PDA

View Full Version : I want a friend that..

Isa
02-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Will get mani-pedi's with me. That can help me pick out tasteful clothes, that will help me with makeup and give me good advice on like things. :sad:

:((

Beverley Sims
02-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Isa,
We all aspire this, and it will happen for you when the time is right, do not despair and don't rush it.
Have patience.

RADER
02-20-2014, 09:11 PM
The Christmas wish list has now started;
We all would like the same thing. I lost my wife/partner last year,
I do not know that I would ever find another like her.
Rader

Isa
02-20-2014, 09:36 PM
Thank you both so much..Beverly, how do you approach someone about this or in your experience is it better to be approached? Hehehe

Rader, I'm so sorry for this loss. I have hope for you and your dear heart.

MissTee
02-20-2014, 11:17 PM
My wife is that friend for me. We enjoy those things together all the time.

Poor Radar, I know that has to be so hard. Especially a partner that was supportive. I would be devastated, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Tracii G
02-21-2014, 12:55 AM
Join a local trans group and make some friends it worked for me.

Anna H
02-21-2014, 02:36 AM
If advice is worth anything....(may not be!)...

Be your *real* self as much as is practical and comfortably possible.
Weirdness included!

There are few things more attractive than someone who is their
genuine true self. Most people can't do it and they're often drawn
to those who can and will.

My "affluent" friends are so full of stale baloney that they can barely
stand each other. Fake and Faker. lol!

:happy:

AllieSF
02-21-2014, 04:02 AM
I want that too but have learned to live with a lot less.

Good luck.

Marcelle
02-21-2014, 06:44 AM
Hi Isa,

As Traci suggested, a local trans group is a good source. For me, I have come out to several GG friends and we do things together all the time. My wife while supportive is not ready to take the leap to going out as girlfriends ... she prefers to go out with "boy me" which is understandable.

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
02-21-2014, 08:44 AM
I want that too but have learned to live with a lot less.

I think Allie speaks for many of us here with that simple statement, and affirms your feelings too, Isa.

Perhaps it's the thought that it may be possible for some of us, some day to achieve that, that keeps us going and searching for more...? :)

It does for me...

Katey x

Kim_Bitzflick
02-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Isa,

I hear you. I like going out dressed, but I LOVE going out with my wife or someone else who is accepting. I have a few friends here. Give it time, You'll find someone. and I've seen on this forum, there are quite a few girls from NC that may be near you. send them a PM.

Good luck,

Shy_Confusion
02-21-2014, 07:13 PM
I think everybody wants that, Isa.
It would be nice to have a GG friend that would go shopping with me so i don't feel so awkward standing in the women's clothing section or the cosmetics aisle alone.
Show me what to buy instead of playing "hit or miss".

Good luck finding your friend.

MsVal
02-22-2014, 11:29 AM
In any activity, particularly something social, we all long for someone with whom we may share experiences, someone that will provide advice and validation. For the more popular and more socially acceptable activities, that is an easy longing to fill. For the less popular and less accepted activities it's more difficult. All is not lost, however. Between now and the time you find a kindred soul, consider this the time for individual growth and study. Set goals, reach them, and set new ones.

That someone may be out there; someone that lives near you and is looking for the kind of advice and companionship that you will be able to provide.

There is also this fine virtual community of wonderful people that have helped me in so many ways.

Best wishes
MsVal