PDA

View Full Version : Stereotypes of crossdressers.

RachelRoxx
02-23-2014, 09:38 AM
What stereotypes have you ladies come across being a crossdresser? Seems like every man I meet online thinks because I crossdress that automatically mean I want to sleep with every man I see. Which obviously isn't true. But on the other hand when I go out to CD parties and such all the men there are usually complete gentleman. They hold good conversation and are completely respectful of me. Then you have the men online who throw hissy fits if I tell them I'm not interested. In a nut shell it seems that a lot of men think just because we crossdress it means we are ****s. What other stereotypes have you ladies come across in your crossdressing adventures?

Caden Lane
02-23-2014, 09:42 AM
This dovetails into yours; but just because I crossdress, it's assumed I'm gay. Or assumed I want to live as a woman. Not my current SO mind you... But it's happened in the past.

Adriana Moretti
02-23-2014, 09:43 AM
i thought everyone who crossdressed was gay....isnt that the rule? ..............btw im kidding so please dont take that ignorant statement serious

Beverley Sims
02-23-2014, 09:45 AM
I don't think that there are any others.
Probably being heterosexual and married with children....(Al Bundy here) could be a stereotypical example. :)

Barbie Anne
02-23-2014, 09:47 AM
"Oh I'm a lumberjack and it's ok" Please dear god somebody get that. I feel old enough just bringing it up lol.

RachelRoxx
02-23-2014, 09:53 AM
i thought everyone who crossdressed was gay....isnt that the rule? ..............btw im kidding so please dont take that ignorant statement serious
I think that just a big a misconception as all of us being hookers. Just because we crossdress it automatically mean we are gay. Me personally I am bi. But I only date women, I wouldn't ever date a man. I'm extremely picky with guys anyways. Plus not many people know my CD secret and I have no desire to let everyone know. None of their business. My mom knows and supports me and that's all that matters.

Teresa
02-23-2014, 09:53 AM
The guys you're talking about have too many hangups, living in a cyber dream world, now as a Cder you sound like a normal balanced person just having a good time.

Adriana Moretti
02-23-2014, 09:58 AM
yea i agree with Teresa....thats the shady cyber world....thats why I love it in here...you gals are all ok in my book....i forget this fact sometimes then i log into facebook and up pops a picture of an unshaven man in a thong and im reminded again.

RachelRoxx
02-23-2014, 09:59 AM
The guys you're talking about have too many hangups, living in a cyber dream world, now as a Cder you sound like a normal balanced person just having a good time.
Exactly. Girls just wanna have fun! It's fun experiencing life from the perspective of both sexes. I think the world would be a lot better place if everyone experienced life from both sides. Even if it's just once.

yea i agree with Teresa....thats the shady cyber world....thats why I love it in here...you gals are all ok in my book....i forget this fact sometimes then i log into facebook and up pops a picture of an unshaven man in a thong and im reminded again.
I get that crap constantly. My profile will clearly state I'm looking for a PASSABLE or at the very least semi passable CD to be friends with and I get hairy men in bras and panties asking me to hang out. No, sorry. Lol

tiffanynjcd24
02-23-2014, 10:06 AM
One thing is the misperception of crossdressers want to be a woman. Thing is not all crossdressers want to be a woman

RachelRoxx
02-23-2014, 10:09 AM
tiffanynjcd

Indeed. I have do desire to be a woman. I'm perfectly comfortable being a man that dresses like a woman sometimes. Lol. Although I do wish I could dress up more than I do but such is life.

tiffanynjcd24
02-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Same here gurl. But are you happy with being a crossdresser

kimdl93
02-23-2014, 10:25 AM
The on line environment is a haven for immaturity and predators.

CarlaWestin
02-23-2014, 10:33 AM

Yeah, Teresa hit it perfect. I'm just a well adjusted person that has an extra life to have fun with. And I too really love it here. I keep waiting for the gay thing to happen although I'm about as happy as a person can be.

flatlander_48
02-23-2014, 11:28 AM

Unfortunately that is where the large mass of public opinion sits. The problem is that when dealing with such a very touchy subject, I think we tend not to correct this kind of misinformation. At the least, it would put us in the spotlight. At worst, it could almost be like a public outing.

