PDA

View Full Version : Small Moments

Persephone
03-03-2014, 07:00 PM
(Note: As the day went on it wasn't all perfect, see my added post down the thread).

We had to take care of some legal business today so I was en drab, dark brown polo shirt and beige slacks. They needed to see driver's licenses for both my spouse and myself and, after they were finished with them, the licenses just sat on the desk for a while. When the agent went to return them he glanced at the pictures and slid my license over to my spouse and hers to me! Seems I have the girlier picture on mine.

A few days ago I'd gone to use the reference library at my private club, an action which requires them to look up my membership. The librarian looked puzzled as she had a woman in front of her but a male name on the membership. When I explained it she said, "You really should change your membership, it will make it easier."

So, after talking to my spouse, I called member services today. They couldn't have been nicer, and a moment later they'd made the change and will be sending out my new membership card in my female name!

Small moments, but they add up!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Barbie Anne
03-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Gratz Persephone:) It truly is the little things that make life worth living.

Eryn
03-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Those are certainly validating experiences! I don't doubt that they had no problem issuing a new membership card as they are quite used to their members experiencing "transformations!" :)

DAISY LYNN DOKES
03-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Getting carded when buying a pack of cigarettes while en femme might be fun..

Marcelle
03-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Great story with a great ending Persephone. You are right, sometimes it the small things what mean a lot.

Hugs

Isha

Rogina B
03-03-2014, 10:11 PM
When you have nothing to hide,the reactions become a non event,especially,once you explain yourself..

Helen Grandeis
03-03-2014, 10:15 PM
..-. -..., -..- -.-- .-..

It's great to know that the world doesn't really care how we present particularly when you look as good as you do.

--... ...--

Persephone
03-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Thanks all!

But it wasn't a completely wonderful day. We've had some long standing dinner arrangements for this coming Wednesday with some old friends. She and I were on the phone setting up the plan for a dinner she said they were looking forward to. I mentioned that my femme self would be there and she said, "Oh! I'll check with hubbie, he was looking forward to seeing D. (male self).

A few minutes later I received the following text, "We'll pass this time, but really appreciate the invitation. Of course we'd love to go to dinner w/u and (my spouse's name) anytime. We do love u two!! =-)"

Hugs,
Persephone.

kimdl93
03-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Well, that's the way life is...some disappointments along with the good. Feel good about the small wins and give your friends a little time...then maybe you could talk with them.

Beverley Sims
03-04-2014, 03:37 AM
Barbara,
Sounds like little steps on the way to a new conclusion.

MsVal
03-04-2014, 10:29 AM
It's too bad about the dinner arrangements. That happens sometimes for reasons we don't know or understand. Perhaps it was one of those.
On the bright side, your presentation must be great. That's what countless hours of effort can do.

Overall, I'd say it was a good day, and a good evening for a dinner with your wonderful wife.

--... ...--
MsVal

Persephone
03-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Overall, I'd say it was a good day, and a good evening for a dinner with your wonderful wife.

--... ...--
MsVal

Thanks, MsVal!

Had a lovely dinner with my spouse and my son. He and his new girlfriend plan to fill out the reservation for that Wednesday night dinner and he may bring some friends of his to make up for the missing couple. My son has a keen sense of humor, so he is inviting the dropped couple's son and girlfriend. :)

Hugs,
Persephone.

Eryn
03-04-2014, 12:48 PM
...My son has a keen sense of humor, so he is inviting the dropped couple's son and girlfriend.

Humor, or justice?

They won't be able to remain silent about the great time they had! E
at your heart out Mom and Dad! .... .. .... ..

kimdl93
03-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks, MsVal!

Had a lovely dinner with my spouse and my son. He and his new girlfriend plan to fill out the reservation for that Wednesday night dinner and he may bring some friends of his to make up for the missing couple. My son has a keen sense of humor, so he is inviting the dropped couple's son and girlfriend. :)

Hugs,
Persephone.

I love it!

Amanda M
03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Persephone, for all you do for folks on here, you DESERVE a good day I'd love to be a guest at that dinner, but I would settle for being a fly on the wall!