PDA

View Full Version : Planning my first time out...

LeahCD2002
02-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Hi...

I am planning my first time out as Leah next weekend and to be honest I am extremely excited but also mortified. So fearful that I will back out at the last minute.

I will be away on business and have set up the opportunity to attend a local support group's outing on Saturday night.

Looking for all tips, ideas, cautions, that you girls can throw my way.

TY,

Leah :doll:

Audrey Sis
02-15-2014, 08:39 PM
As I was going to suggest having a companion (my first times out were with my ex-wife) I think you'll be set. Perhaps you can contact the support group to see if one or two of the girls would come by for you?

LenGray
02-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi! I'm going out on my first excursion as Len next week as well! :)

Just keep telling yourself that you can do this! Sorry, I can't give you much advice but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and I'll definitely be rooting for you! :D

LeahCD2002
02-15-2014, 08:44 PM
Great idea Audrey...thanks so much...and congrats to you Len...will be with you in spirit! Leah :doll:

Adriana Moretti
02-15-2014, 09:27 PM
you are going to have a blast! Dont worry too much, I am sure you have read all the success stories on here, just use common sense....Be sure to tell us how it went too

Beverley Sims
02-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Leah,
It is an important step in your life, like other rites of passage you should do it.
It is always nice to say I have done that. :)

melissakozak
02-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Dress for where you are going. Have fun. Stay confident. In a group, you are read, so get over passing...but most of all, relax and enjoy it.

AKADonna
02-15-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm about to go to a support group weekend in a couple of weeks, too! My main concerns are having enough wardrobe choices for the 4 different events over the weekend, and, of course, my makeup! I am a real rookie at this and plan on spending the whole day at the hotel before the weekend begins perfecting my looks. I figure if it doesn't look good, I'll just wash it all off and start over - until I get it right!

Rachelakld
02-15-2014, 10:42 PM
For us to go out, it takes balls

Smile
look people in the eye as normal
Smile like your having fun
Say Hi

People will either think your enjoying yourself,
on drugs
or crazy
or
all of the above

njcddresser
02-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Hi I did my first time out in December to a support group. It ended up to be much easier than I would have ever envisioned. Everyone was great.

I also did my first trip out to a mall two weeks ago. Likewise, this was also easier than I would have thought and really enjoyed it. Planning to go out again this week.

LeahCD2002
02-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the messages of support girls...seems as if crossing the threshold is the hardest part.

A confident and relaxed approach appears to work best...let's hope it works!

Jenniferathome
02-16-2014, 08:36 PM
There is really nothing to fear. Take solace in the fact that people will know you are a cross dresser and they don't care.

Glenda58
02-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Leah relax you look great act like you belong there everything will work out fine. Just have fun.

Kate Simmons
02-16-2014, 11:27 PM
If you plan well, you will do well. The planning is the hard part. The execution is the fun part. Have a good time Hon.:battingeyelashes::)

Princess Grandpa
02-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Hug. That's awesome. Have fun!

Hug
Rita

anaissa
02-17-2014, 09:02 AM
So proud of you for taking this big step. You've already received some great answers in this thread. All I can add is that you'ready, you're beautiful, and you're loved. Good luck, darlin'. Sending you a great big hug!

Chrissie22
02-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Keep your head held high, and be proud of yourself. You look great and you know it--that's all that matters

LeahCD2002
02-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Girls...

I can feel a cloud of support growing around me...it is so awesome.

Thank you so so much.

MsVal
02-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Don't forget the obligatory trip report upon your return.
Just kidding, but it would be very nice if you did.

Best wishes
MsVal

Marcelle
02-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi Leah,

As many have said, you need to own the moment the minute you leave the hotel room. You are doing nothing wrong, illegal or immoral . . . you are just being you. For the most people won't care and if you do get an odd look it is likely curiosity as not many people will have seen a CDer before. I always like to think that when people read me . . . well I have given them dinner table conversation that night. Most of all have fun and enjoy and you will find the jitters go away.

Hugs

Isha

AKADonna
02-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Just the planning for this weekend event (mine's still 2.5 weeks away!) is incredible. All of the little things that you have to think of to pull off the femme switchover. From the nails, to all of the makeup components, to shoes, hosiery, accessories, purse, jewelry, fem glasses, etc. Then I still have to practice my walking in heels, sitting down while flushing my dress or skirt under me, keeping my hands away from my made up face, etc, etc, etc. I'm just glad that everybody at the support group will have been where I am at some point or another, so I am sure that they will be helpful and not too critical.

Presenting as a female is a lot of work!!!

Lillyasia
02-17-2014, 05:05 PM
I have gone out in skirt, heels, and wig but no makeup. I know people who look straight at me know, but not one person said a word.
People are too busy to care.

RebeccaRachel
02-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Leah you look gorgeous, be proud and have fun.

LeahCD2002
02-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Girls...

Not sure what I would do without you all...such an inspiration and motivation.

And yes, a report will be pleasure to write...giggles.

Tracii G
02-17-2014, 10:49 PM
Hold you head up shoulders back and be proud of who you are.Not many guys would have the guts to do it keep that in mind.
Be yourself and have fun its as easy as that.
Dress to blend or what is proper for the occasion.
Dress like a hooker and most people will think thats what you are and we know you are not.

GenieGirl
02-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Good Luck Leah and to remember to sit with your legs closed. I've been out with many other cross-dressers and it seems like most sit with their legs wide open.

GenieGirl
02-17-2014, 10:57 PM
You hit it right on with your post Tracii

LeahCD2002
02-18-2014, 08:21 PM
All great suggestions girls...

Really struggling over the washroom issue...please share your experiences / ideas.

Thanks again,

BLUE ORCHID
02-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Hi Leah, Good luck and keep us advised.

GenieGirl
02-18-2014, 10:22 PM
I hold my pee when I can. I've only needed to use the restroom in public twice. Once at Outback and another time at a sports bar. Noone cared or stared at me when I went to the Guys room. There where other guys in the bathroom in their 20s like me, they carried on their conversation with each other and didnt care that a girl used the guy restroom....or a guy dresses as a girl (whichever they saw). It can be extremely nervous, I only go when I feel comfortable in a specific environment.