People who hold these misinformed opinions are not predisposed to challenge their beliefs. They are perfectly happy and think that they know precisely what is going on. In that kind of environment, nothing changes very easily. It is almost like they have to be confronted by someone the know well. They just won't get the information any other way.

eileendover
02-23-2014, 12:04 PM
"Oh I'm a lumberjack and it's ok"
"I chop down trees, I wear high heels, Suspenders and a bra."
I'm right there with you, Barbie :)

Barbie Anne
02-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Yes dear.........Monty Python. the epitome of classic Brit humor. Love them.
Sure I'm from the U.S. but I prefer humor that exercises the old noggin :)

Ms. Jennifer
02-23-2014, 12:43 PM
ive been called gay, confused , miss guided etc... im not one to judge anyone and dont get why people automatically assume those notions ( not that i have anything against other peoples beliefs ) I myself have been married 9 years to my beautiful wife and have a 3 year old son and im perfectly happy!!! i think that in societys view all of us that CD are wierd and not normal.... well what is "normal" anyways??? to all if us gurls here this is normal behavior to us. where does society derive the normalcy. other people i know have wierd things they do and to me its wierd. i say that stereotyping any one is wrong and 99% of the time the stereotypes are wrong its like saying that all irish are drunks ( and im all irish too lol )

GenieGirl
02-23-2014, 12:45 PM
I've never encountered any stereotypes in person as a girl, I've only had great experiences there. As a guy I have heard friends and people I know make negative comments about transvestites all being like gay prostitutes and being weirdos like buffalo bill...all preconceived ideas they have gotten from movies with no educational background to the subject of course. The other scenario of stereotypes would be like yours online as a female. I omegle often when I come home from a girls night out and my gf decides to go to sleep early so I'm bored with nowhere to go. Most guys think that I'm a gg that I run into on omegle, about half of the girls think so to. Of coarse omegle might not be a good judging point because the majority of guys on their are looking for sex and think that every girl wants to watch them masturbate or should show boobs on cam. I usually next those guys, sometimes I mess with them even though I don't like deceiving guys sometimes I get tired of the rude horny *******s out there that treat women like their objects of masterbation and that girls should give them their demands while they have no concerns for the person on the other end. They just seem so selfish to me. Anyways sorry for the tangent, I've gotten people call me tranny and lots of other nasty names, usually only one person out of the bunch when chatting in chatrooms. Its usually just one person if any that wants to scream to the group that you're a guy and disgusting etc. And when people ask I do tell them I am tg. I'm open about it with those who ask or often tell people up front. But normally others don't care that I'm tg and some take up for me against the idiot shouting like a kid. Sorry I might have rambled too much and got sidetrack from topic, I'm bad at doing that. Sorry.

In addition I have heard my mom make a few comments in a negative way about the subject. With the recent TG student winning homecoming queen she made a comment about the world becoming so screwed up that people don't know what they are etc and people need Jesus etc blah blah bullsh%%...It hurts me to think that she would say the same about me...Her delusions of LGBT being s
a sin and sick etc etc with her religious delusions is the reason she will more than likely never find out....

Erica Anne
02-23-2014, 12:53 PM
I may be a lumber jack and I don't care, however, I don't hang around in bars. That song is funny to no end. Time for the spam song now.... and now for something completely different.....

Rachel,
love the guitar, did that lead to your feminine desire to dress? (only kidding).

There is a misconception about cross dressing. People who do not understand it will assume that you must be gay and you just have not realized it yet. My wife had questioned me in that regard. I have no desires to attract the same sex, nor do I want to think of it. If I was a real woman I would not have any interest in men. If you are listing yourself as a cross dresser online on dating web sites, all you will get are men, and perhaps those that solicit you are probably gay or just odd. In general, gay men are not attracted to women which is a fact. The fact that most of us want to live as we desire, to have the freedom to express ourselves and to be liberated from the drab rules, one would think you dress the way you do to attract men. Perhaps a small percentage do, majority of us do not. Only you can decide how far you are willing to go. I would rather stay in the closet....

By the way, Nice Jackson Guitar. Have to love South Street shopping! My favorite shop to visit is Passonal Boutique, was not on south street but now they opened up a second store. Either that or New Hope Le Chateau Exotique. I always seem to come home with something when I shop at either place.

MsVal
02-23-2014, 01:22 PM
I think that it is fair that a person that knows no better would judge any non-traditional male as gay.

Gay-or-straight - that's an uninformed person's first cut in judging a man's orientation. They don't know about the difference between CD/TG/TS and may not even care to know.

This isn't their fault. To members of the community it is a real big deal but to the general public, it's unnecessary trivia.

