PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have a Copy of the GG Rule Book?

Nadine Spirit
02-25-2014, 05:03 PM
My wife and I were talking at lunch today about some other post on this board where a GG said something along the lines of girls remember everything. My wife piped up and said, gee I guess I am not much of a girl because I don't remember just about anything.

It reminded me of all the times that a GG told me that something I was doing was wrong, because GGs either do or don't do it. For example, I have been told:

GGs take their purse everywhere, and go nowhere without it, and yes they meant everywhere, all of the time.

GGs do not set their purse on the ground, because it is bad luck.

GGs always wear hair clips of the same color, and never mix and match colors.

So... have you been told that you are doing something wrong because no GG would ever do what you were doing?

Oh and yeah, these comment were said to me in a very nice manner, as though the people were trying to help me be more feminine. But my point is, there is a large variation with how any GG can behave, and there is no GG rule book. Unless you have seen it, then point out to me where I could go buy it and perfect my GG moves! :)

~Joanne~
02-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Make copies when you find it and put me on your list for one ;)

Allison Quinn
02-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Make your own rules it's more fun that way ;p

PaulaQ
02-25-2014, 05:19 PM
There aren't *any* rule books in the heteronormative world of social conventions. That's one of the things that makes transition so hard. It's all implicit, and you have to figure out which rules apply in which context with which audience.

marny
02-25-2014, 05:30 PM
My wife says ' never put your shoes on the table." I think it's a Swedish thing.!!' LOL

ReineD
02-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Haven't you ever heard of The Guy Code? I couldn't stop laughing when I first read it. Although not every rule fits every guy, I could see general guy behavior in all the rules.

So now we have The Girl Code. Enjoy!

The Guy Code (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Guy%20Code)

The Girl Code (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Girl%20Code&defid=3898447)

:D

Kate Simmons
02-25-2014, 05:39 PM
I sent in box tops for mine a long time ago. :)

Annaliese
02-25-2014, 06:09 PM
I was told I could not see the rule book, because it change all the time anyway.

Adriana Moretti
02-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Make your own rules it's more fun that way ;p

Allison for class president !

Barbie Anne
02-25-2014, 06:12 PM
My wife says ' never put your shoes on the table." I think it's a Swedish thing.!!' LOL\
Could just be a "don't get what you stepped in on the table where you eat" thing. :tongueout:tongueout:tongueout

Angela Campbell
02-25-2014, 06:14 PM
You won't need a reason
She don't let you choose
And so to make the game easy
Mother makes the rules

We all know how the rules are
Changing from day to day
That's the breaks and I'm sorry
Some of us must be going
Some of us have to stay
Some of us may be showing
Some just fade away

Allison Quinn
02-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Allison for class president !

That would lead to anarchy oπo

RenneB
02-25-2014, 07:00 PM
'round these parts, the vast majority of GGs don't listen to any of the rules. Like dress nice, comb your hair, don't wear clothes that don't fit..... This far away from the big cities, it's hit or miss on what to wear. For me to blend in I'd have to let myself go, throw on a pair of trucker jeans, sneakers and a sweat shirt.

I much prefer the bigger cities that have GGs and even GMs with class. That's where, ladies enter their car butt first, walk in heels, pay attention to style, groom their hair, carry a purse.... and on and on. The rules of style and class aren't written anywhere that I've found.....but I keep looking for great examples of people with style.

Renne.....

Lorileah
02-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Real GGs don't need rules

Kristy 56
02-25-2014, 07:54 PM
You're right Lorileah, that's why we need them. :(

Persephone
02-25-2014, 08:23 PM
There is a women's guide book called "The Rules" (click here) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rules) and it is actually quite good and useful IF you are looking to catch a man, but otherwise it doesn't cover day to day behavior :sad:.

As Renne suggested, the real "Rules" are not universal, they are generally the code of conduct enforced by your peer group in your region, your culture, etc. A good example of this is the movie "Mean Girls." I believe it is a great primer on female culture even if the specifics don't apply to your group (although I do remember the girls in my high school having secret "slam books").

In terms of the basics, body language and the like, young girls emulate the women in their lives, first their moms and sisters, later their school peers, so they learn attitude, emotional behavior, how to walk, move, speak, etc. from other women, just like boys typically do with the male role models in their lives. We have generally missed those female steps so we have to go back and learn to emulate other women later in life.

Hugs,
Persephone.

michellecd9999
02-25-2014, 08:49 PM
The rules you are talking about seem to be more about fashion, however, here are some rules I was always given by women to men
Women's Rules for Men

The female always makes The Rules.
The Rules are subject to change without prior notification.
No male can possibly know all The Rules.
If the female suspects the male knows all The Rules, she must immediately change some or all of The Rules.
The female is never wrong.
If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding which was the direct result of something the male did or said wrong.
If Rule 6 applies, the male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.
The female may change her mind at any time.
The male must never change his mind without the expressed written consent of the female.
The female has every right to be angry and upset at any time.
The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to be angry or upset.
The female must under no circumstances let the male know whether or not she wants him to be angry or upset.
The male is expected to mind read at all times.
The male who does not abide by The Rules cannot take the heat, lacks backbone, and is a wimp.
Any attempt to document The Rules could result in bodily harm.
If the female has PMS, all The Rules are null and void.
The female is ready when she is ready.
The male must be ready at all times.

windycissy
02-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Haven't you ever heard of The Guy Code? I couldn't stop laughing when I first read it. Although not every rule fits every guy, I could see general guy behavior in all the rules.

So now we have The Girl Code. Enjoy!

The Guy Code (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Guy%20Code)

The Girl Code (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Girl%20Code&defid=3898447)

:D

Got to love The Girl Code! So many mysteries explained...

Tina_gm
02-25-2014, 09:21 PM
guy code #17 lol

17. You must offer heartfelt condolences over the death of a girlfriends cat, even if it was you who secretly set it on fire and threw it into a ceiling fan.

I can handle that one.....

Anna H
02-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Gosh, I guess I'm just so lucky. I ask my wife all the time.

I'm surprised a Lot about how very slightly off the mark I am, but
she'll steer me right. What's so surprising is, just how subtle such
tiny details can be....

:happy:

Tina_gm
02-25-2014, 09:25 PM
And of course this for the girl code lol

1. Yes = No
2. No = Yes
3. Maybe = No
4. We need = I want
5. I am sorry = you'll be sorry
6. We need to talk = you're in trouble
7. Sure, go ahead = you better not
8. Do what you want = you will pay for this later
9. I am not upset = of course I am upset, you moron!
10. You're very attentive tonight = is sex all you ever think about?

Helen Grandeis
02-25-2014, 09:27 PM
From the movie and book Harvest Home, "what no man may know, what no woman will tell..."

Michelle789
02-25-2014, 09:37 PM
however, here are some rules I was always given by women to men
Women's Rules for Men

Everything you said is a direct contradiction to male privilege. Either what you said isn't true, or male privilege is a myth.

My wife and I were talking at lunch today about some other post on this board where a GG said something along the lines of girls remember everything. My wife piped up and said, gee I guess I am not much of a girl because I don't remember just about anything.

I've heard that too that women remember everything. The other night, my neighbor said that women forget everything. So once again, there's a contradiction. Maybe remembering or forgetting is really just part of your personality.

Barbie Anne
02-25-2014, 09:47 PM
The GG rulebook does not exist in print except for the original in the locked vault at the library of congress where they keep the president's secret book. It's contents are memorized and handed down from mother to daughter via genetic coding.

Thank god I was born in the wrong body and I got about 1/2 of it memorized lol.

Seriously though, I don't believe in stereotypical gender roles, rules and customs. Maybe this has something to do with who/what I am. No idea. I just know what I like and what feels comfortable with me, and try to let others be who/what they want to be as well. I like to sew, do dishes and laundry and I'm also a hell of a good cook. My wife loves to work in the yard, wear bluejeans and tshirts, and she's much better at basketball and football than I am. I just figure the world would be a much better place,(especially for those like us), if there wasn't such a societal demand to conform.

Peace Love and Hugs from a tall skinny guy in his pink pajamas............

Peta Ellen
02-25-2014, 10:16 PM
I was under the impression that there were only 2 rules in the GG rule book:

Rule 1. The GG is always right.

Rule 2. If the GG is wrong - Rule 1 applies

noeleena
02-26-2014, 05:22 AM
Hi,

By the sounds of it some did not go to the right school to learn did they, i learnt before i went to school just i never used them and by the time i did i never needed them,

The woman is allways right , there is no untill proven wrong , we are never wrong.......

i enjoyed the rules .

...noeleena...

Beverley Sims
02-26-2014, 05:57 AM
Yes!
I have one.....
Twenty six pages of rules all crossed out. :)

Ther is one chapter missing.
Somebody tore it out...

P 27.... "The solution."

MeDeanna
02-26-2014, 07:00 AM
I think you should file the notion of ' GG Rules ' in the same folder as ' Herding Cats '.

And then move on before a psychosis develops.

Shadeauxmarie
02-26-2014, 10:42 AM
I saw the GG rule book in the library once. It was 2.3 meters thick.

julia marie
02-26-2014, 08:02 PM
Go the to mall and just watch. If GG's have a rulebook, 90% of them break many/most of them. Yet, they get by just fine.

sometimes_miss
03-01-2014, 05:39 AM
Go the to mall and just watch. If GG's have a rulebook, 90% of them break many/most of them. Yet, they get by just fine.

It's not laid in stone; it's just that girls generally do things a bit differently based on how their lives are different. Take having a purse for example, and how the use of one (instead of pockets) will change your life (you can get a hint by carrying a camera bag for a week, and putting EVERYTHING you usually keep in pockets, in that bag, no one will suspect anything as long as you use the camera occasionally; oh and don't forget to toss in some stuff that would replace woman specific stuff like an extra brush, comb, small make up bag you can use a bag full of camera film for that one, a cigar holder instead of a tampon holder, etc. just go to youtube and click a 'what's in your purse' video), and the importance to any woman of how she looks, don't forget to wake up an hour or an hour and a half earlier than normal to do all the beauty stuff; a guy can shower and dress, be out the door in ten to fifteen minutes, I don't know any women who can do that. There are going to be all kinds of behaviors that men simply never considered. My pet peeve is shoes; as a guy, I know that most men don't give a crap what a woman wears on her feet (I beg my dates to please, please wear pretty sneakers because I don't want their feet to hurt). But I support the women in my life because I know how much they go through trying to put together their 'outfit', which includes, unfortunately, some type of shoe that goes with the rest, makes her feet/legs/butt look better than it really does. And, at any given moment, those 'female appropriate' behaviors can be tossed out the window due to extreme exhaustion, danger, depression, etc.. For those who want a little insight, try reading young woman's periodicals. Seventeen, Glamour, Cosmo teen, etc.. You'll find a lot of articles of interest. If you have a post office box, subscribing to them is quite cheap.

Marcelle
03-01-2014, 05:54 AM
I think I saw a Leprechaun carrying that particular book while riding a Unicorn toward the enchanted forest. Tried to catch-up and get a copy but they disappeared through a wardrobe . . . go figure. :)

Seriously though, I decided to go to the source and asked my wife. She looked at me, smiled and said "What happens in Girl Club stays in Girl Club. :Punch:

Hugs

Isha

Caden Lane
03-01-2014, 06:25 AM
First rule in the Rule Book... We don't talk about the Rule Book. Second rule in the Rule Book is that we DONT talk about the Rule Book.