PDA

View Full Version : Making Pretend, or Rediscovering Your Inner Girl

windycissy
02-18-2014, 12:57 PM
There have been some very heavy, profound threads of late on why we dress - all very thought provoking, each with grains of the essential truth. A much lighter explanation occurred to me today: crossdressing lets us make pretend, like we did as children, escaping who we are for a little while by becoming a different person, and for us add the excitement of discovering what it's like for girls, like way back when I snuck into my sister's closet and tried on her clothes - wow, so this is what it feels like to be a girl!

Hell on Heels
02-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Hi Windy I'm sure there may be a bit of that going on, but I'm not that 8 year old kid anymore.
There are plenty of other personas I could choose from today to become a different person, many, if not all,
would be much more socially accepted. Not that I'm searching for an answer, but why would I choose CD'ing
over any of the others? I think there's much more to it, more than I'll ever come to understand. Honestly, it really doesn't matter to me anymore, I'm more focused on making it fit into my life.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Lexi Moralas
02-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Windy , your words ring true in my ears , well said girl

Annaliese
02-18-2014, 02:37 PM
I think it starts out that way, but now I am pretending to be a man most the day. Except it not as much fun.

Jaymees22
02-18-2014, 02:47 PM
I enjoy being a girl, more than being a boy but being a boy isn't that bad either. I really think that we are so lucky to be among the chosen few that can make themselves feel so much better by just changing our clothes. Jaymee

Katey888
02-18-2014, 03:49 PM
Windy, I agree with your straightforward summation - escapism and the excitement of being different...

Kristyn makes a good point that we could probably all find something a little less extraordinary to do with our time if something innate wasn't driving us to this, but few other 'hobbies' allow you to shift your personality into another gender.

And Katey has few responsibilities: no taxes, no mortgage, a few shopping bills to pay - that last part of it is the reality part!

I suspect the lighter explanation is still too light to even be a very convincing two minute elevator pitch, however... :thinking:

Katey x

Anna H
02-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Another Great thing is we'll never run out of options! There's Always something
new to try! Spring shopping coming up! :happy:

(spring shopping as a guy...5 minutes. Same stuff as summer, fall and winter)

:happy:

carhill2mn
02-18-2014, 05:38 PM
I like your simpler explanation. It is fun to pretend. I pretend to be a woman most of the time.

Aeslyn
02-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Another Great thing is we'll never run out of options! There's Always something
new to try! Spring shopping coming up! :happy:

(spring shopping as a guy...5 minutes. Same stuff as summer, fall and winter)

:happy:

What an interesting mention of shopping. Not till just now did I realize that the single largest difference between my male and female self is a love of shopping. Male me absolutely detests it while Aeslyn can't get enough. In fact, only a year ago did I find a way to actually get my weekly grocery shopping done without having a nightmare inducing experience... underdressing.

I also like this make-believe idea. Escapism is as good as an explanation as any I think and one thing I have found over the years through talking with other CD and trans people online is that they tend to have very healthy and fun imaginations.
I wanna go pway pwincess now, k :)

CynthiaD
02-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Yes, but I've been pretending to be male most my life. It's the girl who's the real me.

Barbie Anne
02-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Thank you Cynthia I feel exactly the same.

Beverley Sims
02-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Out there is a world of pretence, the only reality is Disneyland, $110 a day. :)

Barbie Anne
02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
I think there's a little princess inside of all of us honestly. Including most gg's.
And I see nothing wrong with that :)

Tina B.
02-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Windy, it sounds good, but I've a question, I did a lot of role playing as child, but as I grew up, I gave up the cowboy guns, fireman's hat, Baseball uniform. Army fatigues and all of the other costumes I wore as a child. So why is it, the only one that still has a place in my life, is cross dressing? Giving up all of the other things was easy, only the dressing seems impossible to give up, how does that fit you idea that it's just for fun (pretend)?

docrobbysherry
02-19-2014, 01:57 AM
For many of us who r not TS, u r quite correct, Windy!

It's become very clear to me the last couple of years that I am not. So, if I'm going to play dress up and pretend to be someone I'm not?

I mite as well pull out all the stops and go for the gold! For me, that just makes it more fun.

trisha kobichenko
02-19-2014, 01:58 AM
I can relate, but am still searching for some serious, maybe not heavy or profound, rationale for why I feel the way I feel, and other folks feel the way they do. I often wonder what it is like to be thoroughly male, or thoroughly female...since I am somewhere between the two on the spectrum.

windycissy
02-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Windy, it sounds good, but I've a question, I did a lot of role playing as child, but as I grew up, I gave up the cowboy guns, fireman's hat, Baseball uniform. Army fatigues and all of the other costumes I wore as a child. So why is it, the only one that still has a place in my life, is cross dressing? Giving up all of the other things was easy, only the dressing seems impossible to give up, how does that fit you idea that it's just for fun (pretend)?

Good question! There's something about the rush of crossing the gender frontier that keeps me coming back for more....

traci_k
02-19-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm with you Cynthia, it's male I'm pretending just 'cause I was born looking like one. But that can be fixed!

Hugs,

BLUE ORCHID
02-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Hi Cissy, It's just who I am, & It's just what I do.

NewAmanda
03-08-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm going to borrow your line. Very powerful