PDA

View Full Version : Going to have my own place for a few months in a different city due to work

sexyjean88
02-18-2014, 10:08 PM
How much of my clothes should I bring?

I was thinking since its warm down there, I'll be just wearing my bathing suits and heels all day after work. :)

Barbie Anne
02-18-2014, 10:13 PM
Wait a second. You say you'll have a place to yourself and ask how much of your clothes you should bring?
ALL OF THEM. lol know telling what mood will strike you hon.

Taylor Ray
02-18-2014, 10:14 PM
months?

OMG! Bring everything!! And also maybe a "clothing budget" in case you have an obsession for shopping!

Aeslyn
02-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Completely agree, oh yes, all of it. Last thing you want is to be longing for what you left behind. On the other hand... if you don't bring everything that will mean a shopping trip of dozens.

Beverley Sims
02-18-2014, 10:26 PM
You take all your clothes and sort them out when you get there.

It get's cold down south as well. :)

Enjoy your new digs.

MissTee
02-19-2014, 12:19 AM
I am living that same situation now. Have a full wardrobe at the away home. Best part is I've decorated the away home as Misty would -- in as much pink as I can find. Girly bed linens, frilly pillow cases, pink towels and a sweet girly theme in the bathroom; pink burner covers in the kitchen, along with a darling pink apron collection . . . . You'll love how it works out!

Tina B.
02-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Well for me all of it would require a large truck, just take as much as you can, guaranteed the pieces you leave behind will be what you want most.

Algoma
02-19-2014, 12:54 AM
I agree bring everything. I had the same oppertunity a couple years ago. It was great. Got home every night slipped into a long fishnet dress, 6" mules, long hair wig and practiced my make up skills. I was in heaven. Had not gotten up the nerve to go out then. But got very good at walking in heels and putting together outfits.

Adriana Moretti
02-19-2014, 01:46 AM
bring it all !!!!!! and be sure to invite me over for movie night...

Amari
02-19-2014, 06:46 AM
I'm currently in the same situation. I'm in another state 500km from home. I have an apartment on my own and look forward each day after work to dressing how I please and as Algoma said, "practice my makeup skills".
It's great having the freedom to shop in a city where I'm unknown.

At home I keep all my clothes, shoes, accessories and makeup in two large black lockable plastic crates. It's fun being able to unpack everything and arrange in the draws, shelves and hanging space. For the first time I can see all my stuff without having to rummage through the crates. With the crates very full (shoes are space hungry!) I'm having a cull, but it's sooo hard to decide what to keep and what goes, but as I want to shop the cull must happen!

On top of my evening fun, the work is interesting and well paid, but I do miss my wife. I'm going home next weekend for her birthday. I'd love to buy her girly presents but she is not a girly girl and says she already has too many clothes.

All in all, it's a fantastic time, good for my career and good for my girl side.

Hugs
Amari

Kate Simmons
02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
I guess it would mostly depend on what you want to do and like to do. :)

Dana_Drake
02-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Take everything and prepare to return home with twice as many clothes as you took!

CarlaWestin
02-19-2014, 08:19 AM
One outfit for work and everything else for playtime.

BLUE ORCHID
02-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Hi Jean, I think that you already know the answer, Bring it all.

traci_k
02-19-2014, 09:23 AM
How can you even ask such a question - as everyone pretty much agrees - ALL!

Hugs and have fun.