PDA

View Full Version : My absence and return

Donna Joanne
03-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Hello to all my sisters and friends,

I have been absent for over 8 months, and have missed you all terribly. My recent experiences have made me much stronger. Due to some issues with my wife, my transition has been put on hold, and I once again had a dreaded PURGE. So here I am starting over again. Can I say I'm getting too old for this?

Now I have had to come to the realization that my transition may take much much longer than I'd like for it to. I am getting back into individual therapy, and have been told by my endocrinologist that he wants at least 6 months of therapy before he restarts my HRT. I can deal with this.

Just a little "why" I am doing this. My wife lost her mother to breast cancer last February and almost lost her dad to colon cancer in November. She has had her own emotional and psychological issues for over 10 years, and is legally blind as well. Her therapist and psychiatrist both agree she wouldn't be able to handle losing her husband now too ( I didn't tell them about my transitioning). So I will postpone (not stop) my transition until she is healthy enough to either accept me or function without me. And there is our youngest child of 12 to think of as well.

Of course during the purge, I deleted all my photos and threw away all my clothes, shoes, cosmetics, wigs, everything. But all of that can be replaced in time. You are the one thing I can never replace, my sisters and friends.

My biggest regret is that when I needed the support of my sisters and friends the most I cut off all contact with the people I needed most...YOU!

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I resume my journey. I have missed you.

Hugs,
Donna

Rachel Smith
03-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Welcome back Donna. Do what you can to keep your peace.

Donna Joanne
03-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks Rachel.

I have fond memories of Roanoke from my childhood. My uncle owned a home on Dell Avenue and we visited there in summertime. He was a landscaper and raised rabbits. My brother also works for NS. Hope we can talk again soon.

Hugs,
Donna

Rianna Humble
03-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Sometimes, in our desperation, we can cut ourselves off from the very people who can empathise and support us.

I can't even pretend to know the heartache you are going through in your family life, but please remember that we are here for you.

Although the miles may separate us, we are only a mouse-click away.

Donna Joanne
03-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Thank you so much Rianna,

I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me. It's feels so good to be "home"!

Hugs,
Donna

traci_k
03-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Welcome back Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife and the heartaches you both have been going through. If I could, I'd reach out to give you a hug, but at least if you need to talk, remember we are here for you!

Hugs,

Kristy 56
03-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Welcome back Donna. From what you've posted you have gone through a lot lately,but are a very caring and unselfish individual. I wish you all the best, because you certainly deserve it.
Hugs,
Kristy :)