PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you tell them and they still don't know.....

PretzelGirl
03-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Today I went out en femme with my wife and we went to a store. After we got out of the car, I realized I forgot something and went back to get it. My wife motored on and went in the store. As I went to go in the store, I saw her talking with a friend we met through my daughter. This friend doesn't yet know about me. So I went back to the car to wait it out.

Well, after about 10 minutes, the friend walks past the car and she was parked about 5 stalls over. My wife shows up and climbs in the car. I ask her why she is getting in the car since she was basically tagging me as our friend didn't know my car. She told me that when she ran in the friend in the store, she told the friend to be ready to be surprised because he is a crossdresser and coming in. She thought I was right behind her. Whooops. So I text the friend and say I didn't want you to find out this way and do you need to talk. Not only no answer, but then she pulls away.

So I decide to let my daughter know what happened so she wouldn't be caught off guard. After a while the friend texts me back with "What?". That didn't make sense, so my daughter decides to call her. All she talked about was how nice it was to see my wife. My daughter said she had no clue and we were good.

Out of all the "I got away with it" situations, this now ranks as the oddest. I have never told someone outright and they just didn't listen.

Lillyasia
03-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Kind of makes you wonder what people are focused on when you are talking to them.

Ozark
03-08-2014, 01:27 AM
I think the friend was so shocked that the only way she can deal with it is to just pretend that it never happened.

I have a sister like that.

Katey888
03-08-2014, 04:52 AM
Sue - another example of cognitive dissonance again... us poor humans really don't want to believe what we're told or what we see if it goes against any deep-rooted world view...

I think I have spent a lot of my management career telling people things and they clearly listen to, but don't actually hear... :)

The 'Emperor's New Clothes' principle is based on real-world behaviours, it seems...

Katey x

Marcelle
03-08-2014, 05:06 AM
Hi Sue,

Quite the story :). Is it possible she thought your wife was joking? If not perhaps it is not a big thing for her and in her books "Things are good".

Hugs

Isha

PretzelGirl
03-08-2014, 09:58 AM
It does make you wonder. I got a follow-on text this morning "So what did you want to talk about?". I'll have to figure that answer out now. :battingeyelashes: Now it makes me wonder what would have happened if she had answered my text while in the parking lot. She is a great person, so on the whole I think it would be fine. The getting from A to B would be the interesting (maybe hilarious) part. I wish I could have the fly on the wall look for each and every one of my outings.

~Joanne~
03-08-2014, 10:12 AM
It proves people hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see. Leave your friend in her happy blissful place and you keep doing what you do;) I am wondering though, did you and the wife leave or did you go shopping?

PretzelGirl
03-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Oh, we went shopping. It was a trip for our side business and we were picking up orders for ourselves and others. No skipping that. Maybe today will be fun shopping.

kimdl93
03-08-2014, 10:55 AM
For funny. People often don't really listen...myself included. The friend may simply have had her mind elsewhere.

aprilgirl
03-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Maybe your friend, like many others, is more of a visual learner.

Beverley Sims
03-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Sometimes people do not comprehend what you are saying or what was just said.

Yes, they are probably off with the fairies, is a general observation.

Tracii G
03-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Yes I think the comprehension factor is hard for some to deal with.
Some get it and some don't.

PretzelGirl
03-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Maybe your friend, like many others, is more of a visual learner.

I will be giving her that somewhere in the future. I just have to do that at my daughter's pace since it is her friend. Then she will know! <evil laughter> :devil:

She now has added a comment to my daughter. "Was she feeling okay?" :heehee:

reb.femme
03-08-2014, 04:53 PM
......... I have never told someone outright and they just didn't listen.

I've got a wife like that! Bless her.

Maybe send a pic to her mobile (that'll be Cell over there)? At least that way she's not required to listen. You'll probably get a "who is this?" reply though :heehee:

Rebecca

bridget01
03-08-2014, 07:01 PM
My wife and I have made lots of comments leaving plenty of hints but never has any of my friends taken them seriously, it appears that most dismiss it as just kidding around, unless you turn up in a dress and then make a real effort to explain it all!