PDA

View Full Version : Who is that guy?

AlexisRaeMoon
03-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Does this ever happen to you? After dressing today, I put my guy clothes back on, washed all my makeup off, and looked in the mirror, and just thought, "Who is that guy?" :eek:

I guess what I mean is, sometimes I have hard time believing the schlub in the mirror could possibly be the same person. It's really amazing what clothes, a wig, and some makeup can do.

Is it me?

Ria Lynn
03-06-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm replying as an SO so I can't respond from the same perspective as you, but there are times that I get that feeling. He's amazingly attractive to me either way (I'm bisexual, which helps immensely) but the difference is so big that it can be a bit startling. I wouldn't say it's a bad feeling, and there are times when I can see him as if it's the first time all over again. Every time he transitions, I get butterflies when I see him/her. I don't know if you mean it quite the way I do, but I guess I wanted to say that yeah, it can happen for the SOs too.

Adriana Moretti
03-06-2014, 02:31 AM
Hey Arianna...I do this ocassionally too but almost complete opposite. When I see myself as a guy after dressing I can totally see the girl....especially right after taking off the makeup...and the next day in the rear view mirror.... Alot of it is still there. However when I am dressed as a girl...full makeup etc...there are times I look at myself and question everything...and wind up in a deep dark place ....other times ..I just laugh and keep it moving....but once in a while...after a late night of hanging out ..I can go 24 to 48 hours at a clip.....I could find myself staring at the girl...and saying wtf? It could get deep ...dark...filled with anxiety...panic....kinda like Jeremy Piven in the movie Smoking Aces.....here is a clip to better explain...but it does no justice to me or the movie.....but when I saw the actual scene I could relate... Scroll to 2 minutes into the video to to see it is him in the mirror.... it is as close to the actual video i could find...sorry to get deep gals....but this ish happens once in a blue moon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr-2Gi1HolE

the eyes never lie
they look just like Jeremy Pivens.....
this was one of those nights

Katey888
03-06-2014, 05:01 AM
Arianna - it's not just you :)

Perhaps a substantial part of what we feel is because what we go through really is a transformation, however temporary (for some of us), and not just visually and physically, it's what goes on in our heads... And that is the part that is impossible to wash away...

And yes Adriana, I can relate to that look in Mr Piven's eyes (he is an actor though, and a good one - remember him on Ellen..?:)) and while I would like to know what 24 to 48 hours is like, the prospect is a bit scary - although I'd probably just get fed up of the wig, heels, bra...

I know what look I prefer...

Katey x

Marcelle
03-06-2014, 05:24 AM
Hi Arianna,

I can't say that has happened to me because I see guy me even when "en femme". I guess it has something to do with staring at my mug for 49 years and since I have way too many tells I always see boy me staring back. But "meh" . . . I am fine with that as that is who I am. :)

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
03-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Although many will insist that they are always the same person regardless of mode, there is a point in the transformation where we become that "other" person and tend to ride it out and live the adventure until it's "pumpkin time". For myself it has become a choice either way on who I want to become and how I want to present. Being able to manage it is a sign of growth and maturity. :battingeyelashes::)

Teresa
03-06-2014, 06:22 AM
When we put makeup on it's great to watch the guy disappear, washing it off it slaps you in the face ! You want to start piling it back on again ! I'm sure we've all worked with GGs that won't go anywhere without a fresh coat of lipstick, now I know how they feel !

Beverley Sims
03-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Arianna,
When I was younger many preferred Beverley to her alter ego.
I certainly got more dates and had more fun playing with girls. :)

Guys, Yuck!

dana digs sweaters
03-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Stand in line Sister

BLUE ORCHID
03-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Hi Arianna, Once I take off my wig I don't even want to look in the mirror.

Crissy Kay
03-06-2014, 09:48 AM

I have to agree with you on that one!! LOL!!!

Felicia Dee
03-06-2014, 10:03 AM
It can be jarring. My femme self is such a 180 from my guy self, that I sometimes have trouble seeing them as different sides of the same coin...

carhill2mn
03-06-2014, 04:33 PM
I find it hard to accept that is how my male self looks!

CynthiaD
03-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah. I think the same thing. The woman in the mirror is me. I'm not sure who that guy is.

AlexisRaeMoon
03-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Hey Arianna...I do this ocassionally too but almost complete opposite. When I see myself as a guy after dressing I can totally see the girl....especially right after taking off the makeup...and the next day in the rear view mirror.... Alot of it is still there.

See, this does happen to me sometimes, but it's usually after I haven't dressed for awhile. As the urge starts building again, I will catch a glimpse of myself and start noticing my more feminine attributes. And that just makes the desire stronger. But it's always right after dressing that the differences are most jarring to me - probably because I just like how I look better as a girl! Well, some of the time...

Amen! That's the worst! Especially before the makeup comes off. Bleccch. I can't stand the half-dressed thing. That (to me) is just disconcerting. I know everyone is different, but I'm not satisfied unless I see all girl - the whole man-in-a-dress thing doesn't work for me at all.

I remember the first time I crossdressed for Halloween, and after we got home, I took the wig off first and my wife says, "Oh, go wash your face. That just looks weird." Like me going to a party in a dress and heels and carrying a purse all night wasn't weird at all!

bobbimo
03-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Yep
It took a long time for Bobbi to be the first person I see in the mirror, but now I have to work at being Bob.
I love it.
Bobbi

Tracii G
03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Yes I do that too.

Melissa_59
03-07-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm always struck with sadness when "revert" back to my regular self. A thought goes through my mind: "Why can't people be more accepting of others?"

That thought applies to almost everything though, not just dressing.

BeckyRiven
03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I strongly believe it is both your female and male sides that are always in you. Just enjoy it.

Jorja
03-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Just wait until you wake up in the middle of the night for a potty brake and happen to glance into the mirror and think someone has stolen you body and replaced with this thing you are looking at.:eek: