PDA

View Full Version : Man Hair

Susan Stevens
03-08-2014, 06:29 PM
I hate my body hair! When I was younger and in shape I had a shaved body for a short time, while I was joining some friends at a club. The problem now is I am not a public dresser and have a well established career in a construction equipment type field, I worry that if I were to shave or wax it may raise some eyebrows. I do have completely bald calves though, doc said it is likely due to my very low "T", only wish the "issue" would spread! I guess I could always claim that it did.

Persephone
03-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Hi Susan!

I had a friend who was an ardent bike rider. He claimed he shaved so that they wouldn't have to do it at the hospital after one of his spills. Said it was best to pre-shave, particularly for road rash. Maybe you could make a similar claim if anyone notices.

In some cases some meds can cause body hair loss so maybe your doctor prescribed one of those? You might, or might not, actually be taking some of those meds.

And hey, if construction guys are noticing some other guy's hairless bod, isn't that kinda back on them anyway?

Hugs,
Persephone.

Eryn
03-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Haven't you heard, body shaving is in for men! Even King Gillette agrees, in very manly fashion:

SQo5WROQiZ8

I haven't had arm leg or body hair for years and nobody has said a word. I live in SoCal where shorts are worn year-round. I see a lot of men without visible body hair. It gets no attention at all.

Susan Stevens
03-08-2014, 07:20 PM
I live in a part of the country that isn't known for their tolerance if you you get my meaning. I knew a body builder who shaved for competition and ended up getting a lot of flak for it.

Shy_Confusion
03-08-2014, 07:31 PM
There are a lot of reasons to shave body hair.
-Excess sweat
-body odor
-rash
-in grown hairs
-Bugs love body hair. All kinds of bugs, not just THOSE kinds of bugs.
-tanning
-women prefer less hair

Pick your favorites and run with them.
Additional fun fact: Most guys in the infantry shave from the waist to the hairline because of the stench and bug factors.

Algoma
03-08-2014, 08:56 PM
I have never had hair on my legs, just never grew in. I can only remeber one comment, I was in my biking shorts, and my nieghbor said he was going to start biking and thought shaved legs was just part of the outfit. When you really start looking there are alot of guys with hairless legs and arms. I have been shaving my arms for years, no one has said a thing.

Janet Doe
03-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Like you Susan, my calves are completely hair free. My skin is very dry in that area, even if a hair grows simply rubbing it causes it to drop out. ( Hmm maybe I should stop rubbing my head too )
I work in a factory and get changed around my fellow workers, so I don't shave everywhere for that reason. I do keep my chest and arm pits free thou as they are fairly hidden.
( although in the past, when somebody noticed I just let them know I shaved all 9 of them off.. )
I actually had my physical this week, ( you know, that one !! ) the Dr never batted an eye.

Felicia Dee
03-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Susan. SWEETIE... wax. It's a pain. Literally, but it's so freeing! My silkiest of silkies feel all the more delicious on smooth, hair free skin. Well worth the trouble. As for raising any eyebrows... all the sexy guys in Hollywood wax... ;)

Allisa
03-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Just did a complete body hair removal today. I work in the building trades and 1 of the old guys so long pants and a shirt are always on even in the dog days of summer so no skin showing that might be questioned. Like I've said before when asked about my shaved under arms I just say it's for health reasons, which in some way it really is. Now that I've been hairless for years I will never go back.

Bye-Bye Lisa

Vickie_CDTV
03-09-2014, 05:38 AM
Your lack of hair on your calves probably has more to do with age and decreasing circulation than low T.

For what it is worth, hair decreases on the extremities as you age, so if someone makes a comment.... there is your excuse. it is a medical fact they can look up and can challenge them on if they are really bent on embarrassing you.

Marcelle
03-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Hi Susan,

I am a very hairy guy (thanks genetics :facepalm:) but have kept my body shaved complete for years. Now this had nothing to do with TG/CD and everything for UFC competition fighting (nothing hurts more than having hair ripped out of your body :eek:). Being in the military, do I get flak . . . yeah but I don't let it bother me.

I guess my question to you is what can you live with? If you really want to shave your body and don't care what others think . . . do so. You can use any story given thus far (biking, exercising, trying on a new look, it is the in thing to do) or just tell people to take a hike. If you are concerned then do it gradually. Perhaps get everyone use to smooth legs over time, then chest, then arms, etc. If you do it gradually, people are less likely to take notice.

