PDA

View Full Version : I may be afraid to be seen in public but I own it while shopping

Princess Grandpa
03-03-2014, 11:25 PM
It's not even hard walking over to the dressing rooms any more. Although I guess I haven't had to wait in line anymore. I try on shoes as if I belong in them, which in reality sometimes I do. It's always funny when SA's ask if I need help then get uncomfortable when they realize what's going on.

My wife and I like to do this matching thing. Probably the only two girls ever that want to go out in the same dress. Nine matching dresses, two pants outfits, two skirts (one of which still needs a top) and a shorts outfit.

I need a good source for shoes. We can find matching shoes from Payless but the shoes are payless quality. Most of the sites online that carries the bigger sizes are quite expensive. Need to find a happy medium somewhere.

Hug
Rita

Eryn
03-04-2014, 12:01 AM
...My wife and I like to do this matching thing. Probably the only two girls ever that want to go out in the same dress. Nine matching dresses, two pants outfits, two skirts (one of which still needs a top) and a shorts outfit.

Awww, that's sweet! :)

My wife and I like to shop together, but I always go dressed and we don't do matching outfits Our body types would make that difficult!

For shoes, what size do you wear? Some stores like Nordstrom and DSW have a selection of 11s and 12s, but I don't know of a brick-and-mortar source for larger sizes. One thing that I have learned is that stores frequented by ladies of color often carry the larger sizes we need.

docrobbysherry
03-04-2014, 02:29 AM
There's a couple that regularly attend our CD/trans get togethers. They ALWAYS come in matching outfits! She makes them all!

I'm increasingly phobic about going out amongst the Muggles dressed. I do it, but I wouldn't for something I could do easier in drab. Shopping, for one!

kimdl93
03-04-2014, 03:38 AM
I'm past worrying about the reaction of others because in nearly four years there haven't been many. The few that did react have been pleasant.

Beverley Sims
03-04-2014, 03:48 AM
The only matching things my wife and I had were a couple of nighties.

We do shop together but our tast in clothing is quite different.

Joanncdnj
03-04-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm with Rita on this one, no longer is there a hesitation or worry about "getting caught" When the girl.... the woman is out, look out!! Only issue..... not enough money!

Jackie7
03-05-2014, 09:42 AM
My wife and I have a number of Twinsie outfits, but just as often we like to dress in a complementary way, both in Bettie Page dresses for example but not the same dress. lots of fun. And like you grandpa, I've long since gotten over being shy when shopping. yesterday we were in an uptown manhattan stockings-and-cosmetics shop, I was looking for warm wooly tights, and as my wife is considerably broader in the beam than me, the salesgirl kept steering us toward the larger sizes. Without thinking about it I just said no they are for me, she blinked for an instant then led us to the correct part of the rack. Oh, if there is a DSW (Designer shoe Warehouse) near you, rush on over. They have a huge selection at all price points, most styles run through 11 (yay) and some 12, and the sale racks really are on deep sale. yum!

Kristy 56
03-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Hey Rita, i shop alone,otherwise I'm 100% with you on the thread title. :)