PDA

View Full Version : Any crossplayers?

Kit
02-16-2014, 06:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone extends their crossdressing into crossplaying? I started off doing that, and then fell in love with looking cute in general :D
Would love to make some friends :)

Laura912
02-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Sorry, too old, so must ask. What is "cross playing?"

Violetgray
02-16-2014, 06:57 PM
People who love to go to conventions dressed in the costumes of their favorite anime and video game characters are called cosplayers (a combination of costume and play.) People who like to dress up as those characters who are of the opposite gender are called crossplayers.

Not that I would know anything about any of this. Nope, that was a DIFFERENT Storm from the X-men at Otakon! ;-)

natcrys
02-16-2014, 07:01 PM
I have been to a few Fantasy Fairs dressed as either a Good Queen or an Evil Queen.. check my Flickr-stream.. ;-)

Would also love to crossplay.. but I wouldn't know where to go in Europe.

Audrey Sis
02-16-2014, 07:02 PM
I haven't, but that's a GREAT idea :D I may be one of the older girls at a con, but I don't care!

Kim81
02-16-2014, 07:03 PM
If I could crossplay, I would either go as Dorothy (wizard of oz) or Snow White. I have even seen a lovely pair of red Mary Jane heels that will work well with both outfits.

Katey888
02-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Actually , I can see Violet as a very convincing storm... :D

It's a nice idea - but video games and anime.... hmmm.... don't really do anime - so video games.... all very male orientated - Lara Croft is just too obvious... not many females in CoD or Far Cry.... got it!

I would be: Elaine Marley - the red-headed Governor of Monkey Island... :) ("I am rubber, you are glue...") What a spunky character she was...

They don't make 'em like that anymore.... <thank goodness...>

Katey x

Anna H
02-16-2014, 07:38 PM
I'd sure like to! That's a Great excuse to be as theatrical as one dares
and wear stuff that's off the charts! heehee!!! :happy::happy::happy:

♥♥♥

celeste26
02-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Its cosplay not cross play

wikipedia tell us :Cosplay (コスプレ kosupure?), short for "costume play", is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Cosplayers often interact to create a subculture centered on role play. A broader use of the term cosplay applies to any costumed role play in venues apart from the stage, regardless of the cultural context.

Favorite sources include manga, anime, comic books, video games, and films. Any entity from the real or virtual world that lends itself to dramatic interpretation may be taken up as a subject. Inanimate objects are given anthropomorphic forms and it is not unusual to see genders switched, with women playing male roles and vice versa. There is also a subset of cosplay culture centered on sex appeal, with cosplayers specifically choosing characters that are known for their attractiveness and/or revealing costumes.

The Internet has enabled many cosplayers to create social networks and websites centered on cosplay activities, while forums allow cosplayers to share stories, photographs, news, and general information. The rapid growth in the number of people cosplaying as a hobby since 1990 has made the phenomenon a significant aspect of popular culture. This is particularly the case in Asia, where cosplay influences Japanese street fashion."

Anna H
02-16-2014, 08:06 PM
There is a variant of cosplay they call crossplay. I've seen it mentioned for a few
years now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossplay

It got my interest the first time I saw it. I could fit in with that! :happy: ♥

Beverley Sims
02-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Now if I was 21 again.

Oh! Beverley, get on with it!.... :)

hazelm
02-16-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm sure I'll try it one day. Looks a lot of fun.

Audrey Sis
02-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Heck, if I was 41 again! lol... But really, if I could come up with the right character, hmmmm. I suppose I could with either Joyce Summers (Buffy's mom, if you don't know) or just look ridiculous and go full on anime - 'cause it would be fun for Me.

KaceyR
02-16-2014, 09:37 PM
I'd thought of doing this sometime... Problem is I don't think I could get away with much due to age. Hard to figure chars to match. Need either young age and good body for 'notable' chars it seems... Otherwise more recent anime chars are just schoolgirl outfitted...(which still needs younger looks).
Was originally thinking of doing my maid at Youmacon.... But didn't. (Maybe Hayate Gotoku's maid form.... :))

I'd love to do a Ulala from Space Channel 5 games if could work the outfit :)

darla_g
02-16-2014, 10:14 PM
no i haven't but if the opportunity presented itself i might. i started a now defunct thread on this before http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?201066-How-to-Crossplay-(Male-to-Female)&highlight=

Princess Grandpa
02-16-2014, 10:55 PM
My son says to me one day, "you're not the only one I know who likes to dress like a woman". "Oh yeah?" I ask. "Do you remember <childhood friends name>? He does cos play. But all his costumes are female".

