PDA

View Full Version : Name help PLEASE! This is serious! I am desperate!....or not, can't make up my mind

BillieAnneJean
02-26-2014, 01:04 PM
HELP!
I need the collective creativity of everyone. You see, I have a problem with names. Not the remembering kind, mind you. The creating kind. As in I struggle to come up with a name for anything new.

I bought a boat once. We used it for YEARS before we finally decided on a name. Yup, bare fiberglass stern for all to see. Probably should have called it “Nameless” and been done with it. Or maybe BAREBUTT. I am hopeless.

Even worse, I couldn’t come up with a name for our kid. I knew I had a problem when I sent him in to kindergarten and called out: “Bye bye Hey You!”

So here I am putting together a mini convention in Grand Rapids for spring and all I can come up with is “Spring Fling”, sad to say. I could call it “Crossdresser-out-Enfemme-all-weekend-formal-dance-fashion show-shop-till-ya-drop-museum-tour-sculpture-garden-tour” but that is kind of long winded. Sort of like “Dancing with wolves” could have been called “Better than The Postman”. There I go again. Can’t get it right!

So girls HELP ME! What can I call a Crossdresser mini convention that is all about fun, getting OUT, modest cost, and being Enfemme all weekend? How can I incorporate all that and the other bazillion word name? Probably should keep it shorter? Maybe Grand Rapids OUT. Or shortened to GROUT. Some Men Out as Girls, shortens to SMOG. Crossdressers Out Weekend, shortens to ………… No maybe not. I am hopeless!

HELP!!!!!

PLEASE suggest some names!
Suggestions PLEASE!!!!!

Barbie Anne
02-26-2014, 01:15 PM
"Spring Social" short sweet and to the point :)

Sarasometimes
02-26-2014, 01:25 PM
Fem for All
Drab to Fab Weekend
Enfemme for All
Girls Weekend Out

BillieAnneJean
02-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Barbie!
If I have a daughter, you have helped me with her name!
When I send her off to kindergarten I can yell "Bye bye Short and Sweet"!!!!
I think I am getting the hang of this!

Barbie Anne
02-26-2014, 01:31 PM
:bonk::facepalm::facepalm::bonk:

5150 Girl
02-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Fem for All
Drab to Fab Weekend
Enfemme for All
Girls Weekend Out

I vote Drab to Fab weekend!

MsVal
02-26-2014, 02:27 PM
I don't know, is "Grand Event for Spring 2014" already taken?
Grand as in Grand Rapids, and a name that is ambiguous enough that it doesn't embarrass anyone.

I do know that I wish I lived on the other side of the state.

Best wishes
MsVal

Annaliese
02-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Can't help I have the same problem, name my Daughter after an old girl friend could not think of anything better. Wife like her and like the name still married after 39 years.

Adriana Moretti
02-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Drab to Fab Weekend .......yea this sounds like a fun time...I would want to attend an event named this....

Diane Smith
02-26-2014, 11:16 PM
When my Dad joined the Army in 1942 at the age of 26, and had to show them his birth certificate, he was surprised to learn that he was, officially, "Baby Boy Smith." His parents hadn't been able to agree on a name and that's what they wrote down when filing the paperwork. (They did name him a few weeks later and so he had an identity growing up, but the birth certificate had never been fixed, and his dog tags read "B B Smith" throughout his service.)

- Diane

JenniferR771
02-26-2014, 11:35 PM
Great idea, Billie. Maybe Crossdressers Weekend Out? But I also like GROUT--or maybe latex GROUT.
I have to be thoughtful about my home situation. I hope I can be there.

KaceyR
02-27-2014, 02:33 AM
heh..It's fun to play with acronyms..
So I got caught up thinking of the ol' Pink Fog effect...

Then thought of

CDers

Femme
Or
Grand &
Girl-
Y

Weekend/Break/Outing/Event

..if this were the mountains could come up with a FOGGY Mountain Breakdown :)
(Sorry, lame joke :))

F could be Femme,Fashionable,or the Fab mentioned...
though both Fab and Grand seems a bit much/redundant.

