PDA

View Full Version : I did it i went out.

Megan.
02-26-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi there it's megan i went on holiday a couple of days ago for monday and tuesday night and i was determined to go out as megan so what i did i got ready in my hotel room and very nervously came out of my hotel room and down that stairs to the bottom door to outside i was very nervous but i went out after dark when there was hardly anyone about and had a quick walk around then i went back to my hotel again this was a massive step for me as i have never been out before one day i would love to go out in the daytime but we shall have to see.

i just thought i would share my experience to everyone thanks megan

ps when i work out how to post pictures on here i will post some of me in the outfit i wore when i was away.

Barbie Anne
02-26-2014, 08:31 AM
Well the hardest part is over and it's all downhill from here. Congratulations on your milestone :)

Robbin_Sinclair
02-26-2014, 09:10 AM
When you have time, isn't it fun to get ready in the hotel room? I felt so at home getting dressed in a nice hotel room.

Congratulations. Dinner for one at a dark romantic restaurant seems like the next logical thing.

:hugs:

meganmartin
02-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Good for you...it gets easier each time you push that envelope to new heights.

Jordan
02-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Congrats now you opened up the world for yourself

bridget thronton
02-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Hotels and hotel dining rooms are pretty good first outings I think.

AngieStone
02-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Good for you Megan, it sounds as if it was a positive experience for you girl. I hope you had a lot of fun.

Adriana Moretti
02-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Meg thats great..it must have been quite a rush....from here on in it will get easier ...just be careful on those late night walks alone....and make that dinner reservation for two...i will join you ...i will have a salad, a white wine...and a vodka & soda with 2 lemons ....

stacycoral
02-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Congrats Megan, I know it is a big step, but was it not a great feeling to be out as a woman, to feel alive, way to go girl, hugs.

insearchofme
02-26-2014, 12:54 PM
Good for you! Taht's very brave! I do have one question though, No pics? Whats up with that? LOL!

Persephone
02-26-2014, 01:05 PM
:cheer:

Hugs,
Persephone.

Rachael Leigh
02-26-2014, 01:06 PM
It's a great first start, congratulations

Jesse Six
02-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Congrats Megan! It's an awesome feeling, I'm rooting for you.

I wish I could bottle that mix of exhilaration / triumph that one feels when stepping out, and save it for days I'm feeling down.

Beverley Sims
02-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Megan,
Once you have walked out under the sun, there is no going back. :)

Kristina_nolagirl
02-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Yayyyy for you!! The next thing is interacting with people. That can be scary, but the first time you get treated like a lady by having a door opened or a yes mam, everything is downhill from there.

MsVal
02-26-2014, 03:44 PM
How about that for a thrilling experience? In many ways it's better than any amusement park, and more memorable.

Best wishes
MsVal

julia marie
02-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Congrats on that first big step. You're hooked. Enjoy!

Kristy 56
02-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Congrats. Megan ! You always remember your first time. Glad it worked out for you. :)

Patty-Fay
02-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Sounds like the perfect setting for a first time out. Have you made plans for your next adventure?

Christen
02-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Oh, How thrilling that first foray is! Everything feels a little amplified when your outside. Good luck to you!

Christen x

AnnaBMarie
02-27-2014, 08:25 PM
I remember going through that experience years ago. Checked the makeup, the forms, the dress, practiced the walk, and looked out the peephole about a dozen times to make sure no one was coming down the hall. I took a deep breath, opened the door, and practically walked right into one of the maids!

No doubt she has seen that many times and didn't flinch, but my heart was in my throat all the way to the elevator. Then the anxiety of not knowing if I was going into a crowded lift with others was intense. Once I got outside and started walking down the sidewalk I started to loosen up a bit and began enjoying the breeze against my legs and the click of my heels.

This must be an experience that thousands of us share. Some hotel should see this as a marketing opportunity! Congrats Megan.

Briann
02-27-2014, 09:23 PM
It must be an amazing felling to pull that off, I can't wait to try myself but it will probably be a while yet.
Best of luck with your next outing :thumbup:

Lillyasia
02-28-2014, 02:50 AM
Well done Megan! Getting out the door is the hardest part. Once through that door you come alive. It's like a new beginning or a second life. Now you have to find places to go and things to do for your future outings. Enjoy your outings and let us know how it goes.

