PDA

View Full Version : Fear

andreapink
03-04-2014, 05:11 AM
I am the most confident person ever! But i don't have the guts to dress up and go out even though i live in the bay area where its mostly accepted. I know that i suck at doing makeup and most likely could never pass but i would still like to give it a try. I feel as if i would like to have someone more experienced show me the ropes with make up and such but i know many people who have got it dont want to help out a newbie. Do any of you have fellow CD friends that you get together with and share ideas and tips or tricks with? Just curious.

sandie
03-04-2014, 05:21 AM
Just take your time applying make up and the trick is dont go overboard I

K
Hhave been doing it for a while now and finding it is
Like everything else practice makes perfect

Jordan
03-04-2014, 05:21 AM
As far as being scared to go outside after you do it a few times it becomes easier as for the make up part I am like you I wish I had a person who would show me and help me but I manage it right now by myself and think I look ok but a second option would be great

Adriana Moretti
03-04-2014, 06:58 AM
Do any of you have fellow CD friends that you get together with and share ideas and tips or tricks with? Just curious.
We do this ALL day long in here...LOL.....and thru email, and private message...in person..etc...makeup takes practice..then more practice...then some more...i practice everyday I can...even if its a just lip liner for 5 minutes...or maybe just eyes....you never stop learning and besides the forum and the net, you tube videos etc...its ALL out there. And we are all right here !
XOXO

chelyann
03-04-2014, 07:28 AM
take a selfie and we can you some tips

noeleena
03-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Hi,

I dont live in your part of the world and no i did not have any friends with in the trans dressing community i would have asked,

What i did do was go to a health and beauty school for a number of weeks to learn health and beauty, with 7 of us ,

and i spent 2 years doing makeup with Jos, and allmost every evening Jos would say wether i had it right or not plus the same with clothes,

the next detail i had got to know a few people in one of our largest shops clothes makeup kitchen ware and the like , in this shop we have some 12 sections alone of different shop brand just makeup so i got to know 4 women who i have known for some 9 years, who would have makeup people , (rep's ) come and do your makeup so i went along the first time was a side room next time was were every one could see you, and i talked to other people as well having thiers done,

i allso got a group of dresser's 7 of along for a makeup afternoon i thought it went well .

and now after all that i dont wear makeup just eye brow liner lippy and perfume ,

as i dont need to cover my face as youll see in my photo,

now the rep's and my women friends are great and when i go up to Christchurch in NZ ill go see them,

this is about........ ask talk to find out and best of all meet new people and have a friendship with them it not only works you gain confidence in being around them and being accepted for who you are trust me its more than worth the time spent ,

......and..... . and as we'd say from Kiwi land get off ya backside and just do it, no one cares and you meet some neat people,:)

...noeleena...

Lynn Marie
03-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Go to Vegas, see Amy, get a makeover, strut your stuff around town for the evening. You'll learn lots of stuff about makeup, and have a ton of fun without having to explain yourself. Other alternatives are to make CD girlfriends starting here and working your way out the door. Your first efforts may be a bit raggedy but you will gradually improve every aspect of the CD experience. Your makeup will improve, your hair will improve, your shaving will improve, and gradually your wardrobe will become so much more than just a few things you found that fit!

Krisi
03-04-2014, 09:01 AM
If you go out in the daytime you can wear large sunglasses and nobody can see your eye makeup. That leaves beard cover and lipstick and that's pretty easy. A longish wig with bangs helps disguise the face further. Go where people won't recognize you and don't worry aboout what people you don't know think.

There are lots of makeup videos on youtube.com. Many of the makeup companies have videos on their websites.

Katey888
03-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Andrea - there are lots of resources here - check out the beauty section for hints and tips specific to any issues you may have - YouTube is huge! I could watch makeup vids for a week! As a thought for that, I find watching the drag makeovers (while I don't want to look like a drag queen...) are inspiring, and employ techniques relevant for us that you don't always find in the GG makeup tips, but obviously they tend to look the more natural...

I'm sure you'll get there, and I'll bet there are some gals here who would be accommodating for a newbie... :)

Explore - ask questions (in the Shopping and Beauty section) - practice and have fun! I hadn't applied a lick of makeup six months ago and I get better every time I do it... well, mostly :eek: occasional off-week, but you have to persevere! :D

Katey x

Chari
03-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Great info from previous posts! Also consider going to a professional makeup store - maybe Ulta, who have some very knowledgeable SA's that are understanding to a CD's needs. There are some Beauty Salon places that are accepting/willing to "share ideas, tips, tricks" too. Call for information & a private appointment. Enjoy.

Jenniferathome
03-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Start with YouTube for tips on makeup. It will go a long way

Karren H
03-04-2014, 09:43 AM
There nothing to fear but fear itself.... and spiders! I hate Effing spiders!

I remember the fear..... unlearning fear is a slow process.... one you start doing small outings.... to get gas or to walk at night.... you have to desensitize yourself... and work your way up to large outings... in the daytime.

Beverley Sims
03-04-2014, 09:49 AM
There are a few that have friends but most do work solo.

Practice, practice, practice and experiment with the results. That is how I learned to do it.

As for venturing out, a little at a time and set your goals further each time

Walk around a small block and then it is a city block. :)

michelleddg
03-04-2014, 11:27 AM
I would heartily recommend investing $50 in a professional makeover. Not only can you see your ultimate potential and have loads of fun, you can ask tons of questions and get a stream of tips and techniques. Hugs, Michelle

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?183437-MAC-Makeover-Primer&highlight=

Joanncdnj
03-04-2014, 05:51 PM
We have a place here in Jersey owned by a wonderful woman. It is called Lefemme, she does great makeovers, but all the while she is teaching you to do it yourself. We have monthly gatherings, that usually include some kind of excursion out in public if you want to participate.. Do a little homework, and you'll find the help. I am about to the point that I can go into Macys and sit with a consultant and pick out the right cosmetics.

LenGray
03-04-2014, 06:03 PM
It's a learning process :) Just take it one day at a time and remember that you can do this!

Going out IS scary. Take your time and you'll get there ^_^ Makeup is tough but it just takes practice, same as anything else

Caden Lane
03-04-2014, 06:03 PM
En Homme, I've fast roped out of perfectly good helicopters, done search warrants on active gang level drug houses and been lead car in high speed chases that went four counties and did a PIT maneuver at 80 miles an hour. Yet stepping out the door dressed scares me beyond belief. But my mantra of, "What has fear ever really done FOR me?" stands true. All it ever does is hold us back

kimdl93
03-04-2014, 09:02 PM
I don't even know what half the things Are that Caden described above, but the point about fear is mostly well taken. Confidence doesn't come from waiting to do something till you know you are perfect...it comes from doing despite knowing you're anything but perfect. We learn from experience.

Stephanie Morgan
03-04-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm very familiar with all those things Caden described as I've done them myself. And still, sometimes the makeup just gets the better of me and the front door scares me to death. Still....the makeup takes lots and lots of practice just like any other learned skill. As for the fear part...well for now the front door is still winning.