PDA

View Full Version : A purge and a promise.

suzanne
02-16-2014, 02:35 AM
Not exactly what you might think. Today I looked in my closet and noticed that there were a lot of things I have never worn since new. Ugly, tops, ugly skirts, unflattering pants, etc. So I scooped them all up and hauled them off to the nearest donation bin. (It just occurred to me that it's shabby to donate your trash to the needy, but on the other hand, these things might fit and look better on someone else)

That was a pretty big waste of money. Some items still had their sales tags. So I promised myself, no more buying femme clothes just because they fit, as if I'm settling for something. It has to look great on me, and not just good. I have to love it, and my SA has to agree, or it stays in the store. The good news is that I've learned that it's OK to admit there was no luck this time and leave with nothing. Just come back next week.

AND now I have more room in my closet!

Adriana Moretti
02-16-2014, 02:37 AM
out with the old & in with the new....good time to start prepping out that spring wardrobe...i see skirts in your future...and lots of pink, yellows and pretty floral colors!!!!

Stephanie47
02-16-2014, 03:06 AM
Sometimes things just plain get out of hand. The 'pink fog' sets in? We get giddy? We buy more than we could ever wear? I'm guilt. I really do not consider the money since it is not a problem. But, realistically I will never be able to wear the 101 dresses I have in my wardrobe. My last dress came earlier this week and it looks terrific. Back in elementary school teachers usually wrote in my report card that I lacked self control. It must be a lifelong affliction?

Hell on Heels
02-16-2014, 03:19 AM
Suzanne good for you on getting rid of those unworn, poor choices. I have a few of those still on hand,
and have gotten rid of some others already. Sometimes the price is just right and ya think, yeah I can make that work, get it home and it just doesn't. What's a girl to do? Try again of course !
Nothing shabby about donating either, some people really need the help.
Happy shopping!
Much Love,
Kristyn

suzanne
02-16-2014, 03:37 AM
Yes Kristyn, that's exactly how it used to work for me. No more. My favorite SA told me about the 3 second rule: if you don't love it after 3 seconds of looking at yourself in the mirror, forget it. Don't try to sell yourself on it. Even if it's on sale, it won't be worth it. Not an easy lesson to learn, but invaluable.

Lynn Marie
02-16-2014, 08:38 AM
I really think that feminine style is something that develops slowly in us. I also would buy just about anything that fit me when I first started shopping. As time and experience increased I developed a a style of my own. Fairly conservative with just a hint of naughtiness to keep things interesting! I go out with CD girlfriends to mainstream establishments and we all know how to dress with decorum. We also have our favorite clubs where our skirts get a little shorter and our heels a little higher! My girl closet is only 6 feet wide and shares space with my tool chest. Needless to say, everything in my closet gets worn a lot more than just once and anything not worn gets donated.

My point is that my wardrobe has been in a continuous state of improvement for the last 8 years! And I'm still improving.

Barbie Anne
02-16-2014, 08:43 AM
Thank you so much for your donations. If it weren't for ladies like you, some of us would have a heck of a time finding bargains that fit us at the local thrift shop.
Glad you made room hon, I hate a closet full of crap I don't want to wear, but find it hard to part with anything from that part of my life.
And yes I also donate all my old things both male and female to those less fortunate.
Lots of hugs :)

samantha rogers
02-16-2014, 10:49 AM
One thing I learned from my wife...save that receipt. Over the years I have watched her constantly buy bags of clothing and then mercilessly return all or any she finds she doesn't absolutely love. I now make a point of doing the same. If I get something home, try it on a few times and no bells go off, back it goes. lol
Just don't take those tags off till you are sure:)

Lori Kurtz
02-16-2014, 11:06 AM
I like your new philosophy for buying femme clothes, and I think we'd all be wise to apply it more widely than that. There are some things we absolutely need, and for those, we have to spend our hard-earned money. But for things that are optional, why waste a penny on anything we don't love?

Beverley Sims
02-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Suzanne,
A rite of passage for cross-dressing is buying crap that looked good on a hanger.

Eventually you will get your eye correctly in the sights and a tighter purse. :)

Richelle423
02-19-2014, 03:39 PM
I call that a positive purge! When I buy clothes that don't fit or are too old I put them in a bin as well! I "POSITIVE PURGE" all the time!! If it don't fit then donate it!!!!!!!!!!

BLUE ORCHID
02-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Hi Suzanne, That is a good thing one ladies trash is another ladies treasure.
I have to thin out my three closets so I will have room for the new fashions.

Kristy 56
02-19-2014, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't call it exactly a purge. GGs do it all the time. My wife is proof positive. :)

Glenda58
02-19-2014, 09:12 PM
I do the same thing. Things get old or just don't fit right need more room for new cloths or heels. Just donate it to some one who can use it.

Tina B.
02-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm a shopper, I buy things all of the time and never get rid of anything, well a couple of years ago, the wife talked me into digging out everything I had stored all over the house. A lot of it was stuff that was way to small for me, some out of style, others I just didn't really care for. It turned out, with all I had, that I really didn't need, and a good size bag or two of the wives old clothes, she decided we had enough stuff for a sale, we borrowed a room at the local senior center, and had a one day used clothing sale, made almost three hundred dollars, I took my share and invested it back in to women's ware.
But the best part of the day was watching these women fight over articles of mine, not the wife's, seems a lot of those old gals where impressed with my style.
Being it was old ladies, I not sure how good I ought to feel about it, but it was women, and they did like what I had put out there, so I took it as a compliment.
But of course, after two years of shopping, it may be time to do it again.

MissTee
02-20-2014, 11:24 PM
I need to do that kind of purge. My closet runneth over and it's time to pass on the things that have character but lack further appeal . . . .