PDA

View Full Version : The Never Ending Flight Home

Richelle
03-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Traveling as Richelle has become somewhat routine. My trip out to Boston went as I expected. The TSA agent had no problem with me presenting a passport that clearly indicted male although I was enfem. At the full body scanner, the bling on my top, set of the scanner and so I was patted down by a female TSA agent and was even asked if I wanted this in a private screening room.

I had a wonderful conversation with a lady on the second flight from Denver to Boston. We are the same age, so talked as any other middle aged women would when first meeting. We talked about marriage, our husbands, children, and life in general. At the hotel, I checked in as Richelle and there was no issue with my driver’s license having my male name. Most of the hotel staff only saw me dressed as Richelle and treated me as they would any other female guest. Only one front desk clerk talked to me when I was dressed endrab and enfem. She never indicated she never recognized me as the same person. I think it was the fact that when endrab I was wearing my glasses, when I was talking to her as Richelle for close to an hour, I had my contacts in. (We know that glasses worked for Clark Kent).

However, my trip back home to Orange County was not routine. I felt that the universe was conspiring to prevent me from ever getting home. After I finished meeting with my new VP, I went back to the hotel for a late checkout and to change. My key card would not work. I went back down to the front desk to reset the card. I then changed back to my skinny jeans with leopard prints, high heel boots, did my make up and checked out as Richelle.

The main tunnel to Logan airport is closed, so I had to take a detour. My navigator on my smart phone decided I should take the scenic route by going through the docks of Boston harbor. Instead of the expected 35 minute trip, it took over an hour. Then going through airport security a couple in front of me had some items in their luggage that they should not have. Now the short line I picked had only one TSA person, so our line stopped moving for a good 10 to 15 minutes.:Angry3: The collage aged girl in front of me almost missed her flight because of it.

Now after getting through security, the real conspiracy started. I had just under an hour at my transfer airport of Houston. So when the plan arrived late, that time was down to 50 minutes. Just before we started to board, they announced that there was a problem with the aircraft :eek: and they would be a little delay. When it was fixed, it was down to 30 and they said we would all make our transfer.

When we all got seated, it turned out that a co-ed that I was talking to in the security line was also going to John Wayne airport. So we started talking. I was looking forward to an enjoyable trip and some girl talk. The plane taxied out to the runway. We sat there for a little while until the pilot announced that the warning light was back on and we were returning to the gate. :censor:

Once at the gate, the flight attendant advised that all passengers that had connections to John Wayne, Los Angeles and Los Vegas to disembark as we were not going to make our connection. We got off and walked as fast as possible to the gate they sent us to get new tickets. When we were arriving at that gate, the ticket agent was calling three names, but not mine. Those three were able to get on another plan leaving in 20 minutes for LAX.

They then searched for another flight me. It was on another airline leaving in another 2 hours. Since it was in another terminal I had to go through TSA security again. I walked out of the terminal and used the cover walk way, missed the terminal I was looking for and had to retrace my steps. Finally, found the correct terminal, checked in, got my boarding pass and headed to the TSA check point.

After take-off, the pilot said the storms in California would cause a minor dely., then when we did arrive but the gate was occupied so we waited until the other plan moved. :facepalm: Now I just had to get to John Wayne airport to get my car. Super Shuttle promised to have a van in 20 to 30 minutes so I waited. When it arrived, the driver said he was already over booked and would not take me. They said the next shuttle would be in 45 minutes. So I looked around and found my only option was a taxi.

You would think my long trip was over, but no. When we arrived at the long term parking lot, it decided to pour down. (Yes, I know we need the rain, but really now?). I got into my car, drove to the automated gate and the machine ate my credit card.:gg: I had to call for service, and then wait for them to take apart the machine to recover my card. After 30 minutes I was finally driving home.

Now instead of being home at 11PM, I arrived at 3AM four hours late. A total time from the hotel to home was 18 hours. Now this was the longest I was ever out as Richelle. My ears hurt from the heavy earring I was wearing. My feet were sore, from all that extra standing and walking in 3” heals. I was so happy that this trip was finally over. :yippee:

Richelle

kimdl93
03-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Wow...that was an ordeal! Glad you made it home at last.

Helen Grandeis
03-02-2014, 03:09 PM
What a great adventure! One you make up your mind to fly pretty, you are committed for the duration. Someday I will make such a voyage. Thank you for sharing your adventure.

RenneB
03-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Wow, what a calamity of mishaps...... I've only experienced the hotel card issue... they are notorious for dying..

Glad you finally made it home.....

Thanks for sharing...

Renne.....

Barbie Anne
03-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Cosmic balance. No trouble on the way in all trouble on the way out. would have been nice though, if it was spread around a bit more. Also could have been the great architect's way of telling you to stay en-femme :)

Melissa in SE Tn
"traveling as Richelle has become somewhat routine" . How great that must be. I thoroughly enjoyed your adventure & truly admire your determination to let Richelle live in & experience the real world. Thank you for sharing as it gives me encouragement & goals. Peace to you, mel

Katey888
Great story Richelle, and very well told.... I can feel the pain for you... travelling is definitely not fun, but to do that all in heels, earrings... well, you have my greatest respect! :cheer:

Sounds like you handled all the issues with great aplomb - as a true lady should... :D

May that ever be the worst of your travelling...

