PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever too late?

anaissa
02-23-2014, 02:13 AM
Hello . Please forgive my ignorance but is it ever too late in life to acknowledge the woman inside and decide to move forward with counseling and a dedicated transition? I'm tormented by my inaction and desperately want to make changes in my life.

celeste26
02-23-2014, 02:37 AM
There are members here who are in their 70's some who even have transitioned that late in life. So the answer is a big NO!

Michelle789
02-23-2014, 02:51 AM
It is never too late. People transition at any age from 5 to 95. Best of luck :)

Eryn
02-23-2014, 02:54 AM
It's too late when they throw dirt on your coffin. Until then change of any kind is possible.

BOBBI G.
02-23-2014, 04:39 AM
If you can dream it and want it, it can be done. I'll be 71 in two weeks and I got on board this wonderful train a year ago. And I will never get off. The view is just to amazing.

Bobbi

Kaitlyn Michele
02-23-2014, 10:41 AM
its never too late.

The only thing that changes as you get older is that sometimes health risks impact the specifics of your path

I recall right when I started therapy a poor woman that transitioned when she found out she had cancer...in her 70's ... she lived a couple more years and was a wonderful woman ...she actually moved to new York to help homeless transsexual kids by living in a halfway house and taking care of it for them

Peggie Lee
02-23-2014, 09:03 PM
The past is and can not be changed. We need to accept who we are an live it as hard as we can. I waited until 64 before acting on my oldest wish and every day since then have been the happiest I can remember.

Barbie Anne
02-23-2014, 09:05 PM
I'd like to hope not as I'm 49 now and moving in that direction.

Jorja
02-23-2014, 11:07 PM
No, it is never too late. We have a 94 year old in our support group. She just decided last year she wanted to quit hiding and be herself. She rocks!

noeleena
02-24-2014, 03:02 AM
Hi,

Only when the Bus has left and your not on it, and when it's out of sight what you do then regret your life,

okay how far on anther ride do you wont to go, two stop's or all the way,, if you have the mind for it itll be the trip you cant afford to miss trust me it's worth more than all the money you can lay your hands on,

Kiwi lingo, get off ya back side and get on that Bus,

...noeleena...

sissy2_amberlee
02-24-2014, 03:26 AM
Honey, I am 77 and no, it is never too late to be who you really are. do you see the truth in that statement?

love, amberlee

Rachelakld
02-24-2014, 05:13 AM
Never to late But

For ME

I have committed to much of my life to be here, in this life, in these relationships, having found my heaven, to destroy it.

If you are not in the right place in your life, then change can be very rewarding at any age.

Kaitlyn Michele
02-24-2014, 06:28 AM
So its not too late.

Is that good news or bad news for you?

anaissa
02-24-2014, 09:00 AM
I want to thank all of you for your support and encouragement. I am gonna take the first step and publicly declare for the first time--my name is Anaissa and I am proud to be a MTF transsexual. I'm in search of a sport group--any suggestions?

stefan37
02-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Wooah Slow down there cow girl. I would seek out a qualified gender therapist, and support group. Decide if this is really what you want. Once the message is out there is no going back. Are you ready for whatever consequences coming out so quickly can result? I am all for self exploration and taking action. But it should be done smart and with measured actions to be as successful as possible. Transition can not be rushed. It has to happen in its own time at its own pace.

Angela Campbell
02-24-2014, 09:18 AM
I agree, a public coming out is not a good first step.

anaissa
02-24-2014, 09:36 AM
I couldn't agree more about slowing down the process. You are absolutely right about seeking counseling. For me this will be a return to counseling as I had begun the process some years back. I confess that I was greatly conflicted by what I was learning about myself and ultimately I repressed, suppressed and regressed my real self for way too long. I think the thing you noticed in my post was a feeling of relief and joy in the realization that it is not too late to begin anew. I promise to slow down and I have no intention of taking any bold steps without professional guidance and peer support. Thanks again!