PDA

View Full Version : If You Knew Then ~ What You Know Now!

Dana
01-09-2006, 05:04 AM
Me? I'm 48! Been through the mud, the blood, and the beer and the horse manure! Knowing what you know NOW about yourself, what would you have done differently?

ronda
01-09-2006, 05:22 AM
i think i would have done things a lot different i would be a woman today

racquel
01-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Would have been dressing fully,wig-make-up,sooner and told everyone in my life this is who and what I am.:bs:

winkys pet
01-09-2006, 05:40 AM
to be honest not a lot,as in the time when i was first dressing,i would have been crucified by my 3 big brothers,maybe in my twentys when i moved out,would have delved deeper into dressing,but was very much in denial and i think no matter what still considered myself a freak!(youth wasted on the young) but looking back,how knieve i was to think i was the only one,and my sister never knew or anyone else for that matter,since i had worn most of her clothes in the early stages,and as my wife says she notices even when ive had a quick look thru her clothes,been busy,great to be back warm wishes and a happy new year

Maria D
01-09-2006, 06:22 AM
There's a lovely verse from a Carter USM song:

Some you win and some you lose,
Spent my whole lifetime falling on a bruise.
And if I had the chance to do it all again,
I'd change, EVERYTHING.

TBH, now I know my family support me, I'd have come out years ago.

Take care
Maria
xxx

Phillis
01-09-2006, 06:28 AM
i think i would have done things a lot different i would be a woman today

I agaree with Ronda. I would have been a woman by now myself.

Lotte L
01-09-2006, 06:48 AM
As a little boy I would have existed wearing girllcloth and ribbons in my hair. Than me being cd was accepted, and if we all did that than being cd would be a normal appearance. That would be nice, the one day to work in a bussinesssuit the next day in a pleasant dress.

Love,
Lotte L:bs:

Jonien
01-09-2006, 06:58 AM
I too would have transitioned long ago.

I would also be rich I would have patented my inventions instead of just handing them over to the company's I worked for.

I would not have gone into the armed forces so I would not have damaged my hearing from explosives.

and taken more care of my teeth.

Jan W
01-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Dear Dana,

Just what do we know and when did we know it?

pattied
01-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Me? I'm 48! Been through the mud, the blood, and the beer and the horse manure! Knowing what you know NOW about yourself, what would you have done differently?

I am 32, and had I access to groups such as this one while in my teens, I would probably be living as a female ft now, well on my way to SRS. But I didn't. So I am pt XD, full time parent (encompassing both gender roles, as needed) and reluctant to completely give up my male poersonna... but with each, I express more of my femme side, and it will eventually take over!:cheeky:

I would like my children out of the house first though.

Veronica E. Scott
01-09-2006, 07:18 AM
To what are you referring,the choices we have made in life ,marriage,partners,parents ,dressing,the list is endless,you left the door wide open on this one,I would have chosen different parents.

S. Lisa Smith
01-09-2006, 07:51 AM
I would have bought a ton of MicroSoft stock!!!

GypsyKaren
01-09-2006, 08:13 AM
As rough as I've had it, I don't know if I'd make any changes. I ended up with 3 great kids, an awesome wife, and I'm on a good stretch of highway right now.

GypsyKaren

TGMarla
01-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Yes, I suppose I would. I would have pursued support groups for people like me while in college. I would have shaved my face and legs at an earlier age (still waiting on the legs, in fact), I would have told my wife prior to marrying her, even though it probably would have cost me the relationship. I might even have gone the transition road, though I rather doubt it. But hindsight is always 20/20, regrets get you no where, and wisdom almost always comes only with age and experience.

ginafaye
01-09-2006, 09:41 AM
i would have let my feminine self out of the box as early as i could .........and sought help and advice from all who would be suportive

BettyAnne
01-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I definitely would have told my parents. In retrospect, I think that either they suspected or actually knew.
The big shock for me was after they died and I was clearing out their home. It seems that they where well into S/M games and role playing. There was this absolutely way out photo album and an amazing collection of leather clothing and toys. I never suspected such a thing about my very proper parents.
While it may sound really perverted, it would have been heavenly to have been across my mothers knee, dressed to the nines and have my panties warmed by a good spanking.
Water under the bridge now. The thing is, I know they would have enjoyed it too. So much the sadder.