In the end even if you work in an environment where you might get some flak, most people will push it a few times then move on to something different once they get board "Oh look a butterfly" :). If I get flak, I normally come back with "Yeah I shave my body for UFC fighting . . . want a demo?" :bringiton:

Hugs

Isha

Lynn Marie
03-09-2014, 06:42 AM
If questioned, simply state that your SO prefers you smooth shaven when applying baby oil for an evening of passionate love making. That ought to make you the envy of the neighborhood!

Marcelle
03-09-2014, 06:53 AM
LOL . . . best reason for doing so I have heard so far.

Hugs

Isha

Tanya+
03-09-2014, 08:18 AM
There was a presenter on tv recently, and he had to get into a swimming pool for a segment, and he had hairy legs, and my reaction was geez, he could have made an effort! i have lots of cyclists as clients and they make a point of being clean shaven when i need to work on their legs. Its become a thing that people don't care too much about. I was trimming down there to look better in lace when i realised how much hair was actually growing out of my little man.. i went to war and plucked ever one out with tweezers.. Thing with body hair removing is knowing where to stop. i am mastering the epilator atm and waiting for the colder weather to get back below the shorts line. The best reason is probably "Hey, do i need a reason?" ; )

Teresa
03-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Hi Susan,
Man hair is so frustrating, both my brother-in-laws and my father in law have no leg hair and very little chest hair, my son has no chest hair and yet I had the Sean Connery look by 21. I could shave my legs 3 times a week and my chest hair grows almost as quick as my face. If I did a full body shave I'd probably be 24/7 in the bathroom!

Beverley Sims
03-09-2014, 11:09 AM
I wonder what my "T" might be I have hairless legs.

Tracii G
03-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Don't worry about it nobody cares that much if you don't have hair on your body.Not like your guy friends are going to say anything because it would be "too gay" to even mention it.
Your wife that may be a problem if she likes you hairy.
I worked as a truck driver for many years and at a company picnic I had to remove my shirt to change and a few of the guys were doing the same thing and no one said a word about my shaved arms and chest.
They never said anything about my pale pink toe nails either. Its all in your head and you need to get over thinking everyone is watching you.

Stephanie47
03-09-2014, 11:58 AM
One of my local television stations does a segment each night concerning preferences, likes and dislikes, etc. One of the questions and answers indicated the majority of women these days prefer a man with no chest hair. I have to assume if the women want a shaved chest, they would also prefer the hair on the back be shaved also. I have never had hair on my calves too. So, if your calves are without hair, shave your chest and legs too. Blame it on a woman! Hair on the arms? I'm still trying to figure that out myself. Other than wearing long sleeves, there's too much one can do about that during the warmer months.

Adriana Moretti
03-09-2014, 12:39 PM
yea shave that ish........nobody is going to notice or care...not in this day & age...

Angie G
03-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I've shaved my leg underarms and upper chest fo a few years now olny had to comments that went no where.I'llbe doing my belly and arms soon.:hug:hugs:
Angies:

Gillian Gigs
03-09-2014, 03:24 PM
If some one asks why you have no hair...tell them that hair doesn't grow on steel.

ShelbyDawn
03-09-2014, 03:36 PM
I guess you could change what Lynne suggested just a bit and get a really dramatic response, i.e.,

If questioned, simply state that your SO prefers you smooth shaven when applying baby oil for an evening of passionate love making. That ought to make you the envy of the neighborhood!

could become:

If questioned, simply state that, "Your SO prefers me smooth shaven when applying baby oil for an evening of passionate love making."

Punctuation and capitalization can be so much fun... :)

:hugs:

Shelby

Eryn
03-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Punctuation and capitalization can be so much fun... :)

Let's eat, Grandma!
Let's eat Grandma!

Commas, omit them at your own peril!

Really, if someone is so impolite as to question your personal grooming the only response should be:

"Because I like it this way."

If you're feeling like toying with them you might add:

"Is there a particular reason that you notice such things?"

or:

"and so does my wife, nudge nudge, wink wink, saynomore!"