And I don't know about the ties/interaction with the Dunes stuff...
So O could be Other instead.

So CDers' Femme Or Grand & GirlY Event/Weekend/Break

Okay..probably stretching it a bit.

That prom might then be considered

CDers'

Prance
Into
New
Kinds

For
'Other'
Girls

Prom

Yeah I'm getting a bit silly here.

The Drab to Fab Weekend is pretty short and simple.

Beverley Sims
02-27-2014, 03:01 AM
I had a boat once, it was named, "After You" . :)

anaissa
02-27-2014, 03:16 AM
First of all, darlin', I love your sense of humor. What a great post.

Second, I vote for Drab to Fab 2014. Good luck.

Caden Lane
02-27-2014, 06:05 AM
The Out of the Closet Tour?

Kate Simmons
02-27-2014, 06:57 AM
How about "Spring has sprung?" :)

Lynn Marie
02-27-2014, 07:43 AM
The Spring Closet Improvement Tour? SKIT for short?

KaceyR
02-27-2014, 08:20 AM
The Spring Closet Improvement Tour? SKIT for short?

Heh.. Make it
'Spring Closet Improvement Realization Tour'.
And call it SKIRT instead :)

Or use Refurb or a made up word. ReFab :)

I Am Paula
02-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Being Lola-palooza

Debra Russell
02-27-2014, 12:36 PM
The Other Me Connection...? maybe.........................Debra

BillieAnneJean
02-27-2014, 01:46 PM
I have had a great laugh with some of these posts! I hope they keep coming.

This event is going to happen. It is going to be a LOT of fun. It will be anywhere from one event to a four day weekend. Attend as much or as little as you like. But it wil be efemme and expressly for CDers, their SOs, and friends. There will be activities to fill each and every day, noon to midnight. So if you ever wanted to get to a CDer event and have a weekend enfemme, and are on a budget, this will be inexpensive and FUN!

BUT I STILL NEED A GOOD NAME!!!!

So please keep em comming

flatlander_48
02-27-2014, 08:56 PM
PinkTIME

BillieAnneJean
02-28-2014, 09:41 AM
I love all of your suggestions, please keep them coming!

BLUE ORCHID
02-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Hi Billie, This is the One, Stepping Out In Grand Rapids!

daviolin
02-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Guys too Gals weekend. Daviolin. And Yes I probably won't make it. Boo Hoo. Daviolin

BillieAnneJean
02-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks girls!

Please keep them coming!

Truth
03-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Grand Rapids Break out!

BillieAnneJean
03-20-2014, 08:36 AM
It is going to be DRAB to Fabulous!

See info at crossdressersmichigan.com

You will be able to attend from one event (for free) to as many as you choose (mostly free). Rooms are available at good rates. We had to relocate the dates to get good room rates. You would not believe how much trouble it was to get a week with rates that range from $58 to whatever you want to pay! But we have the dates now and they are cast in stone. This is about FUN for everyone including those on a budget. It will be relatively cool out, pleasant days, OUT, enfemme, having FUN, with others. Dressed all day, change to clubwear for night dancing. A fashion show, volunteers needed. A formal dance with a queen contest for the most creative girl. So anyone can win. From one to a hundred, doesn't matter, this is happening! And I am loving it!
Billie

BTW I have been fortunate to actually meet KaceyR and Jennifer in person. There are some really smart people on this forum. And great to be real friends with!
Daviolin is really a computer generated response system, doesn't exist. HA! Just kidding (I think). If she replies to this then you can be sure she is a computer, or maybe not.

Sassyinheels
04-02-2014, 01:46 AM
This is amazing! I just found out this site and discovered all these groups and events - cant wait to meet others!!! :)

Nikki50/50
04-02-2014, 01:57 AM
"A Grand Outing"
It's complexity lies within its very simplicity.
By adding "A" as title prefix, it becomes innocuous enough to mean just about anything, as what any sort of a grand outing COULD mean.
Only because we KNOW, do we understand the components of this title, and what they REALLY mean ;)