PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sometimes do this?

Manwithabra
02-18-2014, 12:50 AM
Sometimes I'll look at some girls, whether it be in public or on TV, and I'll just think "I want to be in their position". I want to feel what they're feeling at that exact moment, wear what they are, and experience it for just a fleeting moment. It's just that, there's something alien about it all, and I've gotta know about it. Does anyone else ever get this feeling?

Aeslyn
02-18-2014, 12:58 AM
All the time sweetie.
When ever I see a girl in a skirt or dress with stockings on out and about I wish I could be here, had her legs, and could wear that in public. All the time.

Adriana Moretti
02-18-2014, 01:15 AM
yea,....i think thats part of the reason why we do what we do...what it FEELS like for a girl.......my favorite Madonna quote is......

" Girls can wear jeans..... And cut their hair short.... Wear shirts and boots.... 'Cause it's OK to be a boy.... But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading..... 'Cause you think that being a girl is degrading..... But secretly you'd love to know what it's like....... Wouldn't you ???........... What it feels like for a girl"............showing my age here

Xandra
02-18-2014, 01:22 AM
Often, darling.

Manwithabra
02-18-2014, 01:33 AM
That's a pretty good quote, one I've never heard and one that perfectly describes things.

Barbara Maria
02-18-2014, 01:36 AM
Quite often.It seems more lately than ever

Manwithabra
02-18-2014, 02:01 AM
See, that's the thing. It's been happening to me quite a lot recently. I just wish I could fully understand my mental processes when it comes to CD.

Diane Smith
02-18-2014, 02:32 AM
I like to turn this feeling inside out. When I see a woman wearing a skirt, or high heels, or heavy earrings, or anything else distinctly feminine, I can look at her and honestly say to myself, "I've done that and I know what she's feeling and experiencing right now, and isn't it a darned shame that most other guys will never understand it or share that connection with her." Rather than a sense of longing, it becomes a way to enhance my pride as a CD and feel more a member of the feminine sorority.

- Diane

Tracii G
02-18-2014, 02:32 AM
Happens to me on a daily basis call it jealousy if you wish.
I know how I feel on the inside and it hurts that I'm not that way on the outside.
I can deal with that feeling and push it to the back of my mind but the jealousy is still there.
I guess thats why I dress more on the girly side when I'm in guy mode.Helps me deal with the feelings.I do find that women pick up on it and treat me a bit differently than they would if I were dressed in more male attire.Kind of a look that says hey its OK to dress the way you want and I like that look.
I find women are generally very accepting about the way I dress and even compliment me on what I have on.I like that too.
In a way its like them saying hi sister.

anaissa
02-18-2014, 02:49 AM
Not sometimes but always, darlin'.

Adriana Moretti
02-18-2014, 02:49 AM
i can look at her and honestly say to myself, "i've done that and i know what she's feeling and experiencing right now, and isn't it a darned shame that most other guys will never understand it or share that connection with her." rather than a sense of longing, it becomes a way to enhance my pride as a cd and feel more a member of the feminine sorority.

- diane
yes!!!!!!!! So true

trisha kobichenko
02-18-2014, 02:58 AM
Oh yeah!!!
Every day I go to work and see coworkers dressed to the nines and wish I could be too. Unfortunately I have to stay in DRAB while they have all the fun...at least until I can get home and to my closet. :)

Beverley Sims
02-18-2014, 03:24 AM
Aaaaaalllllllll the time.:)

natcrys
02-18-2014, 07:17 AM
All the time.. every time I'm in boy-mode.. and I see a gorgeously dressed girl/woman doing anything.. I'd wanna switch positions. I don't want to be her per se.. but I do want to be dressed like that.. and experience how she's shopping, giving a speech, leading a team, etc.

I think I have this more with women who exude confidence and show that in their dressing.

A bit of jealousy is harmless, right? ;)

stephNE
02-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Oh yes, all the time. This past weekend, my wife and I were at the beach and she pointed out a very attractive young lady and said she wished she looked like that. I said, yes, I wish I looked like that too.

