think a am gay, is there anyone else in my age age bracket feel this way

Alicia

Marcelle
02-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Hi Alicia,

Not quite in your age bracket but in the ballpark. However, if you were gay, I am fairly confident you would know unless you are the master of denial. CDing and being gay do not always go together.

Hugs

Isha

Ezekiel
02-15-2014, 10:56 AM
I don't know if I am understanding you correctly, but what makes you think you are gay?

Are you attracted to men?

If not, then you are not gay. It's quite simple.

rachaelsloane
02-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Alicia,
You're not alone and CD'ing does NOT = GAY. There is a wide spectrum of where one stands with regards to CD'ing, but for me, also 64 and straight, I'm having lots of fun going out and interacting with people.
Rach

Kate Simmons
02-15-2014, 10:57 AM
If you know who you are and are okay with that, the labels are kind of moot really.:)

Sharon B.
02-15-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm not far from you age and just because we enjoy cross-dressing that alone does not make us gay, just tell your friend that you are a cross-dressing lesbian and see what she does.

bridget thronton
02-15-2014, 11:32 AM
If you like spending time with women how does that make you gay (not that there is anything wrong with being gay)?

alicia kaye
02-15-2014, 11:54 AM
i am prefer , being with men my age and other crossdressers, lately i feel uncomfortable being with
women

Alicia

Angie G
02-15-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm 66next month i dress 5+ day a week at home i'm in noway gay. Don't get all bent uot of shape girl. At your age you would know of your gay hun.:hugs:
ANGIE

Linda Leigh
02-15-2014, 12:28 PM
I am older than you by a couple of years and there is noway I am gay but I love to dress up :)

Beverley Sims
02-15-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't think you are gay, just accept that you are not. :)

Ezekiel
02-15-2014, 01:12 PM
i am prefer , being with men my age and other crossdressers, lately i feel uncomfortable being with
women

Alicia

I knew there was something I wasn't understanding correctly.

When you say that you prefer being with men, are you saying sexually? or just as friends?

Please clear this out for us if you would like.

Requal Jo
02-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Our emotions and feelings change with the environmental influences that affect our daily lives. Wanting to be with men maybe just a guilt trip about your CDing and nothing else. From your posts I do not think you are gay.

Jenniferathome
02-15-2014, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=alicia kaye;3438794]... latelyi feel more comfortable being with other girls and men my age. ...

It all depends on what you mean by "being with."

Alice B
02-15-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm a bit older, love to cross dress and am by no means gay. I think that by this time in your life if you were gay you would know it. Being a cross dresser is not an indication of being gay, but to many uninformed individuals the thought occurs. Simply inform your friend that he is wrong and move on and enjoy your dressing.

Stephanie47
02-15-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm mid sixties and have been cross dressing for over fifty years. I use to think I was gay back in 1962 or so because men who wore dresses had to be gay!!! I haven't had a gay thought in my head ever. Sounds like your friend has not reconciled his own behavior yet. Or maybe he's trying to get you in bed with him.

Eryn
02-15-2014, 04:38 PM
People seem to naturally associate with friends of their own age unless there is a good reason to go outside of that age group. We share common experiences that help us communicate with each other and make us feel comfortable.

It's the same thing with immigrant communities, racial communities, and even gender relations. Birds of a feather flock together.

Audrey Sis
02-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Alicia, I read the thread up to now, so I'm going to stick with my usual response to the Title of the thread, which is this:

Aging, it beats the alternative!

Jilmac
02-15-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm five years older than you and enjoy going out with my male and female friends. Those who know me also know that I'm straight so being called gay doesn't even enter the conversation

nvlady
02-15-2014, 09:44 PM
A friend who is also CD, and very feminine? I think he might be trying to talk you into something.

Hell on Heels
02-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Alicia you should be well aware of your sexuality at 64.
Is your CD friend gay, and trying to coax you into switching things up?
Or just having fun messing with your mind?
Only you know the truth, tell your friend how you feel about her accusation.
Much Love,
Kristyn

AKADonna
02-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Being gay is a sexual thing; crossdressing has more to do with gender and is not a sexual thing. My wife thought the same thing until she became educated on the subject. I am heterosexual, 70 years old and I am a crossdresser! Some attribute to the increasing desire to dress in your senior years to the reduction of testosterone as we get older. I feel that such is the case with me since I no longer have hair growing on my arms and legs and I need to shave only about every 5-7 days!

AllieSF
02-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Actually, Alicia, does it really matter? If you are happy and enjoying life who the hell cares what someone else may think. Just enjoy what you have and don't worry about it. I am older than you and as someone in a very old block buster movie once said, "Scarlett, I just don't give a damn."

Sometimes Steffi
02-16-2014, 12:33 AM
I went to a "therapist" who after my first session, told me that I was gay, but there was nothing wrong with being gay.

I thought she was wrong, because I thought it was something I would know by my age. But I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Since I work out 3 to 4 times a week, I decided to run an experiment to see if there was any kind of attraction to other men in the locker room. The answer was "nada", and almost a repulsion. So, I decided the "therapist" was totally wrong. I later saw another therapist and told her this story and she was appalled. She said that she didn't see any gayness in me.

But, this was just my experience. To each his own.

Shari
02-16-2014, 06:56 AM
Alicia, we're the same age and although I do harbor some gay fantasies, I never have been with a man and most likely never will. the reality versus the fantasy are miles apart.
You never mentioned if you were sexually attracted to men, just that you preferred being with them over women.
If you are attracted, go for it, you're not getting any younger.

Lynn Marie
02-16-2014, 08:18 AM
As men, it just seems as if our biggest fear is that we might be gay! So we act as manly as we can simply because we dread being thought of as gay. It's crazy. It's so rediculously simple. If you're sexualy attracted to men then you're gay or at least bi. If women turn you on, then you're straight or bi! LOL, I just thought that was funny. And even if you are gay, so what? It's better than being a crossdressing pervert like me!

MissTee
02-16-2014, 08:33 AM
It's better than being a crossdressing pervert like me!

That was over the top funny, Lynn :heehee:

Alicia, it could simply be you're more comfortable surrounding yourself with people you feel may understand you more.

donnalee
02-16-2014, 09:46 AM
It appears that the proportion of gay to straight crossdressers is the same as the general public; around 10%.
The way to figure it out is this simple:
1. Have you had sex with men?
2. If so, did you enjoy it?
3. If not, do you want to in the future?