PDA

View Full Version : The journey so far

Dianne S
02-24-2014, 03:24 PM
It was about a month ago that it finally hit home that I'm probably TS and not just a crossdresser. This was obviously a huge shock to my wife and we have had a lot of turmoil. Things are calming down a bit and I'm even cautiously optimistic we can stay together and forge some sort of new relationship if I decide to transition. Early days yet, though...

Also came out to my 16-year-old daughter about my CDing and she was fantastic... very nonchalant. My wife told her about my TS feelings (without asking me) and reported that my daughter was extremely supportive and said we should tell her 12-year-old sister so I can dress how I want at home. I'm not ready for that yet, but I am amazed by the love, wisdom and compassion of my 16-year-old.

Last night told my mother (who knew of my CDing) about the possibility I may transition. She was pretty surprised and shocked and had tons of questions, but hugged me as I was leaving.

I am very grateful for the wonderful people in my life as I continue this journey. I am still not certain I want to transition, but it's seeming more and more "right" as time goes by.

RADER
02-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Just go slow, as to not to shock the family. My baby Brother Transition about 23 years ago.
It was a shock to all the family; from my Mother to the two daughters they had.
His wife stills lives with her, she says she loves her, the son really has no opinion, and
the two daughters at first had big dislikes, now have calmed down a lot, and generally accepting
that she is now a real she. She went over seas for the surgery, and seems to be OK; except that she
is now hitting that 63 mark, and has put on a lot of weight.
So you see, a family can make it through, but just take it slowly....... Good luck
Rader