Kate Simmons
02-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Sometimes but after awhile I figure if I want to do something, I give it my best shot. In the course of my life dressing I have had a lot of those actual experiences. It's mostly about who we are, not what we are though. That is what makes us a refreshing individual. ;):)

Karren H
02-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Not really... I've worn those clothes out there and I'm assuming the feeling is the same..... maybe their more comfortable than I am because the clothes fit their bodies way better than mine!

BLUE ORCHID
02-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Hi MWAB, When I see a lady that really looks fantastic I will make a mental note
and that Evening I will go through my three closets and try to copy the look as best as I can.
I find it really enjoyable to be able to copy a look.

Barbie Anne
02-18-2014, 08:31 AM
" Girls can wear jeans..... And cut their hair short.... Wear shirts and boots.... 'Cause it's OK to be a boy.... But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading..... 'Cause you think that being a girl is degrading..... But secretly you'd love to know what it's like....... Wouldn't you ???........... What it feels like for a girl"............showing my age here

Great quote Adriana, seems to me that was from the days of "Smells like teen spirit".
And yes the green eyed monster strikes me constantly whilst watching a gaggle of teenaged girls walking through a store together or Seeing a classy, well dressed lady getting into her cute little sports car.......list goes on. Great thread.

Kate's at home
02-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Yes, all too frequently...

And I often wonder it's being taken for granted...

Kate

Lexi Moralas
02-18-2014, 09:12 AM
All the time

Katie Russell
02-18-2014, 09:22 AM
I do. And I also agree with Diane. Sometime I think 'I know how that feels' and wonder if other men don't know what they're missing out on.

Katie

BillieJoEllen
02-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Like Karen I know what its like to wear the clothes 'out there'. What I would like to know is what would it be like to wear the clothes 'out there' while actually being a woman. As someone deep in the closet there is so much I still must hide when trying to show the world that I am really a woman. Men certainly don't hit on me and when most people see me I believe they know whats really going on.

Ivy Lee
02-18-2014, 11:31 AM
all the time, i see women in situations or on tv and i just wish i could be her and have those experiences

Debra Russell
02-18-2014, 12:44 PM
The grass is always greener ..... and I would love to experience the other side - always envious and admiring......................Debra

RebeccaRachel
02-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Dear Manwithabra, all the time...

Amanda M
02-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, however, think a moment. I'm going to stick my neck out a bit, and use the "we" pronoun. We look at well-groomed ladies, startlingly pretty teenagers, "Ooomph" career girls and we say " I wish". I wonder if "we" are in love with the image. How well do "We" identify with the poorer girl, maybe a bit overtweight, wandering around Walmart looking for a bargain.

I know I do it! Helen Mirren, on a good day? I WANT some of that! But Ol' Missy in the veg aisle in Walmart - wait a minute! She is a woman - but do I want her experience, her feelings, her life? Hell, no!

Are we in love with the dream?

JeanVigo1905
02-18-2014, 02:13 PM
I went shopping with my wife yesterday, looking for clothes for her. As I browsed through the skirts and stockings, touching the fabrics as I went, I wanted to buy them for myself. Go into the changing room and try them on. Wear those clothes openly, and honestly, whenever I wanted.

Jaymees22
02-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Hi MWAB, When I see a lady that really looks fantastic I will make a mental note
and that Evening I will go through my three closets and try to copy the look as best as I can.
I find it really enjoyable to be able to copy a look.
Wow, I do this all the time, in fact I'm wearing an outfit right now that I saw a nice looking lady wearing at Starbucks the other day. I'm not as curvy as her but other wise I think I have my own interpertation of what she was wearing and I feel great. I don't know if I feel like she does or not but it's fun to try. Jaymee

teri g
02-18-2014, 04:22 PM
I'm with you Amanda. I can't speak from a place of deep experience but I think that there's the fantasy and there's the reality. Amongst the few times that I've been out, I have had the experience of being "checked out" and even whistled at. Flattering as it is, imagine living a life like that, constantly being judged on a sex appeal basis. Not only do you have to have heightened safety concerns but how must it feel to be viewed as a sex object? Yes, we're all aware of the power an attractive woman can yield over men but when business gets serious, we also know that beautiful women aren't taken seriously. My close friend's ex was a very beautiful, petite, large-chested woman that I firmly believe had her head all screwed up by the way society viewed and treated her. I don't know, for me it's a mixed bag.