JamieQ
03-09-2014, 05:48 PM
I too think that now a days no one really cares or would even say anything about the lack of body hair be it for any reason; shaving, natural lack of, or chemo...I think men shaving body hair is more common now than we realize.

KellyTeddyBear
03-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Yeah it is common that men shave their body hair off for many different reasons. Im a flatbed trucker and plan to shave my legs, chest and underarms, it makes me feel more comfortable and girly.

Kellie79
03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
I am a cylist and shave my legs pretty closely. I used to shave twice a week. Now I shave every day and put lotion on my legs after each shave so my legs are smooth. I have absolutely no problem showing up at the gym with shaved (muscular) legs. Don't care.at.all. My wife's first reaction: "you have such girly legs" (awesome!). Now, she cannot stand me having hair on my legs and neither can I! So, everything's fine :)

xoxo
Kellie

CrossRose
03-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Hy susan did u try to use those special epilators? They pluck out hair easily :D,
But it can be very painful, I only use it when it's becoming summer since I like to lay down in sun with my legs crossing eachother and feeling those nasty hairs :o

xxx
Rose

Annie M
03-19-2014, 04:48 PM
I stay clean shaven year round and shave daily but on occasion I use nair for the shower just to get extra close. I am a cyclist so I rarely get noticed for my girly legs. I do get occasional looks for my long pony tail and my flattened b cups under my jersey. Never had a disparaging remark though.

mechamoose
03-19-2014, 05:10 PM
See, here is the thing.

I have had a beard, mustache and fur for 30+ of my 49 years on this rock. (Exceptions: Being a child, The USAF and working for Monsanto).

While I like looking pretty, I don't think that I can bring myself to follow the urgings of several of you and shave. I even do road cycling and could shrug it off!

My wife likes my fur! I think I have pretty fur!

>clings desperately to fur<

I'm showing up to a CD/T event at the end of the month in a SWEET dress, strappy heels and pretty, shiny fur! ( Will any of you be there? http://www.tg-fashions.com/Spring%20Bling%202.html )

-MM

cathie pantyhose
03-19-2014, 05:18 PM
I've removed my hair for years too. Arms, legs, stomach all over in fact. Not a peep. Once in a blue moon someone will ask why my legs look better than their wives or their own and I just say I have an issue with body hair. They move on. I don't care what society thinks of this yet I'm lucky that I live in Boulder, Co and it's the cycling capital of the states and 50%of the guys here cycle and remove their hair from their legs so I kinda fit in

Annie M
03-19-2014, 05:46 PM
I've removed my hair for years too. Arms, legs, stomach all over in fact. Not a peep. Once in a blue moon someone will ask why my legs look better than their wives or their own and I just say I have an issue with body hair. They move on. I don't care what society thinks of this yet I'm lucky that I live in Boulder, Co and it's the cycling capital of the states and 50%of the guys here cycle and remove their hair from their legs so I kinda fit in

I don't think they will allow you to ride Flagstaff Mt. with hairy legs!

cathie pantyhose
03-19-2014, 05:48 PM
HI Annie - Flagstaff, when Left hand canyon was still open, the fruit loops loop, peak to peak, etc...it's the law that if you ride here, you must be smooth here. Love this place

Annie M
03-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Left hand is, like gone! But I think you can still ride the others with hairy legs if you have fenders and a helmet mirror...
Ok I'll stop now and stay on topic.

BLUE ORCHID
03-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Hi Susan, A clean shaved body as becoming the new normal.

TallCony
03-19-2014, 11:38 PM
I did my first full shave last weekend, and in spite of some small chemical burns and a bit of razor burn i found it, amazing, finally I could wear things without hair sticking out everywhere ruining the illusion. I don't know how my wife would take it if I remained "smooth" but I am enjoy it this week, and might reshave and get antother weekend if she is okay with it.

Julia NZ
03-20-2014, 12:05 AM
I used to think about what other people thought before I got rid of my unwanted hair too. I used to wax legs, arms and chest abdomen. I was never too hairy thankfully. Now I've had laser on my legs and arms and also laser and electrolysis on my face. Virtually nothing left. Still wax chest but think I will got with permanent removal there too. No one has said a word. Guess my workmates on the oil rig must wonder why I never have stubble though! So if the guys on the rig don't say anything construction guys are of the same ilk. No?