PDA

View Full Version : Into the deep end. Wish me luck. - Shelby's going out.

ShelbyDawn
03-05-2014, 04:05 PM
So, I had a major crisis the other day and went to see my therapist.
The end result is that it is time for Shelby to step out into the real world.
The plan is taking form and as of now:
I have an appointment tomorrow at noon to get my wig.
Friday right after work will be at the MAC store for a professional makeover. Mr. Drab will go in and Shelby will come out.
A manicure is definitely in order as my nails are a mess.
It will then be off to a local gender friendly establishment for happy hour and who knows what else.

If I don't explode, I will let everyone know how it goes.

:hugs:

Shelby

PS. If you're in the Austin area and would like to join me, I'd love the company( and support). Just PM me.

PPS. I probably ought to pick up a purse somewhere... :)

Katey888
03-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Good luck Shelby! We're all right behind you - thinking of you... :cheer:

If we hear a big bang it will either be you exploding or another Russkie test shot... (topical...)

Katey x

Stephanie47
03-05-2014, 04:16 PM
I was going to comment on your other recent thread, but, I post here. I read some of your threads and I cannot see if there is anything that is really holding you back, such as the privacy of a wife and children. If you are in a situation where your own worst enemy is yourself, then you're going to have an easier time letting the flower bloom. Many of us have a masculine body. Body hair is easily sheered off. If it becomes uncomfortable, it is easily grown back in a relatively short period of time. We cannot sculpt our frames. We can exercise and eat properly to lose weight which will eliminate fat and gain muscle. Not all women are Barbie dolls. Most women have so call societal imperfections. Buy stylish clothing a women of your age and build would buy. Frequent venues that are welcoming or at least not threatening. I don't know if you need to take hormones. That's between you and your therapist and doctor. Sometimes getting balance in a life is enough to weather the storms of uncertainty and alleviate stress.

Kristina_nolagirl
03-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Yayyyyy for you!!! Sounds like fun. You're going to have a wonderful time and it will only get easier for you to go out after the first time. Let us know how it turns out!

5150 Girl
03-05-2014, 04:30 PM
You won't explode, unless it be from excitement.... really! You won't!

Donna Joanne
03-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Sounds marvelous Shelby,

Wish I could join you. Wear something pretty, and enjoy the ride!

Hugs,
Donna

Bria
03-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Shelby, I hope all goes well for you. I only recently went out for the first time, second tine was much easier. I made new friends and am anxious to see them this evening,

Good Luck!!

Hugs Bria

ShelbyDawn
03-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Manicure booked!!!
I am so excited.

:battingeyelashes::D:D:battingeyelashes::cheer:

michelleddg
03-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Are you going to MAC in The Domain? I had a makeover there by Joelle about a year ago. She did an outstanding job, and they do have a private area for makeovers. In my experience all MAC artistes do outstanding work on makeovers. Ask tons of questions, take photos, have fun! Hugs, Michelle

mykell
03-05-2014, 05:04 PM
bought my wig in boy mode and still had fun,
youll be having lots of enthusiasm the next couple of days,
can almost feel your excitement, so no more crises,
im staying in the low end....

Nadine Spirit
03-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Best of luck to you! :)

Jilly75
03-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Shelby,
Good luck and enjoy. Let us know how you get on.

Jilly

Dana M
03-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Shelby,
Have fun! and good for you.

MsRenee
03-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Good luck girl.

Dont forget to exhale when you cross the threshold.

Have fun

Renee

Lillyasia
03-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Enjoy each moment out as Shelby. Tell us all about it when you are back home.

Adriana Moretti
03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
wow that is a long busy day....sounds like fun....be sure to tell us how it went....and how it ends.....

Jennifer S
03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Have fun!!

Stephanie Morgan
03-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Best of luck. Sounds like a wonderful plan for a wonderful evening.

Kristy 56
03-05-2014, 07:48 PM
I think that we're all behind you Shelby ! Enjoy the new experiences. :)

Susan L
03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Yahoo!!!! Wow, that must be the best feeling in the world to get to the point you'r at now, good luck and have a ball.

kimdl93
03-05-2014, 09:49 PM
This is a logical step out of the male and into the female. Believe me, your not the only one who has taken these steps with apprehensions about looking too male. My guess is that with a new wig of an appropriate cut and color, plus good makeover, you'll hardly recognize yourself.

Femdenise
03-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Good Luck!!! I envy and admire you.

KaceyR
03-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Good Luck and enjoy the day! I did a similar thing myself for my 1st outing (MAC,Mani-pedi,shopping and eating) and it went just fine. Just be wary of walking in heels and stores' waxed floors :)

ShelbyDawn
03-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Stopped on the way home today and picked up some simple jewelry; necklace, bracelet and clip on ear rings.
Bought some reading glasses with feminine frames and a new pair of pantyhose.

I then spent an hour pre-trying on outfits...

I wonder if this is what if feels like for a young lady to get ready for her first prom? :)

Shelby

PS. I found a cute purse, too.

Laurenlovecd
03-06-2014, 02:26 AM
Wow that sounds like a very fun and exciting day! I am taking it a step at a time. First I just took a drive has Lauren, got some great looks from men :) Then I went to a beauty supply shop and tried on several wigs, the staff was so helpful. What a rush!!

I hope you have a great time.

Suzanne F
03-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Shelby
You are going to love it! Breathe and remember that you were meant to donthis!
Hugs Suzanne

Jaime77
03-06-2014, 04:03 AM
Hey Shelby! With legs like those in your avatar, I'm betting it won't take much more work to complete the whole pretty picture! Wish I were you doing what you're doing! Enjoy!

Beverley Sims
03-06-2014, 06:25 AM
Shelby,

Bye, bye, to what's his name.

Have the time of your life.

Marcelle
03-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Hi Shelby,

It sounds like you have a great plan and looks like a great night. Just remember to relax and own the moment, the rest will follow.

Hugs

Isha

ShelbyDawn
03-06-2014, 08:35 PM
>>Kacey,
Thanks for the advice. I bought a new outfit today so I could go with a low heel slip on. My heels kill my feet but I love them anyway. Hmmm, I guess I am a bit of a girly girl.:D

Shelby

Alice B
03-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Time to throw those water wings away and have fun