Christen
02-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Pretty much all the time, I remember doing exactly this when I was really young, under 8. Wanting to be her is what we do, me anyway.

Christen x

Jorja
02-18-2014, 05:17 PM
I wanted/needed it so much I just became a girl. Funny, now when I see a guy I never want to be him or in his situation.

kristalcarlisle33
02-18-2014, 10:54 PM
wow - so many really wonderful comments in this thread. I can relate to so many of them ....especially the idea that turns the question from one of jealousy, envy, and idealization of what it is to be a woman to one of empathy and respect.

kristal

NathalieX66
02-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Short answer is......Yep! I do. :ms:

Algoma
02-18-2014, 11:17 PM
I like to turn this feeling inside out. When I see a woman wearing a skirt, or high heels, or heavy earrings, or anything else distinctly feminine, I can look at her and honestly say to myself, "I've done that and I know what she's feeling and experiencing right now, and isn't it a darned shame that most other guys will never understand it or share that connection with her." Rather than a sense of longing, it becomes a way to enhance my pride as a CD and feel more a member of the feminine sorority.

- Diane

Take this again, Diane I could agree more.

FemPossible
02-19-2014, 03:08 AM
All the time actually. Sometimes if I'm around someone I'll slip up and say "that dress is cute" or "I like her outfit" but then I have to quickly say something like "on her" or "for a woman... I mean". I then imagine myself wearing her clothes and almost always mentally alter it to suit me a bit better.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-19-2014, 05:27 AM
Yes, it adds a lot of fuel to the already hot fire that lights up my girl side. Amanda is also very correct at least with my wanna be female goals. In male mode though it's still the same thing I still aspire to look like the GQ/Men's Health model and not "that guy who's in his 30's-40's using a mobility scooter with a basket full of pastries, potato chips, candy, and soda" while at a certain large retail chain. As shallow as that sounds!!!

Lynn Marie
02-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Younger women than me have periods. Women my age have hot flashes. Women older than me seem to suffer from bone loss and other ailments. Just about all women fight weight gain all the time. I'm really happy being a relatively healthy boy!

Daisy41
02-19-2014, 09:55 AM
I honestly don't really want to be in anybody else's position. I sometimes think we glorify being a woman because we soley focus on they can look like women without ridicule, but there's a lot more that comes with it. A woman dressing nicely isn't in some constant state of high from being dressed the way she is - it's normal every day wear to her. That said, I do take note of looks that I like and wonder what parts I can make my own. It's fun to fantasize, but constantly chasing another woman's style/position can lead to disappointment and longing for something. Find parts you like it make your own, create your own position that others would want to be in :)

Teresa
02-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Hi Manwithabra,
I just say "Oh how I wish", but women do it all the time, look how they copy a look and magazines give a run down on how to achieve it at half the price, so blame the feeling on your feminine side. I have to go along with Diane's comment aren't we lucky we can go there.

franlee
02-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Many times if they are dressed in a way that I like or for a purpose I would enjoy standing in for. And on some rare occasions to make myself wear something I normally wouldn't but fits their reasons well. It's a happy illusion I run in my mind quite often.

Dawn Gurl
02-19-2014, 05:35 PM
All the time....

MsVal
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
[...]It's mostly about who we are, not what we are though.[...]

Perception is reality.

