PDA

View Full Version : need a little help

erica12b
01-08-2006, 10:50 PM
hello ,girls i need a little help, i would like to lose 20 lb , all of it on my tummie(i look preg) i have never dieted before and im not over weight, i just want to look better in my dress, i know i need to exersice , sit up are out cuz of back problems, i do have a situp lounge and it dose not hurt my back , what im looking for is a plan of exersizes and a diet , if any one has ,or can draw up a plan , real plan , can any one help?

celeste26
01-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Go to a health club nearby and find a fitness coach. You may not even need to enroll if you take lessons privately.

In spite of the ads a person cannot only eliminate fat from their belly, it just doesn't work that way. An over all conditioning routine is what is needed and that really requires a trainer or at least a partner for accountability.

Aerobic activity three times a week for twenty minutes at an advanced heart rate of 3/4 of your maximum level. Any lifting should be far from the maximum for you weight class but done for repetition not max weight.

an email relationship will not do, since you really need someone to stand right beside you and encourage you as you go. (or push you whichever is required)

Brutal honesty is also a good thing when it comes to things like this and an email relationship cannot be a substitute.

Good luck.

Jesse69
01-08-2006, 11:40 PM
I lost 65 lbs by biking to lose weight. Biking exercise is the best way to lose weight, but getting a nice bike can cost some money. Look at my past threads - I've posted on how I lost weight and went from a size 16 to 6. But I can fit some size 2 & 4 stuff too !

Janice Ann
01-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Erica-- Me to-- I can stand to lose at least 40 lbs--- but after trying the e-mail thing and even nutrisystems--- I sincerley believe Celeste is 100% correct--- That is my next step-- I need someone or something to give me that push and also to match up my abilitys with my diet--- Only thing I got from those other diets was portion control--- and lots of bulk like veggies and salads-8 glasses of water per day. I quit smoking a year ago today Jan 8th 05 and have gained 2 to 3 lbs a month since-- My Dr say's that I now subsitute food for tobacco. He ! HE !-- I have been putting bra extenders on my favorite bras - some of my lingeria is to small-- so darned if you do and darned if you don't-- Lots of luck Janice Ann

chicky2317
01-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Erika just walking up to 2kms each day does the job as a friend of mine lost 23 kilos just walking and dieting for 6 months she looks fabulous now.

erica12b
01-09-2006, 12:41 AM
thank you all , i am planing to do the gym thing but thought if i tryed to do somthing first it would help , i can only go to the gym for two months (all i have saved,( im in debt over my head from my divorce) i will get a trainer to set a exersice plan . just want to try it first my self, its kind of funny when my ex was preg she gained 30lb and i gained 35lb , that is the only time in my life i gained weight at a large amount ever,