PDA

View Full Version : Now, I Understand Women Better!

AKADonna
03-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Being married for the past 29 years, I never could understand why it always takes my wife so darned long to pack for a vacation or a business trip. Having been an underdresser for a number of years, packing for a trip has never been a problem for me. But, I am going out of town to a CD support group this weekend that will require 3 diffferent outfits. I have not even begun to pack for the trip yet, but, just thinking through all of the details of each of my presentations has my mind in a tizzy!

For the morning support group session, I will be wearing a nice, casual skirt & blouse combo, for afternoon wine tasting, I will be dressing up a bit more with a pastel sun dress and for evening activities, it'll be a more slinky cocktail dress. All of that is pretty simple until you start to think of the underwear, hosiery, jewelry, purse, makeup, shoes, etc that's required to present properly at each occasion.

Think about it. When a woman is packing for a weeklong vacation or business trip, she has to mentally think through each setting, the appropriate outfit, accessories, undergarments, shoes, etc. that will be needed. This is an aspect of CD'ing that I had not previously considered.

Actually, thinking about all of this feminine stuff is really exciting to me, so it is not really a burden! Planning all of this is actually fun!

If you have not had the opportunity to pack for a trip en femme, be sure to allow yourself the time to have some girl fun!

Krisi
03-05-2014, 08:52 AM
It's easier for a woman to pack for a trip because she doesn't have to pack boobs, a wig and padded panties. She's wearing all that. And she's probably already done her nails and shaved her legs.

But yes, a woman does usually have to consider "outfits" more than a man does. Some women that is. Others don't care.

Jackie7
03-05-2014, 08:57 AM
We travel a lot and I always dress up some of the time. So I must think through and pack two complete wardrobes. For longish trips, more than a week or ten days, I sometimes take two suitcases - one girl and one guy - plus a shoe bag. But lately, since I've eliminated drab underwear and wear women's jeans in either mode, it's become a bit simpler, but breast forms, wigs, jewelry and a makeup case do fill up a lot of suitcase space. And even with the full load of luggage, I'm forever forgetting something essential.

I should add that for me managing two wardrobes is not a hassle but all part of the fun. And finding myself in a new city without the blouse or leggings or camisole I imagined I had packed, well, let's go shopping!

Beverley Sims
03-05-2014, 10:15 AM
When I travel in the car for a fortnight, I take more clothing than I do traveling around the world for three months.

stephNE
03-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Jackie is right, planning and figuring it all out is a big part of the fun of being a crossdresser. I do feel like this has given me a little insight into my wife's mind.

lovetobedani
03-05-2014, 12:04 PM
I've found that because I have a strong feminine personality mixed in it's been alot easier for me not only to understand why GG's to what they do from taking so long to get ready to go out to they way they veiw things in general. It's also helped me understand how to do business with GG's as well.

As far as packing goes. Part of why we dress fem is to have the variety and choises we don't have in male mode. Wanting to change our outfits multiple times for different events durring the day defines being fem.

Kristy 56
03-05-2014, 12:19 PM
I certainly learnrd why it takes them so long to get ready as well as all the shopping trips,packing so much etc,and why the need for all those shoes! Still all just the same, I love it ! :)

Stephanie47
03-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Once when I went out of town for business I had to plan for Sunday through Thursday night. I stayed at a Marriott Residency Inn so I had a full kitchen. It was exhilarating to unpack and hang a weeks worth of dresses on hangers in the closet and lay out the heels on the floor. Now, as a retiree when my wife went to visit family for ten days I got to hang many many dresses in the closet. I actually had to go out and buy dozens of hangers at Wal-Mart for the occasion. Although I could never wear that many dresses in ten days, it was sure nice to see all the pretties on hangers. I also hung the colored full slips on the hangers with the dress it was coordinated with. I understand why it takes women so long to dress. It does not even matter if my wife is just going out with me. It seems a guy just throws on a dress shirt, tie and slacks and he's out the door. I've learned to let my wife start about an hour before I even get out of my chair to shave.

noeleena
03-06-2014, 05:07 AM
Hi

You think you do ill give you another 29 years and youll change that to , i thought i did and now i know i dont, take it on board most men dont understand women.

Oh and the clothes, you may now have that point right, and have fun while your at it,

...noeleena...

Marcelle
03-06-2014, 05:18 AM
Yup packing for both genders is shall we say challenging. I had to go on a trip for work and while I travelled "en femme" which at least allowed me to wear one outfit and the wig, I still had a few other articles of gal clothing (jeans and tops) plus my guy stuff and then throw in military uniforms of two varieties . . . I needed three lists just to keep it straight.

My wife laughed as I was getting ready to load the car as she said it looked like I was going away for a week vice two days. She added, "I don't expect to get any guffaws the next time we go away for a weekend about my two suitcases". :)

Hugs

Isha

BLUE ORCHID
03-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Hi Donna, You need to rent a U-HAUL truck so you can take everything that you may need.