PDA

View Full Version : The circle of knowledge has grown by one important person...

Dianne S
02-21-2014, 07:19 AM
Last night, I came out to my 16-year-old daughter about my crossdressing. It went far better than I could have imagined. She was completely cool with it and even said she had an inkling because I've grown out my hair recently.

I'm amazed at how non-judgemental kids can be... sometimes I think we project our adult fears and prejudices on them. This is a giant weight off me.

kimdl93
02-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Good for you and your daughter!

Isa
02-21-2014, 07:39 AM
Awesome Dawn! There's nothing better than a loved one embracing and loving ALL of who you are. So happy for you. :)

Barbie Anne
02-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Wow that's just great! Now get out there and have a great shopping/bonding trip with her. You two have a whole new world open to you now, and I really envy you :)

Katey888
02-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Great news, Dawn - I think you're absolutely correct in what you say about our adult perceptions...

And sometimes kids can surprise and astound you in the most beautiful ways - enjoy the unbearable lightness of being you for a while.. :)

Katey x

anaissa
02-21-2014, 08:39 AM
So happy for you Dawn. I admire your courage in taking the step, and applaud your daughter for her loving acceptance. You obviously raised a great kid! Hugs all around.

PretzelGirl
02-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Kids can be very surprising sometimes. I think it also helps to be in this generation. The younger adults and kids are generally more accepting these days as they are exposed to it and better educated.

MsVal
02-21-2014, 09:55 AM
When grown ups lower their shield of superiority they can learn a great deal from children.

Your daughter can teach us all a bit about acceptance and love.

Best wishes
MsVal

samantha rogers
02-21-2014, 10:09 AM
I think if I told my 17 year old daughter she would likely take it better than anyone else I know... though I have not done so...

Beverley Sims
02-21-2014, 10:31 AM
It intrigues me the insight that teenagers show today.
These are the same people I avoid in shopping centers.
Teenage girls are the first to out you if they can.