PDA

View Full Version : Careless driving in dense fog

MsVal
02-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Have you ever driven in a really dense fog? I'm talking about the kind of fog that is so dense that you aren't even certain that you're still on the road. Then a horn blares out from somewhere in the mist, alerting you that you're in the wrong lane.

I was carelessly speeding down ME-1 the highway of personal happiness, oblivious to the Pink Fog, and more importantly oblivious to my wife's feelings. I know that crossdressing bothers her a great deal; it makes her sad. In the dense fog however, I failed to realize that my presentation was becoming less masculine and more feminine every week. My fingernails were long and groomed, as was my hair. My walking and speaking, the way I held my hands, even the way I crossed my legs said "crossdresser" writ large, in flowing cursive letters.

Gendermutt recently said in a post that we must be careful not to go at a rate faster than our wives comfort level. Thanks for the horn, GM.

In the past week I took care of those outward signs and now present as the guy that she married decades before. It's helpful too that coincidentally, the Pink Fog has thinned out a bit. I can now see the lane markers and am able to read a few of the signs along the way.

You will still see me on the highway of personal happiness, but I will be the one driving slowly and carefully. No more speeding, no more tailgating, and no more darting in and out of traffic. I will be monitoring my GPS all the way. (Graciously Patient Spouse)

Best wishes
MsVal

RADER
02-26-2014, 01:40 PM
When you are on that Pink Road; Think that you are driving a big Semi- Truck.
You can feel the 80,000 lbs. behind you, at times pushing you, when you step on the break,
it feels like stepping on a plum....Squish....nothing happens for that hour long 20 seconds,
then you feel all the wheels grabbing you like a vise.

It has been said here on many threads... Go Slow,... remember your Sweet Heart, Give her extra
attention, like driving in that fog, And remember to show love TO her often, as a man.
Rader

Annaliese
02-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Great post and well written.

Barbie Anne
02-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Love the thread. Very good comparison, and I always enjoy reading your posts :)
I'm lucky in the respect that any time my wife and I go out in public, our ritual has me doing a runway turn for her, and her checking me for tell-tales. I'm forever forgetting to remove my necklaces and earrings to be replaced by my studs and bro chains lol. And yes there's times when I hit that same patch of fog, and just dgaf and feel like wearing my sandals and showing off all the work I do on my toenails, but she "talks me down" lol.

MsVal
02-26-2014, 02:50 PM
That is so cool, Barbie. I hope that one day my own wife will be at that same level of comfort.

Best wishes
MsVal

MsVal
02-26-2014, 03:04 PM
When you are on that Pink Road; Think that you are driving a big Semi- Truck.
You can feel the 80,000 lbs. behind you, at times pushing you,

I like that analogy, Rader. I can identify with that urge to dress pushing me along while I make a (admittedly feeble) attempt to stop.

Best wishes
MsVal

Beverley Sims
02-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Val,
If a lot more slowed down, let the fog disperse, there would be a speedier arrival at the destination....
I am talking about acceptance here. :)

Kate Simmons
02-26-2014, 03:24 PM
The road to "pink" is often paved with good intentions but be careful my friend.

MsVal
02-26-2014, 03:39 PM
The road to "pink" is often paved with good intentions but be careful my friend.

I get what you're saying Kate, but in my case anyhow I'm not sure that it's good intentions as much as self interest. It seems to be a frequent theme that crossdressing is a selfish activity that provides some level of satisfaction for the crossdresser without consideration for others. I can identify with that. I must be more aware of the Pink Fog and work to offset it with increased consideration for my wife.

Best wishes
MsVal

Shadeauxmarie
02-26-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm wondering if your wife was sending out subconscious signals.

MsVal
02-26-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm wondering if your wife was sending out subconscious signals.

No, that's not it. I'm much too dense to pick up on subtle hints; subconscious signals are a couple orders of magnitude weaker. If she was relying on those, the Hubble telescope will detect them long before I will.

There were words. Nothing hostile, we *DO* love each other, but words like "You need a haircut", said for the third time in a week, and "Are you going to paint those nails?"

I was becoming a bit annoyed with it all when I read Gendermutt's piece and woke up for a long moment.

Best wishes
MsVal

NicoleScott
02-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Whatever the road and weather conditions, if your stopping distance is greater than the distance you can see, you're going too fast.
Likewise, if you are driving through a pink fog faster than your loved ones can process it all, maybe it's best to slow down.
Hey, it's your analogy.

Barbie Anne
02-26-2014, 04:04 PM
I figure at my age (49) I've been worried about others' feelings all my life and it's time for some "selfish".
I find that,(within reason), I don't give two s**ts about how others feel anymore, as the only ones I really care about all know and accept who I am. So finally after decades of hiding, and with considerable prodding from my wife to "be myself", I find that I'm enjoying the ride down this foggy highway. I say "I find" a lot I know but this exploration is really opening my eyes to things I didn't even know I felt lol.

So MsVal don't try to figure it out. Just go with it and enjoy yourself.......Oh and give that wife a big wet sloppy kiss and let her know how much you love her. Never miss a chance to show her how much you appreciate her understanding :)

p.s. I also take time away from barbie to get all hairy and macho, but she'll tell me to go shave. She's gotten quite attached to having me smooth all over lol.

Peace Love and Hugs.......Barbie :)

Tina_gm
02-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Your welcome Ms.Val. I have been guilty of not watching the road as careful as I should on a few occasions. I do try very hard to find a balance that allows for my femininity and allows me a happy marriage. When push comes to shove, my wife will always come out on top. I think we should all look out for each other when we get a case of mind blindness.