Katey x

reb.femme
03-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Looking at your avatar, I can see why you are a regular en femme traveller. Sounds like a tale to test the patience of Job. I'm not religious but the analogy seems apt.

Because of your avatar, I had to check your profile and what do I see........Transportation Business Analyst. Appears fate was having a game with you that day. :heehee:

Rebecca

Alice B
03-02-2014, 04:05 PM
It sounds as if it was quite an adventure, but you seemed to handle it very well. Well done.

Cathypb
03-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Welcome to my world! Every trip I have had for the past month has been like this (I work for an airline).

It could've been worse, they could've made you gate check a bag, then misconnect and have to stay in some hub city overnite, then have them lose the bag!

But how did your face hold up after the whole ordeal??

Cheers!

Cathy

bimini1
03-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Yup once it starts rolling on you like that you know some unseen force is at work. Strange how you can get caught up in a twilight doo loop like that. Just have to roll with it.

Rachel_B
03-02-2014, 11:08 PM
The TSA agent had no problem with me presenting a passport that clearly indicted male although I was enfem. At the full body scanner, the bling on my top, set of the scanner and so I was patted down by a female TSA agent and was even asked if I wanted this in a private screening room.

TSA agents are trained to treat everybody equally. With transgender passengers, they will have a TSA agent that matches the gender they present conduct the pat down. I'm just glad fate didn't hand you any worse cards for that trip :)

Rogina B
03-02-2014, 11:16 PM
But how did your face hold up after the whole ordeal??

Cathy

Inquiring minds want to know!

Beverley Sims
03-03-2014, 12:25 AM
" My ears hurt from the heavy earring I was wearing. My feet were sore, from all that extra standing and walking in 3” heels. I was so happy that this trip was finally over."

Wasn't that wonderful.
You have experienced what a lot of other girls feel.

It is an initiation rite. :)

lingerieLiz
03-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Haven't you heard when it rains it pours? Your experience is why I don't travel for work anymore.

Sallee
03-03-2014, 12:56 AM
sounds like a helluva trip gave you a good opportunity to see how you feel after all those hours enfemme. Kind of fun

Persephone
03-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Oh girl, you really got hit on that one! I've had some pretty aweful en femme air travel experiences, very much like yours, but I think yours won. Not sure what the trophy is though...

Hugs,
Persephone.

MsVal
03-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Oh, no, what a horrible trip.
I've had a few bumps along the way, hasn't everybody, but that was just one speed bump after another. I can't imagine how tough that must have been. It's amazing that you got home just four hours late.

Oh, congratulations on dealing with it so well.

Best wishes
MsVal

celeste26
03-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Well from another person with 1 million miles of travel, that sounds like it was not that bad, certainly inconvenient but it might have been far worse. Thank God that the TSA has been trained well to deal with TG passengers. Eventually all of us who have traveled extensively will find such bad days. Doing it enfemme was special though and you go girl.

Blessings

Celeste

Robbin_Sinclair
03-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Great story Richelle, and very well told.... I can feel the pain for you... travelling is definitely not fun, but to do that all in heels, earrings... well, you have my greatest respect!.... :cheer: ...and a good comment well told.

What impressed me is not the pain of travel but the fact that nobody gave you a hard time. Passing must have been nice but methinks that even if those of us in the know (we do have gay-dar and cd-are) spotted you, people did not say bad things. A quarter day late, no lost luggage, Hell, you are charmed.

Two thoughts:

1. Did you have a Rochelle name on your card?

2. Do you think Dallas Buyers Club with a sympathetic protagonist will move peoples' tolerance up more? I can't see how it would hurt.

Love and :hugs:

Richelle
03-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Inquiring minds want to know!

I planned ahead as I expected them to take my roller due to lack over overhead bins. That seems to be the carrier MO these days. SO I had all my make-up in my laptop case and before I boarded the flight, I redid my foundation. So it was not a problem. However, my the time I got off the plan and waited around for transport to the correct airport, I no longer cared.

Richelle

Richelle
03-03-2014, 02:56 PM

Two thoughts:

1. Did you have a Rochelle name on your card?

2. Do you think Dallas Buyers Club with a sympathetic protagonist will move peoples' tolerance up more? I can't see how it would hurt.

Love and :hugs:

No, all of my IDs have my male name. The wife would kill me if I had an ID with Richelle on it.

I have not seen Dallas Buyers club, so I do not know.

Richelle

Robbin_Sinclair
03-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Oh, forgot to note. The person is a transgendered person.

DahliaLeigh
03-04-2014, 03:43 AM
Precisely why I wear the most comfortable shoes, clothes and no irritating accessories when traveling. i cant imagine how horrible it would be to get stuck sleeping overnight in an airport in non stretchy pants and heels.

Richelle
03-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Dahila,

yeah, that thought went through my head as I thought about getting stuck overnight in Houston.

Richelle