Best wishes
MsVal

Kristy 56
02-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Way,way too often. Started when I was a kid. I'd envy the girls in their Girl Scout uniforms, cheerleader outfits, etc,and it continues today.I live by the beach and always come home depressed. So many gorgeous GGs,and I want to be just like them. :)

Nadina
02-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Dear Manwithabra, all the time...

Pretty much this.

sometimes_miss
02-20-2014, 02:26 PM
I like to turn this feeling inside out. When I see a woman wearing a skirt, or high heels, or heavy earrings, or anything else distinctly feminine, I can look at her and honestly say to myself, "I've done that and I know what she's feeling and experiencing right now, and isn't it a darned shame that most other guys will never understand it or share that connection with her." Rather than a sense of longing, it becomes a way to enhance my pride as a CD and feel more a member of the feminine sorority. - Diane
See, this is the thing where most of us get it so way, way wrong. NONE of us really know what it's like to be a woman. We think we know, but we don't. We like to believe we know what it's like to be a woman, it's one of the most common things about us that drives us to crossdress, and/or want to be a woman. But we don't really know, because a woman thinks and perceives the world differently that we do. And yes, it's genetic and hormonal. We, for the most part, will never 'get it'. Just ask the women. Genetic, phenotype women, not males masquerading as women that call themselves women. Not sure? Just think back to when you're SO did something that you thought was completely nuts, but made perfect sense to her.

Brenda456
02-20-2014, 06:09 PM
I do as we'll. And, I wonder what it would be like. . .

melissakozak
02-20-2014, 07:06 PM
I get it less now that I go out and get to feel it for real. It isn't always it is cracked up to be, trust me. Some parts of being a woman, socially, are just downright painful, but I get your point.

Bima
02-22-2014, 06:45 AM
When it comes to a fantasy, I feel that too, but only when I see women who is both very beautiful and very well-dressed. It all lies in the look, style, character, situation, charisma to act as a trigger.

However, even when it comes to it as a fantasy, I wouldn't like to be in the position of perhaps 95-99% of the women I see. Basically, she need a look and style that turn me on a bit. For me CDing is more of a kind of substitute or consequence of such fantasy.

When it comes to reality, it is of course impossible. However even if it was possible in reality, I wouldn't like to give up being me.

The best thing with it as a fantasy, in contrast to it as a reality, is that you can alter in which position you are from moment to moment :-)

/Bima

Marcelle
02-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Yup been there. I had a bit of an epiphany some time ago which lead me break in my therapy in which I realized I was squarely TG/CD not TG/TS. I saw a woman at the gas bar while I was filling up my car. She was wearing a pretty dress, coat, scarf and boots. She just looked so lovely and carefree that I thought, I want to be her. When I talked to my therapist she said did you want to be her as in being a woman or just have the ability to dress like her. It was then I realized it was about the dressing, presenting and just doing things en femme and not transitioning.

Hugs

Isha

juliana
02-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Very often

Ms. Jennifer
02-23-2014, 10:42 AM
all the time! women are beautiful creatures to look at. i learn alot about style, movements and mannerisms by watching them. you are not alone in thinking like you do ... :)

flatlander_48
02-23-2014, 11:17 AM
While I may admire a particular outfit I see someone wearing, I don't think I wish for their set of experiences and feelings. Many people still feel that women are "less than". While things have changed a lot in the last 30 or 40 years, we are not there yet. There is a reason why sexual discrimination and sexual harassment statutes are still on the books: because it still happens.

Mary Lou
02-23-2014, 05:02 PM
I feel the same way..

katherin28
02-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Yes, especially when it is a woman who is well put together with a nice skirt and blouse.

Glenda58
02-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Every time I see my daughter-in-law she could have been a model a girly girl.