It's like the difference between F3E and G3E radio emissions classifications.
(F3E - Frequency Modulation, G3E - Phase Modulation)

Yeah, I'm a geek.

Best wises
MsVal

RachelRoxx
02-23-2014, 04:07 PM
By the way, Nice Jackson Guitar.

The one in that picture is an Aria Pro II Excel Series. It was my first electric so I'll never get rid of it. But I do own a Jackson Randy Rhoands and a Jackson Dinky.I adore Jackson guitars. You can check out my six string stylings at youtube.com/uptheirons726 but be warned, its a tall, lanky dude playing, not Rachel. Lol. I've been dying to jam dressed, just haven't gotten around to it.

PaulaQ
02-23-2014, 04:15 PM
@Rachel - honey, guys online just assume that *all* women they meet online want to sleep with them. TG girls are no different. What would be interesting, though, is to figure out statistically whether we get more, fewer, or about the same number of pictures of men's junk mailed to us.

Dana_Drake
02-23-2014, 05:14 PM
You are an amazing guitar player!

PretzelGirl
02-23-2014, 05:15 PM
There are a lot of them. Just watch someone dress up as a woman for halloween. It tends to bring out some of the stereotypes. Big boobs, huge wigs, and of course sequined dresses.

RachelRoxx
02-23-2014, 05:16 PM
You are an amazing guitar player!

Thank you love. I better be as much as I slave over it. Lol

PaulaQ
02-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Big boobs, huge wigs, and of course sequined dresses.

Sue! Quit judging how my girlfriend dresses! :p Just kidding! Well kind of I'm not - she does dress like that. As trans women go, my GF is subtle - kind of like how a sledge hammer is subtle!

Allisa
02-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Never go to chat rooms, would'nt know how anyway. The other misconception that I get is that I want to transition to female, so excuse me for playing the part so good. On a lighter note (let's all look on the bright side of life, life's a piece of sh*t, when you look at it...)I couldn't help myself.

Bye-Bye Lisa

April_Ligeia
02-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life -- I love the Monty Python reference -- awesome. I can hear the whistling now. Never let anyone else make you feel any kind of way. I can make anyone who tries to make me feel bad feel worse than what they intended for me, either verbally or physically. I guarantee it. NOBODY should have that power over us, and I personally will not allow it.

"Oh I'm a lumberjack and it's ok" Please dear god somebody get that. I feel old enough just bringing it up lol.
So glad that so many others love the Pythons. We're not old, we're seasoned.

Barbie Anne
02-23-2014, 07:32 PM
April I grew up watching them on pbs here in the states. Back when the flying circus was still being made :)

I'm a yank sure, but I'm addicted to british comedy. Benny Hill did drag also, As did Kids in the hall but they're Canadian, and technically with them I think it wasn't all an act :) Chicken Lady bukawk!!!

My point from the original post with the lumberjack excerpt was that it's more accpeted by mainstream when it's done in a campy version.........Odd how that happens eh? And probably one, if not the main reason why there are so many sterotypes in the first place, but I still love them all lol.

Angela Campbell
02-23-2014, 08:04 PM
They all love pics.....uhhh......wait a minute.....

katherin28
02-23-2014, 08:14 PM
I guess gay would be the biggest one for me. When my wife found out, her first question for me was "are you gay?". She just couldn't understand. I wish she would.

Katey888
02-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Jeepers! This thread has got so rambling I had to go back and read the OP twice just to make sense and figure what the question was... right..

Adventures? None sadly - so no direct contact with stereotypes - not that I'd be happy with that, in the same way most of us aren't. And I suppose that is one of the stereotypes that holds back recognition and acceptance of us as a group that aren't seen by the majority of public as weirdos, pervs or screwballs. It's the unthinking categorisation by people that probably prevents a lot of us closeted types from coming out - sad really...

Now - back to one of my soapbox subjects - "And what have the Romans done for us...?"

Well I'll tell you - first bloody crossdressers in their togas - they started it all... :)

Katey x

GinaD
02-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Once after being stopped by a police officer he spent about 20 minutes accusing me of being a prostitute and looking for "johns". Got a bit tiring and I copped an attitude and threatened to file a complaint about his demeanor. A second officer arrived and put him in check and that was that.

PretzelGirl
02-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Sue! Quit judging how my girlfriend dresses!

I was thinking of Dolly Parton. Are you dating Dolly? :^5: