PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever?

Peta Ellen
02-26-2014, 12:55 AM
Have you ever got yourself really organized to dress and reduce the stress, got your timetable worked out. And then at the last minute it all becomes too hard and the feeling passes. Opportunity lost.........

Adriana Moretti
02-26-2014, 01:05 AM
by that point how would it be too hard? I had frustrating nights like "Where is my eyelash glue"..."I cant find my lipliner" kinda thing that can be buzz kills...or the "I'm so excited to dress I rushed thru my makeup cause I have no patcience "kinda days....I guess I dont really understand the question...but I can relate ...I think... LOL... I have lost windows of opportunity by sleeping late, and being hungover too...

Peta Ellen
02-26-2014, 01:50 AM
I guess I'm being a bit too analytical. A male trait that I have in abundance. The only answer is to switch on the spontaneity, the frivolous, the cheeky and get out there.

There you go being analytical again LOL.

trisha kobichenko
02-26-2014, 02:32 AM
not so much :) If I get charged to dress, I usually end up dressed :)

Peta Ellen
02-26-2014, 02:44 AM
:D:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: And so I did. Nothing like cooking your dinner in a short denim skirt and a pink sleeveless top.

Katey888
02-26-2014, 03:49 AM
I can certainly relate to getting the timetable in place, the anticipation... and then someone else's change of plans drive a bus through yours. That smarts...!

But if I've got the time planned, by golly it takes a lot to divert Katey from asserting her presence...

It never becomes too difficult and the feeling never passes... :)

Katey x

Peta Ellen
02-26-2014, 03:59 AM
I get your drift Katey. Unfortunately on this occasion it was a case of the immovable object and I'm not Wonder Woman yet. LOL

Beverley Sims
02-26-2014, 05:17 AM
Peta,
Which opportunity "lost" of mine do you want to hear about? :)

Peta Ellen
02-26-2014, 05:39 AM
I guess Series 4 Episode 12 would be a good place to start eh! LOL

:hugs:

Peta

Felicia Dee
02-26-2014, 10:56 AM
The closest thing to this I've ever run into, is planning out some quality femme time and then suddenly getting sucker-punched by life doing its thing and having to reschedule. Talk about getting your panties in a bunch!

Brandi Lesalle
02-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Happens all the time...life often has a change of plans, just have to roll with the punches I guess.

Lexi Moralas
02-26-2014, 11:52 AM
I've had the opposite experience where I wasn't really in the mood to dress but forced my self to just because the opportunity presented itself. But once the heels and lipstick were on I was always glad I did it

RADER
02-26-2014, 11:57 AM
I am with you Katey;
Get all set and ready to dress up, and the phone rings, you have to go and do something,
or some one is coming over.......Dressig just went out the window.
Some days I just feel like running to the French Foreign Legion.
Rader

Angie G
02-26-2014, 11:59 AM
My timetable is pretty well open at least at home is. But it has happened yes.:hugs:
Angie

AnntoAnn
02-26-2014, 07:40 PM
I do get quite a few chances to dress, so there have been times when I can't be bothered even though I have been looking forward to it. If I am not going out as Ann then quite often I will not go the whole hog! i.e. make up. I will however fully dress.

Ann X

darla_g
02-26-2014, 07:47 PM
i can relate, there are several times i have a bit of a desire but i procrastinate and then i can't be bothered

julia marie
02-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Peta, absolutely have had that experience. No good explanation for why we get so close and than back down. I've done it a few times. No need to overthink it. Sometimes you just don't feel right. Enjoy the times you do get out.

Jordan
02-27-2014, 05:53 AM
That drives me crazy when I think I have it all worked out and at the last minute something changes drives me nuts

bobbimo
02-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Yes!!!!! and usually it happens for a good reason.. like my kids show up unexpectedly, or I have to do some outdoor male task. Its the pink fairy goddess hard at work to keep us safe.
In a way its sad, but thinking about the prep is almost as good as the doing it.
at least when I think about it only, the results in my mind are amazing.. in the other world outside my head, its a lot harder and not as successful.
Bobbi

Krististeph
02-27-2014, 10:05 AM
:D:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: And so I did. Nothing like cooking your dinner in a short denim skirt and a pink sleeveless top.

Well done!

My temptation is to dress up fully each time. It takes conscious effort to overcome the temptation and just dress up casual; allowing more chances to dress, since dressing and undressing times are rather only 1/5 or 1/10 as long.

Kristy 56
02-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi Peta! Yes it's happened to me too. Got all psyched up,and then felt like too much effort. However, the great days,more then make up for that. :)

Crissy Kay
02-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Yeah, that does happen to me too. Its usually sometimes I have the time to dress, but am really not into that day, or something.

cathie pantyhose
02-27-2014, 02:54 PM
If I have the feeling I rarely walked away from it unless the entire family was home

Hell on Heels
02-27-2014, 03:18 PM
If I've got it all planned out, I wouldn't stop myself from following through.
Although the bus has smashed through the wall on me a few times, and canceled everything, arrgh!

Kathy_G
02-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Yes, too much hassle ...!

As an old ‘codger’, widowed and living alone, I have seemingly endless opportunities to dress. My one fear, which is constant, is that someone will come to call when I’m sitting around in a skirt and heels. Because of that, I never go “the whole way” with makeup and wig. I am more than happy simply wearing the clothes; usually only from the waist down during daylight hours, so I can quickly strip off and don a pair of trousers (pants) before answering anyone at the door. And that happens more often than not. Why can’t people just leave me alone? Why does the postman need a signature? Why does UPS or some other courier turn up unexpectedly?

Like Peta in her original post, I find myself planning ahead. I have worn panties 24/7 for fifteen years or more, and often pull on a pair of tights (pantyhose) with a waist slip, a skirt and heels in the morning. I sleep in a nightdress, occasionally with a bra and forms. When I do sleep in a bra, I am halfway there and find myself looking forward to slipping on a satin blouse or a thin sweater with a full slip and my other clothing in the morning. Or wearing a dress for a change. But come the dawn, I back off. Wearing the upper clothing is too much bother and too time consuming if I have to remove it quickly. When I haven’t already pulled on a skirt, I will fix breakfast with a (male) dressing gown over my nightdress until it’s time to get shaved and “face the day”. I then discard the bra and forms before sliding on my skirt, and end up draping a male shirt on top; ready to dash in an instant from my study to the bedroom where I can drop those things and pull on a pair of pants in two minutes flat if the doorbell rings.

Getting fully dressed in the morning, even without ever doing my face, which would be impossible to clean off in a hurry, is too much of a risk. And even the thought of having to strip off upper clothing in a hurry is stressful. Too time consuming and too much of a hassle. So most mornings I placate my “need” by wearing feminine garb only on my lower body.

I know it’s sad, but that’s life. Or at least life as I know it. Life as I must lead it.

As Peta says in a follow-up, there's nothing to compare with cooking dinner in a skirt. But in my case it is again usually with a male shirt up top, ready for a Supergirl-speed change.

BLUE ORCHID
02-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Hi Ellen, Sorry to say but it happens to the best of us.

Krisi
02-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Yes that has happened to me. Not so much the dressing part, I can do that most any time, but getting out of the house is hard to work out.

Sarasometimes
02-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Just happened to me with my makeup lesson being cancelled. I still had the time but sort of lost interest but then just before it was too late i went to my therapist appointment dressed without the wig and makeup.

The main cause for me when this happens is when my cushion of time after i dress being sort of tight (kids coming home, added errands to run..)