PDA

View Full Version : Love your neighbor as yourself

Bria
02-23-2014, 09:48 AM
I've been thinking about this for several days and believe it may make an intresting discussion.

A number of people on this forum have expressed feelings of depression, suicidal thoughts, gender disporia, etc. Feelings that I would interperate as making it difficult to love/feel good about yourself. I see a lot of expressions of love on this forum for those that are under stresses, and feel that in general those here are a very loving group, yet I wonder if we are constrained by our self doubts.

The question that this raises in my mind is this:

1) Have these feelings, depression etc effected your ability to love yourself?

2) If so, how has this effected your ability to love your neighbor/family/

3) If/when you have relieved the stresses in 1) and were able to feel better about youself, did this translate to an improved ability to love your neighbor/family/SO?

Thanks in advance for all replies and know that I do not mean to criticise any one on this forum who may be suffering from any stresses. You all have my greatest concern any sympathy.

Hugs Bria

Barbie Anne
02-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Short answer......Yes!

In no way meant to be pert. As to question 2, They showed enough concern for me that it motivated me to improve the situation from my end, IE; letting Barbie have some freedom to express herself. Barbie is a much nicer and in-control, well balanced person than Rich is, and is also who I want to be.

Adriana Moretti
02-23-2014, 09:53 AM
3) If/when you have relieved the stresses in 1) and were able to feel better about youself, did this translate to an improved ability to love your neighbor/family/SO?

YES !!!!!!!! Take care of that ish......and you will love everyone..project positive and positive things happen

Beverley Sims
02-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Bria,
I feel I have been fortunate I might take tablets for stress related blood pressure, but I have never felt any, nor anguish.
I believe I had cancer once and elected to have it removed as opposed to radio or chemo therapy.
Don't worry about that either.
I live life at 99 MPH, and the biggest stress I have is probably getting busted for speeding. :)
I don't drink, smoke nor do I get the chance to go out with bad women.

I do feel for those on here who do have serious health issues and family problems.
Sometimes I think the god that I pray to, has blessed me.

Shy_Confusion
02-23-2014, 10:03 AM
In short reply:
1. Absolutely. guilt/shame/denial/suppression made me feel terrible about myself. Frustration of blocking out a big part of my inner make up caused massive anger issues too.

2. My problems definitely made me self absorbed with thoughts of the whole world being on my chest. My options were care uncomfortably too much with girl side or become emotionally disconnected and apathetic with my male half. I chose the latter. I wouldn't recommend it.

3. As I come to terms and acceptance of what's going on in my head and heart, I have become far more compassionate about my friends and family and just as importantly learned to forgive and care about myself.

Hope that answered your question.

Caden Lane
02-23-2014, 10:04 AM
My secret of crossdressing was a barrier to my relationship. This in turn caused depression, stress and angst, and impacted my ability to love myself, accept myself, and love others.

Since I fully came out to my SO, my stressors have abated, I feel closer to her than ever before, I love and accept myself, I have no more guilt, and I don't mind telling you that it's improved our Love life. It's amaInf how guilt, stress or depression can impact you on so many levels. But the depth of emotion I feel now is awesome. I wish I could have felt this years before.

Ms. Jennifer
02-23-2014, 10:36 AM
In short reply:
1. Absolutely. guilt/shame/denial/suppression made me feel terrible about myself. Frustration of blocking out a big part of my inner make up caused massive anger issues too.

2. My problems definitely made me self absorbed with thoughts of the whole world being on my chest. My options were care uncomfortably too much with girl side or become emotionally disconnected and apathetic with my male half. I chose the latter. I wouldn't recommend it.

3. As I come to terms and acceptance of what's going on in my head and heart, I have become far more compassionate about my friends and family and just as importantly learned to forgive and care about myself.

Hope that answered your question.
WOW !! i couldnt have said it any better!!! just be true to your self and dont take to heart so much what other people think of you.... my SO had a hard time when i told her my complete story but after a few months now shes painting my nails and shopping with me . as for neighbors i say f'em who cares what they think.. i walk out to get the mail in a micro mini skirt,bra and tank top. family wise i would be truthfull with them

kimdl93
02-23-2014, 11:03 AM
I would turn this around a bit. The inability to love oneself...to accept oneself as transgendered or simply to accept that CDing is not a perversion or crime or character fault....very likely underlies the depression.

Laura912
02-23-2014, 01:53 PM
There may be a slight oranges and tangerines comparison going on here. Two of the causes of depression are situational and chemical. Situational is related to an event, e.g. death in the family, not dressing, shame about CD, and the chemical is due to low levels of brain serotonin. Many of the antidepressants act to increase the latter. Family history is more of an indicator for the chemical than the situational.