Bonnie Chan
02-28-2014, 05:04 AM
Congrats Megan on first time out! :) I know how that feel. I just got past that experience recently as well. Similar to you, I walked out during dark time where there's no one around much. It was exciting and felt good being able to be a girl outside just my room.

natcrys
02-28-2014, 06:29 AM
Good for you! I'm glad it was a positive experience for you! Do be careful.. the night can provide cover.. for good and bad things.

I still remember these first steps and nightly walks like it was yesterday! A (very) small part of me would love to re-live those moments where the heartbeat would double.. and the adrenaline would flow through the body. :D

Enjoy!

Jorja
02-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Anyone want to place a bet on how long it will be before Megan is out running all over creation?

Good job Megan, it will get easier the next time.

Kellie79
02-28-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi Megan!

Congrats for getting out! I can definitely relate as last week was my first time out too! I was on a business trip and decided to take advantage of it. I got dressed in the hotel room (black thigh-highs, miniskirt, black tank top + wig and full makeup and of course high heels! -- see pic).

I got out of my hotel room, took the elevator down and went to the parking lot. I took my car, drove a little and parked in the parking of a strip mall. It was quite late at night (11 pm or so). Some people were still walking around. My heart was pounding. I decided to get out of the car and walk towards a storefront to pretend checking the opening hours. I did and came back to my car. Quite a few people saw me but there was no interaction. I was soooo thrilled :)

I drove back to my hotel and went back to my room.

Just a tip: don't forget your room key or else you'll have to ask for a new key at the reception desk. Hasn't occurred to me but I thought of it! ;)

Scary thought: as a lot of people said on this thread, it seems like it's all downhill from here. I am already contemplating my next business trip when I know I'll be more daring!!!

xoxo
Kellie

Krisi
02-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Great experience. I've been out a couple times but it's difficult for me to arrange.

Just be careful walking around hotels late at night dressed, especially in heels and miniskirts. You might be mistaken for a prostitute by the police or you might just run into the wrong person or people.

I think it's probably safer to just go out in the daytime. Go where women normally go and dress like women normally dress. If you're away from your hometown, people won't know you and if you don't know them, who cares what they think? If your presentation is good enough, they won't recognize you even if they know you as a male.

BLUE ORCHID
02-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi Megan, You are out there now nothing can stop you now.

Kellie79
02-28-2014, 10:38 AM
@krisi - everything you said sounds right. I actually thought that I might look like a prostitute... Not very smart as an afterthought! I'm just not ready to get out in the middle of the day. But, as you said: nobody knows me so who cares!

ClaraKent
02-28-2014, 04:17 PM
I cant wait to finally have the courage to go outside wearing what I want to. I'm too nervous around my friends even though I am steadily gaining the confidence I could use for it. Props to you for going out, even if for a bit.
Every step is still a step

Valarie
02-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Wow that's really awesome congratulations. It's the little steps that seem the scariest, but over time confidence will build and you will be more and more comfortable.

Truth
03-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Congratulations Megan! Good on you :)

Lucy Lou
03-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Well done Megan, I have been out only at night too. Walking around where I live, I didn't pass anybody but quite a few cars went past. They probably thought i was just a woman on her way home. It felt exciting, and the first time i did it i went straight back out when I got home. Like you i haven't got out in the day yet but i will sometime. Good luck. Lucy Lou. xx

Joanncdnj
03-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Megan, I remember my first time out........... girl, the door is open, and don't look back! I once met a fellow about 85 years old, and he told me" life's short, and this ain't a dress rehearsal" They are words I live by today....

Evelyn
03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Well done Megan, it takes a lot of courage but ohh, is it worth it. Please take care if you're going it alone at night time.

Keri L
03-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Dear Megan,

Congratulations on your first time out! You may never experience the same adrenaline rush, but each trip out becomes a richer experience, in my view.

Best Cate

p.s. You didn't look like a prostitute, you looked very cute. But, even if one of us girls were mistaken for a prostitute, you cannot be arrested for the way you look. A cop can stop you to question you, if he has reasonable suspicion that a crime may be in progress or just occurred, but that is not grounds for arrest. A room key to the hotel and a simple explanation that you were out enjoying a walk should suffice to be on your way.

Helen Grandeis
03-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Congratulations! There is nothing like feeling the wind on your legs and the whole experience of walking a distance.