PDA

View Full Version : Shelby is out!!!!!!!!!! :)

ShelbyDawn
03-07-2014, 10:45 PM
I am having a wonderful time hanging at Bout Time.
Makeover at MAC was awesome
Outfit is too cute
Already got compliments on my look and my legs. :)

Things I have learned so far:
1. Nails increase the difficulty of just about everything by a factor of ten.
2. Little kids at the Dollar store look at you like you're an alien no matter how you're dressed
3. And most important, dressing is really easy once you decide to own it!!!

Go get em girls

More later.

:hugs:

Shelby.

PaulaQ
03-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Way to go hon!

Lillyasia
03-08-2014, 12:36 AM
Sounds like you're having a great time.

Adriana Moretti
03-08-2014, 04:06 AM
I love it when a plan comes together.....

Katey888
03-08-2014, 04:26 AM
Well done Shelby - looking forward to the 'More later'... :cheer:

Katey x

Maria in heels
03-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Sounds like you have everything put in the right places Shelby...congratulations!

Marcelle
03-08-2014, 06:06 AM
Things I have learned so far:

...Little kids at the Dollar store look at you like you're an alien no matter how you're dressed

Shelby.

Hey Shelby,

LOL on the dollar store comment . . . gave me a smile to start the day. :) Glad to hear things are going well. Have fun sweetie and play safe.

Hugs

Isha

Caden Lane
03-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Glad to hear it went smoothly Shelby. Can't wait to read more.

Beverley Sims
03-08-2014, 11:44 AM
See Shelby,
No big deal. :)
Just the little kids at the Dollar Store.

Teenage girls in the Mall at 3.00 in the afternoon is the other hurdle.

ShelbyDawn
03-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Update...
I finally got to bed at three this morning. I haven't stayed up that late since I was in school. Part of the problem is I didn't want it to end. I love Shelby!

I could write a book about last night but will instead offer a few highlights...
I was amazed at how natural I felt, very comfortable and very much at ease.
Of course, lots of firsts; wig, makeover, time out dressed, shopping, and the biggest is probably owning who I am.
I met some neat new friends, Miss Tery, Bree and Mary Alice. All very nice ladies who held my hand at the bar last night making sure I knew which bathroom to use and which way my feet should point while doing business. :)
The really helped make it a coming out party.
The bar tender was flirting with me which I think he would have done anyway, but I'll take it. :)
I got several comments on my look, my outfit and evidently, I have really nice legs. :heehee:

And one amusing thing did happen... I stopped off at the Lane Bryant where I bought my outfit to show the ladies that were so helpful to me the finished product(they took the pic)
Anyway, I couldn't find my phone. I dumped my purse on the counter, I ransacked my car and it was nowhere to be found which was strange because I had just used it a few minutes ago.
I found it in my bra(couldn't feel it through my forms). We all got a good chuckle at how I seemed to automatically pick up a singularly female trait; need a third hand, stuff it in your bra..

So, all in all, last night was a huge success and while it was a first, it will not be my last. I have already contacted the local Triess chapter about their meetings and Shelby will be heading back to Bout Time in the near future...

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and support.

:hugs:

Shelby

Julie Denier
03-08-2014, 12:11 PM
So happy you had such a fantastic time! Let's see some pics ;)

ShelbyDawn
03-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Sorry ladies, I only got these two...

Connie.Marie
03-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Shelby,
CONGRATS on your first time out. I see from your pic that you looked quite natural & .. well... pretty & normal! Glad it was such a huge success for you.
From your avatar I could have told you that you had some gorgeous legs!. Not surprised that the bartender flirted with you.
Great looking nails. The length really determines how hard it is to do other things.

I'm headed out with Dee Baker tonight for her first time out..

Hugs, Connie Marie

Adriana Moretti
03-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Update...
I finally got to bed at three this morning. I haven't stayed up that late since I was in school. Part of the problem is I didn't want it to end. !

This is the story of my life...LOL.....

Marcelle
03-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi Shelby,

It sounds like a great night sweetie and I am glad you had a great time and some great gals to ride shotgun. Your look great in your picture and I have no doubt you would have blended well. Love the nails BTW.

Hugs

Isha

Tracii G
03-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Congrats Shelby sounds like you had a fantastic night out.

MsDanii
03-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Well done Shelby, I bet nothing can take that smile off your face for many days to come...
Now its time to do it again... :)

LelaK
03-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Aren't you glad primates have nails instead of claws? Kids these days probably prefer claws though, with all the furry outfits they like to wear. I doubt if painted claws are very hot though.

Helen Grandeis
03-08-2014, 10:23 PM
My trips to MAC are the greatest fun of my CD career. I learn so much and the MAC artists make you look so good.

GenieGirl
03-09-2014, 01:37 AM
This is the story of my life...LOL.....

I third that Adriana lol.

A big congrats to you Shelly. And good luck with your future outings and here is to being you girl :)

Ginger

BLUE ORCHID
03-09-2014, 07:32 AM
Hi Shelby , I like the way that you think and you look fantastic.