PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share a nice story about my day...

ShelbyDawn
02-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Just to give you a little perspective, the worst ting that happened to me today was I got to the shoe store exactly two minutes after they locked the door... :(
What I need to tell you is why I was at the shoe store...

I awoke this morning with eager anticipation of my annual bonus hitting my checkbook, which it did. That was great news.
Unfortunately, the child support office took half of the bonus and gave it to the ex. Boo Hoo... which turned out to be good news because it paid off the past due balance and the draft from my check will actually be going down which is good news.

Life likes balance, you know. :)

So, I finished my project at work on schedule, definitely good news and, of course, had to celebrate...

What to do next???
I have extra cash. I am effectively getting a small raise in my take home pay and I finished my project. This calls for something special.

There happens to be a Stein Mart on my way home and I have never been there. I have heard good things about this chain being TG friendly and I'm feeling brave so off I go.

I walk in the door and start to browse the women s section looking for something special. After about five minutes of aimless wandering, I ask an SA for help finding a nice skirt with a cute top. She asks, "What size is she?" I reply, "Well, they're for me." She doesn't even bat an eye and off we go.

To make what is turning into a long story a little less long, I came home with a really cute pink skirt with a black top and a black cover up type jacket. The jacket doesn't really go with the skirt and top but it was so pretty I had to have it. I am celebrating after all.

unfortunately, I do not have any black shoes( I hate it when I purge) so off to Payless I go.

As I said, I got there two minutes after they locked the door.

All in all, however, I think it was a pretty amazing day.

What do you think?

:hugs:

Shelby

PS.
I seriously doubt Payless will run out of black shoes by the time I get there. :)

Christen
02-28-2014, 10:40 PM
I think if I was you, I'd pour myself a nice glass of wine and bask in your amazing day.
Good for you Shelby!

Christen x

Jorja
02-28-2014, 10:46 PM
A bonus, a pay raise, a finished project, and a cute pink skirt with a black top and a black cover up type jacket. I would say it doesn't get much better than that. Enjoy your good fortune and get up early and out to the shoe store tomorrow. A girl can't have enough shoes you know;).

Helen Grandeis
02-28-2014, 11:16 PM
You can still wear your new clothing either barefoot or in just your stockings. Boots are also very nice in many higher latitudes.

MsVal
03-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Whoopie! What a day!
The shoe store thing just means that you have a good reason to extend it to a two day long "great day".

Best wishes
MsVal

Beverley Sims
03-01-2014, 02:06 AM
Nothing like a "GOOD" day Shelby.

Be patient the black shoes will come. :)

Marcelle
03-01-2014, 07:08 AM
Hi Shelby,

Sounds like a great day and some great purchases. I particularly like that the SA just went about her job helping a customer find what she needs.

Hugs

Isha

Barbie Anne
03-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Don't you love it when everything just "clicks"? Great day and I also think this is an excuse for you to extend it:)

mechamoose
03-01-2014, 07:15 AM
What I need to tell you is why I was at the shoe store...

You had a good day, hon! Celebrate!

I reply, "Well, they're for me." She doesn't even bat an eye and off we go.

And you just were who you were. Awesome.

Krisi
03-01-2014, 09:27 AM
I've never been impressed with Stein Mart. My wife and I shop mostly at Kohls, Pennys, Belk and Burlington Coat Factory. A couple days ago at Belk my wife picked out two nice blouses, one for her and one for me for $8.00 each on the clearance rack.

Jaylyn
03-01-2014, 09:37 AM
What great day and great story, don't you just love it when we have our attitudes all in check and all the stars line up and the day just runs like a magic show. I'm sure the shoes will be the next fun adventure for you.

Kristy 56
03-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Shelby, love the story as well as your optimism and sunny outlook. I hope you went back today and got the shoes to go with what sounds like a very cute outfit. :)

Briann
03-01-2014, 12:23 PM
I have to agree with Barbie, a great day sometimes deserves an extention. I'm sure the shoes will look great with what sounds like a fabulous outfit.

Lucy Lou
03-02-2014, 05:04 AM
Sounds good to me and as you say, you can always get the shoes another day. Good for you. Lucy Lou. xx

Steph70
03-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Glad you had a great day...I love when those happen. My great days are shopping in Kohl's clearance section and finding that $70 dress for $3.80.

Payless definitely won't run out of black shoes. I keep trying to by them out so I can stop...but every time I go back, there's more to buy! Damn them!
*stands up* "Hi, my name is Steph, and I'm a shoeaholic."
Step one done ;)

Steph

ShelbyDawn
03-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Quick update, I made ti back to Payless today and guess what... They still had black shoes and in my size even. :)
Picked up the cutest pair of 4" black heel to go with my new outfit and, well, you just know I had to put it all together when I got home.
Only issue now is I am realizing that I really need some jewelry..
I guess I have to go shopping again...
Will this never end?

I sure hope not.

LOL

:hugs:

Shelby

DAISY LYNN DOKES
03-02-2014, 07:58 PM
I did not even have the nerve to try on shoes at payless so i bought three pair and hoped one would fit.. One did and i gave all three pair to lady ellen at le femme finishing school..
She taught me to walk in them correcty as part of my outstanding schooling
huggs,
daisy lynn dukes