DorothyElizabeth
02-24-2014, 12:36 AM
I have often thought in the best possible world, we'd all spend from age 22 to 28 truly being the opposite sex, before we had to choose which to be for the rest of our life. And I don't mean just dressing as the opposite sex, but actually BEING the opposite sex, with all the attitudes, feelings, and physiological trappings that go with it. Just think how much better we'd all understand each other if we had that experience. And I wonder how many of us (be we genetic male or female) would choose to remain the opposite from what we had grown up as. I know that, having lived a life as a male, if I had the chance to go back, I'd love to have the chance to be a female for a second lifetime (but I'd want to retain the memories of having been a male, too, so that I could compare them).

trisha kobichenko
02-24-2014, 01:29 AM
At work...all the time! I see hot outfits and am incredibly jealous I can't wear them to the job.:sad:

kristalcarlisle33
02-25-2014, 10:43 AM
This is such a great conversation!

The thing that comes to mind in reading these wonderful perspectives is that maybe there's a difference between the ideal of the Feminine - which we are all aspiring to be - expressing our femininity
compared to the reality of living life as a woman which has a lot of harsh realities that I often forget when I see a GG and think - wow! I wish I could be her!
Krista

Angie G
02-25-2014, 11:03 AM
Oh yes I'd love to maybe for a day.:hugs:
Angie

AndreaSCd
02-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Sometimes I'll look at some girls, whether it be in public or on TV, and I'll just think "I want to be in their position". I want to feel what they're feeling at that exact moment, wear what they are, and experience it for just a fleeting moment. It's just that, there's something alien about it all, and I've gotta know about it. Does anyone else ever get this feeling?

I do that all the time...more so when girls/women are with their friends. I want to be part of that girl group. Probably why I get along with women better then men.

Connie D50
02-25-2014, 11:52 AM
I do all the time I just went thru the people Mag with all the award pictures stars in there dresses. went one by one saying love it want to be in it and that body. Connie

DDee
02-25-2014, 11:58 AM
Happens to me all the time

stephanie203
02-25-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm not going to show my age but my "interests" and dysphoria goes back a while and I've been living with it and dealing with it long, long before we had the internet and the wealth of immediate information we have now and had to confusingly exist in a solitary world of shame knowing there was nobody to talk to about this.
This made that period when female relatives, female friends and the girls at school we're coming of age where they were allowed to begin wearing makeup, pantyhose and high heels. This made going to school, family events, parties etc. difficult. Seeing all those other girls dressed like that and enjoying being together while I wasn't, wasn't welcome and sure as hell couldn't dress like that without shame and ridicule was painful and probably greatly contributed to me being as introverted as I am.
This got even more painful as my friends dated really good looking girls, some of who dressed exactly like I would have and I didn't realize it at the time but instead of searching for girls I wanted to be with, I was unknowingly searching for girls I wanted to be like, vicariously living through them.
All or most of this I assume could have been avoided if I'd only been born female and I say this because my own sister was one of those I'd look at with envy. Envy of some of the things in her closet, envy of the things she was allowed to do etc so if she was doing all that then as her sister I guess I would have been as well.
Well that sure felt good to get out after all these years keeping it in. What a great thread.

Steffani
02-25-2014, 12:50 PM
All the time especially when I see a girl wearing a very sexy dress and heels. I want to know what she is feeling being dressed sexy. I also wonder why women don't dress sexy all the time because I know I would if I could.

TessInJxn
02-25-2014, 03:20 PM

Yes, of course. I have that feeling all the time . . . except it isn't very fleeting. I often desire to be dressed as, look like, and just be the women I see on TV, movies, or in a restaurant. To be able to just walk into a bar or restaurant in my heels and skirt and flowing hair and just be seen and treated as a woman. That is my desire pretty constantly.

Michaelasfun
02-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Yes, especially if they're on TV after having won the lottery, then I REALLY want to be in their position ;)

Taylor Ray
02-25-2014, 07:53 PM
yes. yes. yes.

Emma500
02-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Absolutely, would love to have some idea of what it it feels like to actually be a woman!

Stephanie Morgan
02-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Yes! Every day.

PamelaMiller
03-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Yes, frequently. Especially the part about wearing their clothes and being beautiful!