PDA

View Full Version : drab and heels

dressyjessy
02-20-2014, 04:17 PM
So I went on a quick shoe shopping trip during my lunch to a nearby Payless. I found a really cute pair of black wedges for $10. I couldn't pass them up. I'm thinking about running an errand or two on my way home tonight. I would be my first time doing something like this other than the two times I have gone out fully dressed. I'm wearing business casual male.attire. The shoes I just bought are a ballet type with two cute silver buckels and a 2 1/2" black wedge. Do you think they will be too femme with the silver buckels? They are jus so darn cute I want to wear them out.

AngieStone
02-20-2014, 04:33 PM
I know what you mean. I have bought shoes before in male mode and have wanted to wear them out of the store because they were so cute.

Lillyasia
02-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Just wear them out and look people in the eye. They will be looking back at you and not down at your shoes. Confidence!

Laura912
02-20-2014, 05:58 PM
You will out yourself but if that is not problem, have fun.

Katey888
02-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Someone told me years ago, the quickest way to assess the character of a man is to ignore clothing above the ankle - that's all too variable and relatively easy. If you really want to know the cut of a fellows jib, well check out his shoes! :eek:

I guess, Jessy, you'll be proving that one right... :D

Katey x

stephNE
02-20-2014, 06:09 PM
A year or so ago, I went to a payless and was looking at women's shoes. A young sales lady came over and said "Do you know those are women's shoes?" I said "Yes, I'm looking for something fairly flat and comfortable." About that time I picked up a pair and sat down to try them on. So she asked if I needed a pair of footies. I told her no, I had on hose, she looked at my feet, had a sort of wide eyed look, turned and left. I guess I gave her something to talk about with her friends.

Beverley Sims
02-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Oh! You are coming out, now!
Are you ready. :)

BLUE ORCHID
02-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Hi Jessy, I've had a SA tell me as I was walking towards the ladies section that the mens shoes are on the other side of the store,
I said Oh that's ok I have enough mens shoes already, the look was priceless.

dressyjessy
02-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Ok, I did it. Went to Wallgreens, Meijer (a large super market) and a 2nd hand store and bought a cute pair of boot cut jeans. It was wonderful hearing the clip clop of the shoes. I'm off work tomorrow and i just might have to wear them again. Loved it!

heatherdress
02-20-2014, 11:27 PM
I wear women's shoes frequently to prevent feeling drab drab. I have a few pair of longer boot cut men's jeans and some women's boot cut jeans. I wear 2 and 3 inch heels. Round or almond shaped toes - boots and lace up pumps. Stacked heels. Feel great. Fun to wear. I wear them just about anywhere I go - shopping, movies, restaurants, mall. No one notices or cares.

Rachel M
02-21-2014, 12:23 AM
One day driving home from a work trip i stopped off at a discount clothing store. I found a very cute pair of strappy wedges i just had to have. I get to the car and immediately put them on for the drive home. I was dressed drab business casual. As i start to drive off i notice I need gas. So I gassed up in the heels. Well, the pump was out of receipt paper. I took the walk to the cashier to get a receipt. This young adult mechanic started grinning ear to ear as he noticed my shoes. I just strutted my stuff as if nothing was wrong.

TxCassie
02-21-2014, 01:18 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I decided to attend my local TG Support group. I wanted to dress, but since I don't yet present 'en femme' in public, I usually under-dress as much as possible and finish the job once I get to the meeting site. Well, this time, I was feeling a bit bold, I knew the sun would be already set and nighttime pretty much enveloped. So, I decided to wear my breast forms and a pair of ankle boots I brought recently. My drab jeans would be long enough to deter any notice. I figure with a bra, camisole, drab tee shirt, a thick sweater, and a heavy "Cowboy's team jacket, my forms would be safely tucked from view

In addition, I went ahead and applied all my makeup sans my lipstick.

So, out I go, semi-Cassie, but feeling so excited.

