PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have a Double?

windycissy
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I was walking the dog yesterday when I spied a woman who looked so familiar! She was about the same height as my friend Allie from the forum, with beautiful slim legs in a very nice skirt or dress and black jacket and heels, with a collar length bob her color, talking to her friend and she was gesturing with her hands as she talked like Allie sometimes does, and I did a double and triple take I was so sure it was Allie! Of course it was a real woman, but she could have been Allie's twin sister. Does anybody here know a woman who looks just like you?

Candice Mae
03-07-2014, 12:02 PM
I've been told I resemble Megan Fox.

S. Lisa Smith
03-07-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't, but I have seen women who look a lot like some of the women here. In fact, one of my clients looked so much like Txkinberly that I almost took her picture to post, but I couldn't...

Michelle V
03-07-2014, 12:37 PM
I had THE BEST compliment on this forum, I was told I looked like a young Kristine Wigg, how cool is that! I really don't see it but I'm not complaining.

Persephone
03-07-2014, 01:04 PM
A long time ago there was a guy who insisted that there was a woman at his church who looked exactly like me and I hadn't ever been to his church.

T'would really be odd if someone actually saw you in the opposite gender and later told you they'd seen someone who looked just like you!

Of course it was a real woman, but she could have been Allie's twin sister.

Gee, what is Allie? Chopped liver?

Hugs,
Persephone.

Allisa
03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Yes, and I couldn't believe it at first either,it is my great, grandmother on my fathers side of course the quality of "pictures" back then were not of good quality but enough facial features to see the likeness. I was thinking of seeing if I could find a photographer that I could maybe be in costume and make-up to pose and photograph me to compare the two.It may be too scary with the results.

Bye-Bye Lisa

Beverley Sims
03-07-2014, 01:53 PM
I am sure I do, but she is not a patch on me. :)

Cheryl T
03-07-2014, 02:08 PM
I've never seen anyone who looks like me and I don't think the world is ready for two of me....in any form.

AllieSF
03-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Cissy, I wish I could have said, "Yes, that was me!", but alas, no such luck with or without the chopped liver. Now, my Mom used to say that I looked just like Michael J. Fox. I had a hard time with that one too. I have looked in the mirror a few times, probably way too closely, and thought that I saw my sister in there someplace. I try not to look that close any more.

PaulaQ
03-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Actually, my biological sister and I look *a lot* alike. (So much so that I was a little nervous about coming out to her because I was afraid it was just too weird - everybody notices it! I didn't want her to think I was insane and trying to steal her life or something!)

Obviously, she's way prettier than me though.

When I did come out to her, she was absolutely awesome! We're closer now, and she can give me really practical advice about makeup and color combinations that look good on us both. I'm really getting to benefit from her experience as a woman.

dana digs sweaters
03-07-2014, 04:14 PM
3 sisters.
The next oldest has the same hair color as me so we ALWAYS got the "twin" comment when she had a short hairstyle while young.
We have a set of blonde twins a year younger then me.
Soooo many times I got the "you could put on a dress and look like your sister"...... how little did they know ;)

Diane Edwards
03-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Indeed I do. My cousin Gail. Many times throughout the years when we've been out together more than a few people asked whether we were twins. Of course these days she looks a lot better than me as she's aged well.

susan54
03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
When I was younger I looked scarily like my sister or one of my aunts. Some years ago I bought a [woman's] suit by a top notch Irish designer in a charity shop. I Googled her and the resemblance to my female alter ego was striking.

When I was at University people kept asking me why I had ignored them last night (I genuinely had an alibi for these - it wasn't me). Then someone said they thought they had seen me and on closer examination (?!!) it turned out to be a woman (not guilty on this occasion). Now having a male double who is also a cross-dresser could lead to problems ...!

Adriana Moretti
03-07-2014, 05:36 PM
yup....same here.....sister....it is so close it is scary and borders creepy when I look in the mirror sometimes.

Deedee Skyblue
03-07-2014, 05:42 PM
I've been told I resemble Megan Fox.

I have a friend who could be Candace Mae's sister...

Deedee

Jorja
03-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Sorry, they broke the mold after I popped out.

Laura912
03-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Yes. If one goes to the museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian and looks in one of the sarcophagi at the mummy....'bout the same age too.

CynthiaD
03-07-2014, 08:52 PM
I must have a very common-looking face, because people are always saying "Don't I know you from somewhere?" or "Hey, aren't you so and so?" or "Are you related to ...?"

The answer is always, no, no, and no.

It's never happened in female mode though.

BLUE ORCHID
03-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Hi Cissy, It's been said that everyone has a twin somewhere.

Diane Smith
03-07-2014, 11:08 PM
I ran across a user's profile picture on another CDing site that could easily have been of me -- I had to look several times to be sure they hadn't just appropriated one of my posted photos. I haven't met the person face to face, and don't know anything about them.

At my mom's funeral eight years ago, we had a large picture of her, taken when she was 18, posted on an easel. One of my coworkers took me aside to say he thought at first glance it was a picture of me, all dressed and made up. I had to reassure him it was taken ten years before I was born. I had never really noticed the resemblance before, but in looking more carefully at that picture, I can actually see it now -- and of course embrace it.

- Diane

PretzelGirl
03-07-2014, 11:19 PM
I think everyone that has looked like me went and had surgery to get it fixed. So no, I haven't seen them. My daughter did have a friend snap a picture of someone at a restaurant in another state and I couldn't tell that it wasn't my daughter. You can only make so many snowflakes.....

Tina B.
03-08-2014, 10:41 AM
I've never seen a woman that looks like me, but years ago, when my wife and I had just started dating, her dad found a picture in the paper of a guy that could have been my identical twin, unfortunately it was a story about a wanted suspect, and it took some doing to convince her father it wasn't me.
Never did want to meet the guy.

Felicia Dee
03-08-2014, 11:25 PM
I would LOVE to be Kat Dennings doppelganger! But alas... I'm not. En femme, I have the same problem I do in guy mode- not looking related to anyone in my family, lol. But I am looking! If I ever do meet her, we will be best friends and we'll trade places for a couple of days to trick our friends and then laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh... O.O Too much?