Sarahgurl371
01-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I would have spent some time on me. I became a husband at 19. Thats been my identity since. Althought she indoubtedly wouldn't have married me if I knew how I felt and told her. The rest is unknown.

Tamara Barclay
01-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Geeze.....I have actually thought about this alot.
The one thing I wish I had known about when I started fully dressing at 12 or so would have been MAKE-UP!

HaleyPink2000
01-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Ok an answer to this HUH? Ok, short answer to this one would be, aaaaaa???
I'd a been just who I am now with the Woman I'm married to right now. Also I'd a married Her insted of my EX and had kids with Her. Oh that was kinda blunt, HUH? Ok on subject of CDing. I'd a bought dresses earlier in life and not have been in denile so long.

Haley:)

Amanda T
01-12-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm 57, and very happy with my life, my wife, and my now grown children. I wish this would either go away, or be accepted by my wife so that I was not so lonely and scared. Will get neither, but hey -- I've been blessed in so many other ways its hard to complain.:angel:

coco8132
01-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Myself, knowing the effects of hrt on a pubescent teen, I would have transitioned as young as possible in order to reap the full rewards of hormones.To enjoy the life of a young woman. To grow into womanhood. I remember thinking to myself at 14, if I started transitioning now, in 2 years I'll be able to have srs( naive I know, but I was allowed to dream). The same thought reappeared year after year. Now I'm 37, happily married, well enough off. I'm not saying I didn't do the right thing then. The times they are a changing, if I could turn back time , so would I.

Wendy-Anne
01-12-2006, 08:31 AM
There is this little child I know.
She thinks everthing would be ok if they were only a girl.
I would do everything I could to let her have her way.

traceytv
01-12-2006, 11:40 AM
I have thought about this a lot and I wish I got my own house when I was younger to allow me to be the person who I really am. I think I would now be living full time as a woman.

Julia Cross
01-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Had I known sooner what crossdressing was, I think it would have made me more confident about myself. I would have had more fun with it when I was young and fit. I would have gone out and had more fun with it.

And if I would have known then what I know now, I would have not kept it a secret from my partners and caused so much resentment.

if only I knew then what I know now.

Julia

Aileen
01-12-2006, 12:37 PM
If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it all over you.

Bonnie D
01-12-2006, 01:50 PM
If I could go back I would have told my wife, then we would not have been married. I have no idea what would have resulted. I would have stayed living with my friends until I could afford to live on my own and then possibly come out to everyone. Then who knows if I would be alive now. Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll can do a person in. Getting married stopped all that. Have you ever seen "The Butterfly Effect"?

Bonnie

KathrynW
01-12-2006, 02:13 PM
If I could go back I would have told my wife, then we would not have been married.
coulda...
shoulda...
woulda...
still no excuse to cheat on a spouse...

Lisa Maren
01-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone

There's lots I would have done differently.

During my childhood I would have asked my mom to dress me up as a girl for Halloween (even though she would have very likely declined). I would also have tried to find ways to dress up.

During my junior high school years, I was at an all boys school (yecch!). They dressed up boys in girls' clothes for the school plays, pantyhose, makeup and everything (since there really was no alternative). I would have tried to land myself a girl's part!

During my high school years I was surrounded by girls who wore pantyhose (at least some of the time) and pretty skirts/dresses to classes. I would have made friends with several more girls, revealed my secret to one or more of them and asked for their help dressing up ,though probably off-campus, maybe at their house. (I lived far enough away from campus that we'd have to catch a plane to get to my house but I knew quite a few locals).

During my college years, I would have sought out some female friends whom I trusted to be open-minded to alternative lifestyles and asked for their help dressing up. There was actually even a "Gender Bender Dance" (where you come as your favorite gender) and I probably would have gone. At this stage in my life I would also have asked them to help me buy my own clothes -- in high school I had single rooms, but we weren't allowed to lock the doors from the inside (in fact the locks were disabled so that they could only be locked with the key from the outside) so that would have been no good.

Damn, I would have done a lot differently, wouldn't I?

Ah well. Onward!

Hugs,
Lisa