Since my apt. house does not have a garage (inner-city traffic prevents us from using our garage), I usually park a block away, around the corner, so I do have to make a short trek down the street, but I never really ever run into anyone, especially at nighttime and with the temperature dropping like a rock.

Lo and behold, I walk down my back staircase, get to the side walk, feeling absolutely fabulous, when what happens, a truck which I do not recognize, slows to a stop and then begins to back up the drive of the apt. house across the street with high-beams, blaring towards my sidewalk. I stopped cold. stood there for about a minute, then told myself, "Girl,, just walk!" So, I started strutting my stuff in my 2 inch ankle boots, and right into the high beams, crossed the light and continued down the street.

The world did not come to an end, and I haven't heard from the neighbor at all. Chances are that he was looking back to the drive or looking into his rear view mirror as he was backing up and never once saw my pretty ankle boots or the that sassy hip swaying I love to do.

Oh well, en drab with heels... a gal gotta get going, you know.

Cassie :love:

I Am Paula
02-21-2014, 10:11 AM
I was talking to a very handsome, well groomed, young man in an expensive suit, pressed shirt, and nice tie. I glanced down and noticed he was wearing black pumps and hose. He looked fantastic. It was a well thought out outfit, and didn't look at all out of place. Blurring gender lines isn't for everybody, but can make a nice statement.

Tina_gm
02-21-2014, 09:32 PM
people are likely to notice but may not say anything. What are they going to say that is not awkward? although some may occasionally say something anyway? Many simply will not care, but will still notice. Why? because you will stand out at some point. blend for the most part yes, but anyone close with any observation WILL notice. I am not attempting to persuade anyone from doing otherwise.... but to think people do not notice is just fantasy. Most won't know what to say or care what to say, but most when close will notice.

TxCassie
02-21-2014, 09:36 PM
What could anyone really say that isn't as awkward as they might feel, lol. So, before they can formulate a comment or question, the moment is past and there's really no point. Is it.

Cassie :love:

CynthiaD
02-21-2014, 10:32 PM
I wear open-toed flats in male mode quite often and have never had a comment. I've never tried high heels though.

suitgirlt
02-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Good for you Jessy. I am sure nobody even cared.

Connie.Marie
02-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Jessy,
With as cold as it has been this winter, I bought my first pair of heeled boots this year (2 1/2 inch heel, knee high) . Went to Payless in drab with pantyhose under loose jeans. Found the pair I wanted, quickly stripped off my shoes & socks. Pulled up my jeans & Tried them on, walked around about 5 steps, and pulled them off & got my shoes back on. No one bothered me but I did try to stay away from some kids. Later, when I was home, I realized they were wide calfs & too big for me there. So I Went to a different Payless to exchange for the right size & since they had 1/2 price on the second pair, I bought some cute flats too.

I won't wear either of them in drab.

Hugs, Connie Marie

Michellegryl
02-22-2014, 03:41 PM
I like to shop for shoes at DSW or Off Broadway shoes. While shopping in drab at DSW one day I found a very cute pair of beige patten leather pumps with a 3 1/2" heel. I tried them on in the store and walked up and down the aisle, while doing so I did not notice the SA come around the corner and she just stood there watching me. As walked back toward her and the seat were my drab shoes were, she commented at how well I was able to walk in those heels and that she wished she could do the same. We got to talking and I told her about me, I found out that she was the day manager and she was very interested and had never met anyone like me. she said that I was welcome in the store any time and to feel free to come in dressed next time if I felt comfortable in doing so. I have been back there in femm mode several times now and no one seems to notice or care. The manager and I have become friends and she lets me know when shoes that I like are going on sale or are in the clearance rack. Everyone in the store is super nice and very respectful.

dressyjessy
02-22-2014, 03:44 PM
I went out again Friday for a quick stop but couldnt continue on because I started getting a blister on my little toe, ouch. Later that evening oh my goodness my toes are killing me. Thought it was from my workout but then it came to me. Its from all those steps I took the day prior. Still hurting today. Just means I'm going to have to go out more often, hehe.