PDA

View Full Version : Dress up by others

vallerie lacy
02-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Having read many posts concerning having been dressed up by mothers, sisters, aunts, girls etc at a young age, I am curious if you lucky girls out there, have ever discussed those experiences with the ones who dressed you. I wish I could have experienced being dressed by others when young. Must have really been so much fun for some of you.

Sarasometimes
02-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Not as a child but I have had help by GG friends for halloween and they included some great details that didn't go unnoticed. Painted nails and toes, false eyelashes (Sza Sza Gabor), stockings and garterbelt (french maid) , veil (Bride of Frankenstein), plenty of jewelry and painlully high heels if appropriate. I think if it isn't their SO they can really get into doing this.

Beverley Sims
02-26-2014, 03:23 PM
No I have lost touch with that circle of friends now.
Life does go on and it is interesting how friends and circumstances change over time.

Attitudes are changing these days too.

RADER
02-26-2014, 03:38 PM
My mother allowed me to try her heals a few times, Could not walk in them.
She even allowed me to wear her girdle a few times, but I was only about 5 or 6 then.
Later, she found one of her girdles under my mattress; Got a good talking to at that time.
When I was in high school, I bought an all in one and hid that in a false bottom I
built in my dresser drawer.
I wish I could have had some one to "Dress" me when I was young.
Rader

dana digs sweaters
02-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Yes Vallerie I had plenty of dressup times with my sisters.
Barbies, House, School, Fashion Show & all, mostly on bad weather days when stuck inside.
Just innocent childhood games. Even on Halloween ;)
My next oldest sis I am most close to. Pure honesty from me at 12 to her questions.
My 2nd older sis had her own questions for me at 15 on Halloween.
We laugh at these times now as adults.

Barbie Anne
02-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Used to play dress up with my cousins all the time, but that came to a crashing halt when we got caught lol.

Our mom's are twin sisters. My mom was gentler, but my aunt was, a holy terror for weeks. 42 years later and she still reminds me of it.

Afterwards I always dressed in something femme for halloween. But never when we were visiting my aunt lol.

TonyaV
02-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Barbie - I am curious, are your cousins males or females? Do you still play dress-up together as adults? That would be fun.

sometimes_miss
03-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Must have really been so much fun for some of you.
Uh, no. First was my mom dressing me up in my sister's clothes when I was a toddler because mom really wanted a girl. next was when a child molester dressed me up in his sisters clothes to make me look like a girl for him. Fun, nope. Try nightmare. The nightmare that just keeps on giving more nightmares.

Diedre
03-02-2014, 10:29 AM
My mother did sewing and alterations. Around age 12/13 I was used as the dress form for clothing in my size range. My mother had no problem having me wear a girdle, bra, stockings slip and heels to make things work.

This happened several times a month and I really started enjoying the feel of the lingerie. Unfortunately it did not go unnoticed that I staying dressed a little too long after a fitting. And then one day my mother brought home a dress form she found at a second hand store.

I asked her why I was replaced and was told she could do things at her leisure rather than depend on me and also had a wider range of fitting options. So that was the end of my dressing. At least that she knew about.