PDA

View Full Version : Saw some people I know at a concert.

GenieGirl
03-08-2014, 01:03 AM
So I went to a rock concert tonight. Alasana, Get Scared and Farewell My Love. Saw a TS/GG couple I met back at a TG/CD Christmas social. Funny thing is I had a feeling I would see them there even though I had only met them 1 time previously. I have weird psychic powers....guess that's why I'm a Two Spirit ;). Anyways the wife noticed me as a guy which was pretty cool that she remembered me and was able to notice me as a guy at a concert. I went up to them and talked to them during intermission. Was really cool running into them again. They seem like a really nice couple. Also had a conversation with the lead singer of Farewell My Love in the bathroom. Seemed like a pretty chill guy. The band is a modern glam rock type band. The lead guitarist I spent the whole performance trying to figure out if they where male or female or ts the whole performance. He spoke near the end so he was a guy...his makeup looked great though :D. Maybe next concert will be my girl one...fingers crossed. Here's one of the bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAz_mUKfBaI

I would love to see these guys next....Maybe Warped Tour this summer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HCsDjQt4LQ

FYI: The songs about creatures and the secrets we all hide inside of us....I guess most of us here share a common secret to some extent.

Beverley Sims
03-08-2014, 11:47 AM
At a concert with that sort of following I would not be surprised at who you might meet.

Sallee
03-08-2014, 12:08 PM
You are obviously a punk rocker. I can relate. Since my ears only recently stopped ringing from seeing the Ramones 35 yrs ago. It kind of fun running into another CD that you know from our other life somewhere else. That doesn't seem to happen very often. It has only happened to me twice in the 50 yrs I have been into this thing of ours. I hired a contractor once who was from a support group I was in we looked at each other for probabky 1/2 hr before I mentioned several of the other girls in the group and then he mentioned the group and our secret was then out to both of us. Fun. Then there was a professor at a school I was at that was monitoring the group I attended for a paper she was doing. I walked up to her on campus and introduced my self as being from the group and it took her a while to figure out who I was in my other life. We became good friend.
It would be nice if there was a way we could be come more open about our thing and we would probably meet lots of folks that CD. Go to the next concert in punk drag you'd probably look great.

GenieGirl
03-08-2014, 01:26 PM
You can meet all sorts Beverly. Was a very diverse crowd. Saw some Asians, African Americans, Hispanics, Indians, a few older people, some even over 60 so your never too old to rock out I suppose :).

I think I might do it next time Sallee. I had wanted to go as a girl last night but didn't have time to change after work beforehand and didn't have an appropriate girl outfit to fit with that crowd. There were so many girls with awesome hair of all colors blue, red, green....her hair looked a lot like the jokers and was short but she was so pretty...her makeup looked a lot like the way I do mine too. So many pretty girls their with great makeup and great outfits, would have liked to given them all compliments but it was too loud for that and didn't want to seem like a creeper so....I just admired and enjoyed the show :)

MsDanii
03-08-2014, 04:27 PM
What an awesome band. I clicked on your links and they rock out.
Funny about the couple you ran into. As you can see music has no discrimination, go as you and enjoy the moment every one you can :)