Hug
Rita

ashley-2501
02-17-2014, 12:02 AM
I went to anime north last year somewhat in a costume .....a resident evil Umbrella corp outfit. But I have never cross played. But I did see a haruhi suzumiya cross player^^

natcrys
02-17-2014, 08:54 AM
I'd like to crossplay as Sheva from Resident Evil.. even though her character was not well liked.. :P

Barbie Anne
02-17-2014, 08:58 AM
This brings to mind a classic cross-player that anybody worth their salt in the anime world has heard of. Sailor Bubba.
This man loves sailor moon but is by no means petite.......however he's a regular at most cons and there's pics of him all over the internet, and they've even made bobble head dolls of him. He enjoys it and is not afraid to show it at all. Just google Sailor Bubba.

Lexi Moralas
02-17-2014, 09:00 AM
I would love the opportunity to cross play as cat woman ! That would be fun !

Barbie Anne
02-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Lexi get out of my head dear :)
Seriously though, I don't know which I'd like more.......Classic Julie Newmar cat woman or Hot Michell Pfeiffer, or Super hot Halle Berry. All those looks have their own charm.

Isa
02-17-2014, 09:15 AM
I went to DragonCon with a buddy of mine in GA. We went as Dethklok, equipped with guitars and portable Marshall belt amps. I personally didn't crossplay but did see many who did. It was really cute, and something I'd do if I were to go again.

Eryka
02-17-2014, 09:32 AM
I haven't yet, but it's on the "to-do" list. No idea which character I'd choose, however. And, since I have no cosplay skills, it would have to be a fairly simple costume. Trying to fit my body type would be hard. In male mode, I've considered cosplaying as Jet Black, from Cowboy Bebop, if that gives you any idea what I'm working with these days, lol.

Milou
02-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Only male characters, which is pretty fun too. Kiryuuin Satsuki or Margeret Moonlight is something I would consider to do in the future (perhaps?).

Cathern Kelly
02-17-2014, 02:45 PM
I would play but I'm afraid I might break a bone or something.

Anna H
02-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Question for those who'd know....

It Is OK to make up a character...right?

Zombie French maid...There's no doing that wrong. No props that get tedious.
No fancy moves to tire me out. No worry about keeping my outfit spotless or
from tearing/ripping.

Big plans in the works! :happy:

suchacutie
02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
No female characters in video games? Hmm....Tales of Symphonia comes to mind!

:)

MayaMe
02-17-2014, 11:21 PM
I would jump at the chance to do crossplay. It looks like a lot of fun and maybe someday I will make it happen.

Jennifer S
02-17-2014, 11:23 PM
I want to be Elizabeth from Bioshock

FemPossible
02-18-2014, 12:32 AM

from tearing/ripping.

Yes, original characters are just fine. In fact, if I ever cosplayed I'd most definitely go with an original character. I think the reason that cartoon and video game characters are often picked is because they're easily recognizable and they fit into playing a "role". But I've seen plenty of originals.

Anna H
02-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Thanks! I wasn't sure, so that makes it all even More attractive! :happy:

Aeslyn
02-18-2014, 12:45 AM
I would be: Elaine Marley - the red-headed Governor of Monkey Island... :) ("I am rubber, you are glue...") What a spunky character she was...

They don't make 'em like that anymore.... <thank goodness...>

Literally Laughing Out Loud. Awesome. No game can beat the Monkey Island series.

As for the thread topic. I have seen crossplay and it definitely looks interesting. I have been looking into possibly one of the Sailor Scout or Sakura costumes cause I am so into those looks. I probably won't look good in it but who cares since I probably wouldn't show anyone anyway. I also love the gothic lolita stuff, so pretty.

Kit
02-18-2014, 01:00 AM

from tearing/ripping.

The nice thing about cons is most people are just there to have fun... I've seen plenty of people use them as an excuse to just let loose and dress wild, so yes, that'd work :)

Martha G
02-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Have heard about Cosplay. Not familiar with it though.

I am heavy into costuming and would like to try this if it ever comes up in my area. Sounds like fun.

Chickhe
02-18-2014, 01:15 PM
From what I have read, crossplay is accepted by most cosplay people. So it is a great way to play around with gender. The great part about it, there is a whole generation that loves to dress up in costume...any time of the year. So, if you can wrap your mind around that, then CDing is not really that unusual in comparison.

MonikaTirola
02-18-2014, 03:49 PM
Cross playing is how I will introduce my daughter to my femme side. Last year she cross played as John from Home stuck at Coneticon. As she was quite a convincing boy I said to her next time I will cross play too.

So I am getting one of the Girls und Panzer outfits together. If that does not work maybe a blue shirt TOS Star Trek female officer.