PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring Change

Aeslyn
03-07-2014, 04:28 PM
It has come to my attention to tomorrow in International Women's Day.

Though many would argue that we (MtF) are not women there are others who would argue that we are. I for one feel that MtF people deserve to be honoured along side women though I in no way mean to lessen the importance of the day for those born female. We are all women whether born it or not, whether full time or not. Because after all, being female is a physical condition of reproductive organs but being woman is a state of being.

With that in mind, I would like to propose a question or two:
Have transgendered peoples inspired change and how?
How can we express our solidarity with women without appearing to demean or infringe on what it is to be a woman or the issues of the suffering of women?
In what ways, even small acts, can we inspire change - for women, ourselves, or the human race at large?

CynthiaD
03-07-2014, 08:29 PM
There is so much petty prejudice against women. We can try to counter it and lead by example. I once worked in an almost all male group that included two women. The women were expected to get coffee for everyone in the morning. About once a week I made a point of getting the coffee for everyone myself. It wasn't much, but it made a point.

BLUE ORCHID
03-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Hi Aeslyn, I just saw that on the Google banner.

Eryn
03-07-2014, 09:40 PM
There is so much petty prejudice against women.

There's a fair amount of prejudice against men too, and some of it is life-threatening, not petty.

Until we call all learn to get along and treat each other fairly we will still have need of feel-good commemorative events such as "Women's Day"

Beverley Sims
03-08-2014, 12:17 PM
If you come across an event supporting women just accept and say yes to womens rights.

There are a lot of support groups and by just showing interest you lend support.