PDA

View Full Version : Odd thing at work the other day

Erica Anne
03-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I was doing my usual task at work that required me to go through the lobby. I was asked a question by the ladies up front what my opinion was on this sales video they were watching. One of the ladies commented "not sure if she is a man or a woman" as she was watching this very attractive person in the video, I would admit her attire was not very elegant, looked more like men's clothing. I stated, she looks more like a woman to me, shoulders and hips are more fitting for a woman than a man... My thoughts on the subject at hand, I had the same thoughts about the one who made the comment (would not have been appropriate to ask such). It was obvious the person in the video was not male. I was not offended, I hope nobody knows of my habits, but is this common for women to gather and pick out defects or assumptions on a specific individual who absolutely has more going for her than the ones scrutinizing her image on the monitor?

Beverley Sims
03-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Get in the wrong circle and a group of women will tear you down as quick as look at you.

Chari
03-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Absolutely, and that could become a "cat fight" if they were eye to eye. Some GG's are always defensive about another GG's attire, shape, age, whatever. Best not to take sides!

Kristy 56
03-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Erica, I have to agree with Beverley and Chari. I wouldn't get in the middle of that discussion. :)

Katey888
03-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Erica... RUN, RUN.... as fast as you can...! Don't look back.... :outtahere:

A politely disinterested excuse that you have little opinion and even less time to get involved would be my response....

Cultured neutrality has served the Swiss well for centuries :)

Katey x

Stephanie47
03-01-2014, 12:52 PM
I worked in an office environment for three decades. There were some women who nit picked the crap out of everyone. Those women seemed to gravitate toward each other. It did not make any difference if the target of their attention was a drop dead gorgeous woman or a morbidly obese woman. they always had to criticize someone. Of course, they were perfect. Stay away from engaging with them. Hopefully the person in the video was an instructional video made out of house and not with in house staff.

Guys in the office? Well, their comments always were complimentary to the drop dead gorgeous woman and ignore commentary toward anyone else.

Erica Anne
03-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Well, too late, they got me involved. Later that day I approached the person who made the comments, (I was warned by the girls in my department to avoid her at all costs) and said "Thank you for seeding my mind with that thought, now I will be questioning every woman I look at " looking her straight in the eye, I doubt she would get the hint. Unfortunately for her she is ugly on the inside as well as the outside. If the person is ugly on the inside (there are many I have to work with like that) they will always be ugly no matter how good looking they may be on the outside.

Ms. Alexis
03-02-2014, 09:52 AM
I believe the term Narcissism applies here... No Shortage of people of this type anywhere ~ Both Men and Women included, though they generally express it differently.
There are a lot of insecure people out there.. and insecurity breeds fear. So when I see people who feel they have to point out everyone Else's flaws that's always a big warning flag to stay clear as there is no good that can come out of associating with them.