PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying my favorite things

SAMANN
03-06-2014, 02:04 PM
So I have not had the desire to dress in several months mostly due to new meds and some medical issues that just sapped my energy. About a month ago I had the first of two surgery and I am finally starting to feel better more energy and interest in all my favorite things.

Right now I am sitting at my kitchen table with a pot of tea and in what I call my chores dress a nice pink button up that is very comfortable. Just finished :) doing some touch up painting to the kitchen around the tile back splash put in. Did that wearing a lace dress ( a little fancy I admit) and my tan high heels. Still wearing the heels.

I have decided that there is no reason I can't do the manly things operating saws, painting, tiling etc that I enjoy wearing a dress which I also enjoy. My wife bless her is understanding and actually told me that she was ok with me dressing while she was not home, a change in our agreement as previously she wanted to be there when I dressed. As our 2 adult kids are living with us the only time I had to dress was the occasional weekend when they were out with there friends. I work 4 10 hour shifts so have one weekday at home to do chores and now dress all day or at least until the kids are due home.

My life and my wife are both great Just need to work on my makeup skills a little more.

Samantha

DonnaT
03-06-2014, 02:24 PM
I've done 'manly' chores in a jean skirt. Wouldn't want to risk damage to a flowy or lacey dress/skirt when around saws, paint or thinset.

SAMANN
03-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Hmm I may have to get me a skirt like that and a nice blouse and heels and and and oops the shopping bug has struck.

Chari
03-06-2014, 03:11 PM
I do many home jobs wearing a denim jumper, pull over Tee, and low heels with my hair in a scrunchie! Amazing how quickly those jobs get done! Enjoy.

Katey888
03-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Careful with that axe, Eug... Samantha... :)

I think there are some advantages with some tasks - I've been doing some redecorating lately and a nice pair of 4" casual heels mean that I can just about paint to the ceiling cornice without steps... A real benefit, I believe.

I just have to remember to take them off before returning to the real world, but heels and jeans are casually elegant, I feel... :D

Nice for you to have an understanding wife - enjoy the chores!

Katey x

MsVal
03-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Good for you Samantha.
It's good to read that you are feeling well, feeling comfortable, and feeling the love of your sweet wife. It just doesn't get any better than that.

It really doesn't.

Best wishes
MsVal

CynthiaD
03-06-2014, 05:37 PM
The manly chores seem to go much better when I'm wearing a denim skirt and a pink tee shirt. I can identify.

kimdl93
03-06-2014, 06:34 PM
There's no reason that household honey do projects are solely male responsibilities.

Beverley Sims
03-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Some chores require short shorts and a tight top.

Also helps to be in summer. :)