PDA

View Full Version : A tornado outed me to my neighbors!

Allison Chaynes
02-20-2014, 09:15 PM
So, I was here earlier reading some posts and heard sirens go off. Ran downstairs, turned on local TV and they were showing a tornado on radar about five miles north and west of my house. As I am one of these people who has to see and film these things, I went outside to look. After a few minutes of talking to the neighbors about where it might be, sure enough, I saw a well defined funnel cloud go by. I completely forgot I was wearing my floral capris and a women's V neck tee. Nothing was said, but I can't believe I did that!

RADER
02-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Where you wearing a bra with forms???
If not, they probably thought you where wearing some crazy P-J's
I bet you did not have heals on.
Glad you are safe.
Rader

dressyjessy
02-20-2014, 09:38 PM
I did the same thing years ago, but my oops was forgetting I painted my toes and my gf at the time was like, ummm you painted your toes??? I almost died...

Anne2345
02-20-2014, 09:40 PM
Yup. Tornados. They will out you every single time . . . .

Kate Simmons
02-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Better you than me Hon. I'd be headed in the opposite direction, clothes notwithstanding.Wouldn't want to mess up my hair.;):battingeyelashes::)

MissTee
02-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Wow, that really blows.

Barbie Anne
02-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Tornado "Wow that really blows"
Not going there lol.

Good job it missed you and glad you're safe. A mirror by the front door may be in order eh?

Lillyasia
02-20-2014, 11:04 PM
With a tornado that close, I don't think anyone was paying attention to what you were wearing.

Shellycd12
02-20-2014, 11:33 PM
I am glad to hear that you are ok and safe.
With all the excitement of what was going on i am sure no one was paying attention to what you were wearing.

Shelly

Nicole Erin
02-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Yup. Tornados. They will out you every single time . . . .
Oh they are SO gossipy yes?

Michelle789
02-20-2014, 11:45 PM
They were probably more concerned about the tornado than what you were wearing. However, I completely understand your fears. I posted last month about being outed by washing machine. I got a nasty response from someone to "grow a thick skin" - Ignore anyone who tells you that. These fears of being outed are completely understandable, as we fear the consequences of being known.

Anna H
02-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Wow, a tornado is bad enough. I just plain forget sometimes and head out with
my hair in a high top-of-my-head ponytail. With Pink scrunchies! But so far I've
caught it in time...:happy:

Glad you're safe! Those things can have a bad ending very often. I imagined it
had strowed all your stuff across your front yard when I read the post title.

:rose: ♥

Barbie Anne
02-20-2014, 11:53 PM
Haha kate I've done that exact same thing.

FemPossible
02-21-2014, 12:24 AM
First of all, glad to hear that you're alright (physically). Second, like others have said, I'm sure everyone was more focused on the situation at hand than what you were wearing. The tornado may have taught you to be more careful next time.

Leslie Langford
02-21-2014, 12:41 AM
On the positive side, this would have been the perfect occasion to wear your ruby red slippers - just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz did... ;)

Tracii G
02-21-2014, 12:54 AM
Well you are out now so the first big step is over LOL.

Donna June
02-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Well at least the tornado didn't level your house and throw female clothes all over your yard to which some neighbors might have said "where is all that clothes from"?

MonikaTirola
02-21-2014, 09:08 AM
@Donna: That was my first thought too! I am glad that didn't happen.

However outed by a Tornado sounds almost as unbelievable as the dog ate my homework. Lol

Beverley Sims
02-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Brings the question, which is more exciting, a tornado or being dressed?

Tammy Lynn Tx
02-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Beverly, I would have to say being dressed would be more exciting... unless the tornado turns and is getting bigger as you watch. Then it becomes terrifying.

Allison Chaynes
02-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Rader- no, I was not wearing forms. That would have been funnier to them, I imagine! When I first went outside, they were already out there looking in the general direction of the storm. It was almost like 4th of July when people go outside to watch fireworks... which is kinda funny, because that's about the only time anyone on our street ever seems to talk to each other. Most people keep to themselves, which I like.

It was a small funnel cloud that lasted about twenty seconds. I'm a certified storm spotter for the National Weather Service, so it's a kind of passion to watch storms. We were not in any danger, as it went north of us. We did have one cause minor damage to our roof several years ago though. I'm not complaining, because it killed people a few miles down the road from us.

Tina_gm
02-21-2014, 03:27 PM
A whirlwind discovery?

Barbie Anne
02-21-2014, 03:29 PM
@ Gendermutt *facepalm*