PDA

View Full Version : Sort of a poll

Deborah
01-09-2006, 02:29 AM
For anyone who shaves there legs on a consistent basis.

I've been shaving my legs for 6 months straight now and i can still notice after all this time. Especially after a fresh shave they still feel hmmm (it's like a cool/colder feeling) and more tender i guess. Everytime my jeans rub against my legs i can tell.
Pantyhose helps but i can't wear them everyday.

Vague i know but does the feeling ever go away and feel like the rest of the body?

Clare
01-09-2006, 03:06 AM
Hi Deborah.

Smooth legs are a great feeling, although I have to say that after a long time, you sorta get used to the smoothness and notice it less - i've been waxing for nearly a decade!

However, when you put on pantyhose or a silky skirt, the sensations are sooo nice!

So the answer is yes and no.

I've got to the point where I just hate seeing any hairs on my legs (or anywhere else for that matter!), stubble growth looks just awful!

Anne Charlotte
01-09-2006, 03:48 AM
I shave mine all the time too. You sort of get used to the feeling, but after a really close shave, and with the right skirt on.....WOW.....they feel really slinky and sexy.;)

Tiffy
01-09-2006, 10:00 AM
I have been shaving my legs for a few years now. Thoes feelings are what I live for. But then I am hot blooded. And shaving looks great and helps keep me much cooler. You do get so you are not bothered by it. But the feeling is still there if you pay attention to it.

Kisses, April Marie

Jenny Beth
01-09-2006, 10:32 AM
I've been keeping my legs shaved for close to three years. Mostly I don't even notice it anymore except for the first day or so after using a new blade, that's when I just have to wear a long swishy skirt!

Stephanie Kay
01-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi,

I'm an RN and I work in the dermatology department. The cool feeling after not shaving for awhile is just the loss of the insulating properties of the leg hair. But if you shave often you are actually scraping the dead skin cells off with your razor and leaving even a thinner layer of skin for insulation and in addition to losing more heat because of even less insulation, you are leaving newer skin exposed and that is more tender than the layer of dead skin cells that we all have all over for protection!! (This also happens with depilatory products like Nair, too!) BTW, all our skin is replaced about every 14 days! And, you know, when you see a beam of sunlight streaming in your window and see little romantic dust motes floating in the beam? Yep! Those dust motes are about 95% dead skin cells! Also, most dust bunnies under your bed are mostly made up of dead skin cells!! And finally, part of why nylons feel so good is because they are replacing the insulating properties of your leg hair and dead skin cells!

Too technical? More than you really wanted to know? Sorry! Now you know the "rest of the story" behind those soft, smooth, silky legs!

Deborah
01-10-2006, 12:07 PM
^^ Sigh the price we pay :D

Ellaine
01-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Stephanie :) Thanks for that... but can you tell us , why it takes so long for razor cuts to heal on legs and feet...or is it me....they seem to take months! :(

Ellaine

Gretchen
01-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks, Stephanie, for sharing an amazingly accurate explanation of why my legs always feel cold and sometimes a bit sweaty after shaving and after taking off the nylons. You are right.....the stockings help to insulate the legs that no longer have hair for the usual insulation function.
Still, it is a wonderful feeling after a fresh blade shave to put on stockings and a lined sexy skirt. I have been shaving my legs about twice a week for about the last four months and am wondering why I waited so long to take the plunge.
Love,
Gretchen

brenna
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
I am invigorated by the feel of a fresh body shave, just love it! If your new to shaving, give it awhile.It gets better and BETTER!

Stephanie Kay
01-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Stephanie :) Thanks for that... but can you tell us , why it takes so long for razor cuts to heal on legs and feet...or is it me....they seem to take months! :(

Ellaine

Ellaine,

I'm afraid that cuts to the legs and feet take longer to heal as you get older. This is due to a decrease in good, healthy circulation to your legs and feet. Your blood vessels loose elasticity and that results in a slow down of blood flowing to and from your legs and feet including the skin. One thing we look at to gauge the circulation to the feet is hairy toes! Hair stops growing on your toes as your circulation decreases due to normal aging. I still have a few hairs on my toes (58 yo). But I have noticed that my leg hair isn't growing back as fast or as thick as when I was in my 30's.

Deanna2
01-11-2006, 12:26 AM
I keep my legs shaved permanently. The luxurious feeling of a soft skirt against shaved legs defies description.

joanlynn28
01-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Yes I know the feeling. The legs feel cooler when they are shaved. I first started shaving my legs when I rode my bike to work. I is a nice feeling having bare skin in the wind. I noticed that my legs still feel cold even when I wear pants or hose over them. I don't like to wear pants over my legs though it just doesn't feel right. Anyway I have nice sexy legs for a guy who really wants to be a girl.